DCS News Update

_Tigre_

• 2 weeks later...

VR Update - March 2016

As both the Rift and Vive near release, we continue improving VR support. We have both CV1 and Vive Pre kits and we are doing our best to create a great VR experience in DCS.

Last week in fact we added the "laser pointer" mouse to interact with cockpits. When the pointer is over a cockpit interaction element, it will turn green. We also greatly improved the presentation of the menu UI to make it look nicer and more readable. We are also now using Rift release code 1.XX.

There are still a few areas we want to improve, but overall, I think y'all will will have a great time with it. We see VR as seastate change for seated simulation. I do all my DCS "fun time" in VR now. Be it Rift or Vive, both will provide a very immersive experience.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

DCS World Weekend News - 25 March 2016

attachment.php?attachmentid=137161&stc=1&d=1458918062

DCS World Update

Our current focus is on the merger of DCS World 1.5 with DCS World 2.0. This version, termed DCS world 2.5, will return us to a unified DCS version with the new graphics engine and be capable of supporting multiple maps. In addition to these features, we also plan to include an improved Caucasus map, new and improved explosions and clouds, improved network code, and the new procedural grass and ground clutter.

In parallel with DCS World 2.5, we continue to make progress on the DCS: Strait of Hormuz map, DCS: Normandy map, DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, DCS: Spitfire IX, the option to add a Garmin GNS 430 navigation device that can be installed on various aircraft, continued improvements to Combined Arms, new additions to the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map, new campaigns, Kuznetsov and Nimitz-class aircraft carriers, Flaming Cliffs 3 aircraft updates, new effects, and other efforts mentioned in previous newsletters.

With both the consumer Rift and Vive Virtual Reality (VR) systems on the near horizon, we are also improving the DCS VR experience which includes better cockpit interaction, user interface, and performance.

We have a LOT on our plate right now, but as each effort reaches maturity, we will provide more information.

Some updated 3D models of weapon today:

attachment.php?attachmentid=137164&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180 attachment.php?attachmentid=137165&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180 attachment.php?attachmentid=137166&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180 attachment.php?attachmentid=137167&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180 attachment.php?attachmentid=137168&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180 attachment.php?attachmentid=137169&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180 attachment.php?attachmentid=137170&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180 attachment.php?attachmentid=137171&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1458918180

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Bye

Phant

....ogni tanto secondo me a quelli della DCS gli partono per la tangente le dita sulla tastiera quando scrivono il report settimanale, cioè, ci sono voluti anni per avere un secondo scenario in versione alpha incompleto..... e ora parlano di fare di tutto di più.....:pilotfly: :megalol:

Be DCS: Strait of Hormuz map l'avevano annunciato a fine 2014. Sarebbe ora che lo rilasciassero con l'f-18 ovviamente :P

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

....ogni tanto secondo me a quelli della DCS gli partono per la tangente le dita sulla tastiera quando scrivono il report settimanale, cioè, ci sono voluti anni per avere un secondo scenario in versione alpha incompleto...

Più che lo scenario in se, il grosso del lavoro è stato dover rendere tutto l'ecosistema compatibile con l'aggiunta di nuovi scenari e, parallelamente, la transizione DX9 --> DX11. Una mole di lavoro enorme.

Detto questo, le novità elencate nell'ultima NL erano in gran parte già note.

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI