Jyrki Laukkanen's interview (MiG-21, ...)

Redglyph

Pretty interesting and informative interview of test pilot Jyrki Laukkanen, who has many hours on MiG-21 F-13 and Bis, among others.

One particular detail, but on the -F variant, is described 14:37 regarding AB limitations, not sure they apply to -Bis. And confirmation at 29:30 that the -Bis is heavier to handle than the -F but much better equipped.

Make sure to have a look at the model at 35:30 ;)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Super cool dude and what a great aircraft the mig 21 was. I enjoyed watching it despite the interviewer always asking the same questions mechanically even when the interviewee already gave the answer 3 times...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What an awesome man. He really pursued his dream of flying, as he managed to fly fighter jets in the air force from from 1968 to 2002 when he was forced to retire at the age of 60(!). He went through a pretty unusual career for a fighter pilot, compared to typical fighter pilot careers in modern western air forces.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Very good these :thumbup:

Reminded me of this museum tour with Jyrki, where goes over the Draken and both 21's. Is in Finnish, but a lot of it has english subs, so you get the important bits translated.

- Wouldnt mind a full sub set though :)

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I wonder if he has flown the Draken as well?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I wonder if he has flown the Draken as well?

Yes he has but not very much. In his book he says that he flew only 2,3 hours with Saab 35CS-model. Then he was dropped out of the Draken training when the budgeted money run out.

thanks for sharing! great vid and info.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yes he has but not very much. In his book he says that he flew only 2,3 hours with Saab 35CS-model. Then he was dropped out of the Draken training when the budgeted money run out.

I see, thanks! :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg