CA Future After 2.0

Angelthunder

After watching numerous videos on Youtube of World of Tanks.I was wondering what ED is going to do with this in the future.I hope to see a rumored M1A1 Abrams fully modeled tank in the sim as well as the other vehicles.ED could refer to these as PVM or Professionally Modeled Vehicles,i also want the same thing for naval ships & subs too.:)I would love to see dynamic campaigns for the fighting vehicles & APCs.I also want drivable mobile SAM trucks.What else would you like to see in CA after 2.0 is released.

I'd like to see a T-72 with correct sights. IRL they're different from the T-80's. I'd also love to see the currently driveable vehicles to be modelled to T-72: Balkans on Fire standards.

BTW: Don't we already have a DCS CA wishlist topic? :)

Все буде добре

• 4 weeks later...
After watching numerous videos on Youtube of World of Tanks.I was wondering what ED is going to do with this in the future.I hope to see a rumored M1A1 Abrams fully modeled tank in the sim as well as the other vehicles.ED could refer to these as PVM or Professionally Modeled Vehicles,i also want the same thing for naval ships & subs too.:)I would love to see dynamic campaigns for the fighting vehicles & APCs.I also want drivable mobile SAM trucks.What else would you like to see in CA after 2.0 is released.

Well if I may to "borrow" your thread little bit to update what I would like to see as explained in the old thread (closed) :music_whistling: : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2315124#post2315124

But I would take RTS elements to CA before getting higher fidelity modules. As it would bring more players to the DCS and get larger userbase to fly with.

Here are the samples:

vP1b8Iy.jpg

YshfiVT.jpg

The Combined Arms module is like a cake that is just waiting to be baked. It offers now nice things but seems that it was hold back by the delayed EDGE and hopefully now there is new features that can be implemented.

Yet as I said (and wrote in previous mentioned wish thread) I think CA offering free RTS element for CA owners (module itself is payware but you don't need to buy anything else) would lower the requirement to get improved AI and vehicles

Then maybe one day we could as well see a improved infantry simulation. More like how infantry has worked in basic RTS games by giving a change to get groups easily loaded/unloaded from vehicles or buildings. Get them easily patrol a given street. And then of course easily get them to make defensive positions (dig foxholes etc). Nothing fancy fancy, but like very basic things so rifleman group could be used easily to make defence next to the road or get them to blow a bridge and so on.

So that would actually easy mission designers work as they would not need to use so much triggers etc. As online servers could run multiple slots just for CA players.

And of course easier way to jump to chosen vehicle and control the group by commanding it (like there is now the basic way) would be very welcomed. But that then requires improved AI as in my opinion it is fairly boring that AI has 360 view all the time and can engage at the max range so easily, same limitation as when flying with any aircraft :-/

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I'd just like to see:

- More randomness in the AI's ability to spot and attack other units

- More randomness in the damage models (i.e. move away from a hitpoint system to a probability based system).

- Slightly better modelling of acceleration and traction

It needs better human interface, for input controllers too, but mostly powerful desktop interface (mouse and clickable GUI). Game Master must have ability to edit map on the go, spawn new objects, remove others, send messages etc.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Well if I may to "borrow" your thread little bit to update what I would like to see as explained in the old thread (closed) :music_whistling: : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2315124#post2315124

But I would take RTS elements to CA before getting higher fidelity modules. As it would bring more players to the DCS and get larger userbase to fly with.

Here are the samples:

vP1b8Iy.jpg

YshfiVT.jpg

The Combined Arms module is like a cake that is just waiting to be baked. It offers now nice things but seems that it was hold back by the delayed EDGE and hopefully now there is new features that can be implemented.

Yet as I said (and wrote in previous mentioned wish thread) I think CA offering free RTS element for CA owners (module itself is payware but you don't need to buy anything else) would lower the requirement to get improved AI and vehicles

Then maybe one day we could as well see a improved infantry simulation. More like how infantry has worked in basic RTS games by giving a change to get groups easily loaded/unloaded from vehicles or buildings. Get them easily patrol a given street. And then of course easily get them to make defensive positions (dig foxholes etc). Nothing fancy fancy, but like very basic things so rifleman group could be used easily to make defence next to the road or get them to blow a bridge and so on.

So that would actually easy mission designers work as they would not need to use so much triggers etc. As online servers could run multiple slots just for CA players.

And of course easier way to jump to chosen vehicle and control the group by commanding it (like there is now the basic way) would be very welcomed. But that then requires improved AI as in my opinion it is fairly boring that AI has 360 view all the time and can engage at the max range so easily, same limitation as when flying with any aircraft :-/

This +1

I would like to see (or even better hear) crew call-outs over the radio (by text or audio).

EX: "Contact at 3.5km bearing 053" (given by commander of your vehicle or from other vehicles that are tuned to the same radio station).

"We are engaging the Enemy/We are under attack!"

"Roger, moving to new location"

"Copy that, holding position"

"Got it, changing formation to xxxx"

"Roger that, Weapons free/Holding Fire Until xxx"

I find that the AI spots better than I do and I would like it if I could use their eyes. Having radio call-outs would increase a Tanker/Commander's awareness on the battlefield.

Edited by TheFurNinja

In-Game Handle: Lutrafisk

She/Her

This +1

I would like to see (or even better hear) crew call-outs over the radio (by text or audio).

EX: "Contact at 3.5km bearing 053" (given by commander of your vehicle or from other vehicles that are tuned to the same radio station).

"We are engaging the Enemy/We are under attack!"

"Roger, moving to new location"

"Copy that, holding position"

"Got it, changing formation to xxxx"

"Roger that, Weapons free/Holding Fire Until xxx"

I find that the AI spots better than I do and I would like it if I could use their eyes. Having radio call-outs would increase a Tanker/Commander's awareness on the battlefield.

