VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

having jitters with the latest update, anyone else?

Jitters can be caused by having mods in the wrong place. I'd uninstall mods you have one at a time to see if it could be the cause. The other thing is whether ASW is running. If it isn't you may get the jitter/stutter.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Just try it and tell us, whether it helps.

In this case I don't think so, but, who knows. U can't make anything wrong deleting these files.

I did some digging and it seems like a bunch of .hisl and .fx files were updated to have a modified date of 9/3/18 vs 3/8/18 when the most recent version of the mod launched. That being said, after some pretty high level tracing it looks like a lot of the issues may be centered around either renaming or refactoring of certain functions within the gbuffer/decoder files.

I'm of the opinion it's going to take more than a cursory glance through this to update. I compared a few of the modded files against the 3/8 and 9/3 versions and I can at least see where the errors are coming from in the sense it isn't superficial or replacing of 1-2 files.

I mean, maybe it's more simple then it looks and I hope so... but there does seem to be a cascade of failures stemming from the shader files with a 9/3 date.

Edit: Looking at this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3614607&postcount=421 perhaps this was already figured out and Fitness and I are just a little late to the party. I basically did a heavy handed version of what that post recommended and can say I still see noticeably better performance vs stock. To be fair maybe they implemented a more polished/1st party version of the original work into their own codebase. All I know is they made some bold claims at about the 2:06 mark in that Modern Air Combat trailer :) :) :)

Edited by Stal2k
Adding more context

Sweviver, this would be awesome! I was a little bit dissapointed after your review, that the performance with the Pimax in DCS is that bad. Especially in consideration of the not existing Brainwarp technology by now.

Please put in mind, that you have to configure the mask size by hand!

I am looking foreward to your test and hope DCS will be playable with the Pimax even with a 1080TI!

I still have the ring around my view. (Rift) No matter what # I change the masksize to it stays the same size.

Just edit as described. It's in the top few lines where I think the default is .525. Change as required, I have mine set to .615 on the rift and it's good for me. Adjust for your personal choice, but it definitely works.

Edited by Zoomer

Sweviver, this would be awesome! I was a little bit dissapointed after your review, that the performance with the Pimax in DCS is that bad. Especially in consideration of the not existing Brainwarp technology by now.

Please put in mind, that you have to configure the mask size by hand!

I am looking foreward to your test and hope DCS will be playable with the Pimax even with a 1080TI!

His updated review with newer Pimax software showed huge improvement.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Is this still working after the update? I am just trying it for the first time. I set it up for JSGME but DCS wouldn't load.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Is this still working after the update? I am just trying it for the first time. I set it up for JSGME but DCS wouldn't load.

Didn’t think it was possible to use JSGME/OvGME with this mod. How did you handle the folder deletions and renamings?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Before each update, do not forget to deactivate all the mods !!!

after each update, do not forget to delete

fxo

metashaders2

and

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Normandy\misc\metacache\dcs

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Nevada\misc\metacache\dcs

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\ЗАЛИВ\misc\metacache\dcs

Before launching DCS, activate the mod and wait 5-10 minutes until the shaders are copied again.

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

Ok, glad it works ok for you. However, every update reinstates the folders you need to rename as per the read me in the mod. Also, the fxo and metashaders2 need to be deleted each time as well.

I love OvGME (or JSGME), but I’ve not been able to see how they are useful with respect to this mod, as the installation requires too many steps.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

no need to rename anything!!! if you use JSGME

only detete

fxo

metashaders2

and

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Normandy\misc\metacache\dcs

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Nevada\misc\metacache\dcs

...\GAMES\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\ЗАЛИВ\misc\metacache\dcs

and ATTANTION

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3641955&postcount=500

Edited by huligan

win10 21H2 | i5-4670K 4.5GHz | 16Гб DDR3 | MSI RTX2080ti Ventus OC 11G | РУС vkb Gladiator Pro+РУД vkb Gametrix ECS+Пендали BRD-MS1 | Pico4 VR | | https://vk.com/paraplan_mkp

Got it working in VR using Pimax 8K and 5K+! The gain is not big, but I would say 5-7fps in average which still is a lot, having in mind this simulator mostly runs in 40-60fps on Pimax with GTX1080Ti and 8700K at 4.9Ghz.

The FOV mode was not working that great. With default value I had a double and mirrored image in the peripheral view. Increasing the FOV number enough to around 74 moved it away from the peripherals but then there was no gain in fps anymore having the FOV mask on, so I disabled it. Anyway, the modded shaders still makes a difference, big thanks for this!

Made a video about this, and overall performance in DCS running on Pimax 8K and 5K+ with my system:

Edited by SweViver