DCS 1.2.8 Mi-8MTV2 SAR Competition (SAR Pilots training)

2 All Mi-8 Pilots

Let's make daytime Mi-8 VFR/IFR (SAR Pilots competition). Flight leg 30 NM (50 km).

- Engine Start at Kutaisi (UGKO).

- Embarking 5 men SAR team: SAR Team will find your Helicopter and embarked automatically. When ALL SAR Team will be on-board you will have F7 menu!

- After Embarking I will give LZ coordinates (LL) - (51) 41 22 18 N 042 33 21 E. You must find this LZ at the map (F10) and make VFR/IFR Flight Plan.

- As soon as your Flight plan ready, inform all pilots - "Flight 51 departing WEST (EAST)", takeoff as helicopter and fly your Flight Plan.

- Will be available External view F2 and F10 Map Only.

- Find LZ and Disembark SAR Team, inform all Players via TS3 or Chat "Flight 51 Disembarking". In a same time all pilots will receive for 20 seconds text message "Flight 51 Disembarking" and GREEN smoke will appear at your parking place at Kutaisi airfield.

- Fly back with maximum speed.

- Land as helicopter at your parking place.

This is Simple and Fast Flight. Just Show your Skills as a SAR Pilot.

If somebody interested, just send me PM and I will start to register pilots. As soon as we have more than 3 pilots we will arrange time and start to Fly. I will make mission based on TOOTALL navigation network and set up HOST and TS3 server.

You must have DCS World 1.2.8!

P.S. We could use ORNGE skin. Will be good to make video for YouTube )))

Registered SAR pilots list:

airwar - callsign "Tower"

Cibit - callsign "Flight 51"

Slazi - callsign "Flight 52"

Zulumike - callsign "Flight 53"

Gate-5 - callsign "Flight 54"

alfredo_laredo - callsign "Flight 55"

Rodd - callsign "Flight 56"

thinkr - callsign "Flight 57"

Edited by airwar

I'd love to do this but I just started flying the Hip and I have no idea how to navigate with it yet. I'm just now able to fly it decently without crashing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

I'd love to do this but I just started flying the Hip and I have no idea how to navigate with it yet. I'm just now able to fly it decently without crashing.

Do not worry! I will help you during the preparation of the flight plan and flight! :thumbup:

I will use this DCS World 1.2.8 mission as a flight environment - http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/431053/

Download mission and watch my videos how to navigate Mi-8MTV2 - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChnDdbVlTFgXVjqPNNfMlWQ/videos

If you want to join us, just confirm your participation.

Edited by airwar

Good on ya lads ..... this sounds really cool . Best of luck with it .

Be great if u could make a movie and post for all to see .

This really adds a brilliant elemant to the game ..... SAR .

I got the 8 ..... but shelved it until I get combat pedals in June .

Good on ya lads ..... this sounds really cool . Best of luck with it .

Be great if u could make a movie and post for all to see .

This really adds a brilliant elemant to the game ..... SAR .

I got the 8 ..... but shelved it until I get combat pedals in June .

I was the same, persevered with the slider on my X52 but the level of control you get when your pedals arrive is priceless:)

Great, looking forward to that :thumbup:. Btw, will the F10 view just show the empty map or also player positions?

I think the type of mission we are going for the map view will show only map. If you get really stuck the kneeboard will give you your position;) but try to finish the mission without it and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Like this maybe;)

Oh yeah, thats where the fun starts :thumbup:. Just played the mission and suffered from spatial disorientation during landing on the ship twice (snow + nightvision = bad) :hehe: and the wind almost got me into VRS.

Back in action!

Airwar, do you still need help with testing the mission? I have a second pc I can use as a dedicated server, but I can only use it when I am around.

Yes, I need your help!!! :thumbup:

TEST mission for DSW 1.2.8 (NOT Open Beta). I want to test F7 menu for client.

P.S. If anybody else could make HOST with this mission for 15 min would be great!!!

Make Server Name - TOOTALL SAR test

Edited by airwar