And consider what it would be for a fighter pilots when a CA commander links fighter group with a local SAM site as GCI for them?

You could get very important info for your cooperation. And for SAM drivers it would be great work just use the radio menu to transmit data to the fighter pilot.

If the troops could give the ranges to ground enemy in 0.5-1km accuracy if not using laser metering, it would be great at just working as CAS without all JTAC modding etc as you could just get the call made and go help.

But the RTS side should really be a clear and easy to many pick up the CA.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I am also of the opinion that more unit / group commanding options (more like a tactics / strategy game) would add more to DCS than high fidelity ground vehicle simulation.

This way a CA player or two can add massive amounts of dynamism easily to DCS missions.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I know this has been said many, many times before but I'd love to see Steel Beasts levels of modelling for ground vehicles & player interaction with them. Given that the engine currently used in Steel Beasts is dramatically inferior to EDGE I think it would seriously be worth both companies discussing a merger, i.e. re-writing of Steel Beasts as a DCS module.

We can but dream :)

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I know this has been said many, many times before but I'd love to see Steel Beasts levels of modelling for ground vehicles & player interaction with them. Given that the engine currently used in Steel Beasts is dramatically inferior to EDGE I think it would seriously be worth both companies discussing a merger, i.e. re-writing of Steel Beasts as a DCS module.

Steel Beasts as a module, i like it ....;-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

This has already been discussed at length

Wont go in to details but it is not going to happen.

I agree SB is more high fidelity then CA

But on the other hand you cant call for CAS missions in SB

IMO. Something that it sorely missed in SB.

I think with more support from the community CA can one day reach or even surpass SB.

Even tough I would love improved RTS elements and simulation of the vehicles.

I think it is more critical to improve the interaction with the other players (planes and helos). This could be done by : -improving the Sam simulation

-give the possibility to ca player to act as a GCI when EWR are present

-give CA player more control on embarking troops in helos

-Give possibilities to the helos to resupply (& repair) ground units

-Improve the JTAC simulation

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Even tough I would love improved RTS elements and simulation of the vehicles.

I think it is more critical to improve the interaction with the other players (planes and helos). This could be done by : -improving the Sam simulation

-give the possibility to ca player to act as a GCI when EWR are present

-give CA player more control on embarking troops in helos

-Give possibilities to the helos to resupply (& repair) ground units

-Improve the JTAC simulation

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Most of the above is possible through clever mission designers.

I have acted as a GCI with other players in MP also acted as JTAC in MP which to me is really where its at.

Both Geloxo and Ciribob's troop drop and CTLD are well worth investigating:)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108523&highlight=troop+drop

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my experience in 1.2.6 as JTAC in MP campaigns with up to 12 active players, you cannot give more than 3 ground groups orders to move at the same time. If you command more than 3 groups at the same time, serious lag happens and players start loosing connection.

So in my opinion CA should be playable in MP before anything else. At the moment CA is nice for FACing or JTACing in a very close-looped scenario and kind of a tech demo, but nothing more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

In my experience in 1.2.6 as JTAC in MP campaigns with up to 12 active players, you cannot give more than 3 ground groups orders to move at the same time. If you command more than 3 groups at the same time, serious lag happens and players start loosing connection.

So in my opinion CA should be playable in MP before anything else. At the moment CA is nice for FACing or JTACing in a very close-looped scenario and kind of a tech demo, but nothing more.

+100!

This is the most important thing, not only for CA but for all modules in order to get the most out of them :thumbup:

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

What i really miss in CA is thermal sights for tanks And Such.

I dont understand why this is so hard to implement Since aircraft allready have flir.

Also stabilisation in horizontal & vertical axis, the AI seems to have it while the Player doesnt. That gives the AI a advantage because we cant fire on the move.

Tanks & AFV should also get a decent Armour model

to properly simulate different types of armour on different vehicles.

I would also like to see different systems damage/failure due to enemy fire or at random for vehicles.

And i dont need to mention the AI super powers when it comes to reaction time & x ray vision now do i?

Also proper suspension & bobbing roadwheels would be cool if done right, steel beasts pro doenst even have this feature and it is currently the only sim properly simulating modern armoured warfare.

Edited by oscar19681

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What i really miss in CA is thermal sights for tanks And Such.

I dont understand why this is so hard to implement Since aircraft allready have flir.

Also stabilisation in horizontal & vertical axis, the AI seems to have it while the Player doesnt. That gives the AI a advantage because we cant fire on the move.

Tanks & AFV should also get a decent Armour model

to properly simulate different types of armour on different vehicles.

I would also like to see different systems damage/failure due to enemy fire or at random for vehicles.

And i dont need to mention the AI super powers when it comes to reaction time & x ray vision now do i?

Also proper suspension & bobbing roadwheels would be cool if done right, steel beasts pro doenst even have this feature and it is currently the only sim properly simulating modern armoured warfare.

+1

IMO, Good sales of CA will bring us more fidelity.

ED are a consumer driven Company sales will determine the future of CA.

So lets get out there and promote it.

I am actively promoting CA on sim HQ and plan to do the same on some forums.

I would like to see RTS first, I think this can be a quick win for DCS.

Something along some simple gameplay principals that feeds into the Air game as a dynamic mission, with risk and reward for Mplayer.

Example, Capture land to gain points, spend points to buy aircraft for players, Ammo and fuel. Aircraft help capture a factory or "LZ" or "whatever" zone to Buy or spawn more Vehicles.

Its far easier to get people involved into that, and play Mplayer using all the tools and weapons, and not just the current i will load my aircraft with the best gear.