Will Patch 2.5.6 include any updates to the F-14?

Belphe

I could not launch DCS at all in 2.5.6 for some reason so went back to stable.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

That's really not an answer to all this. Yes, betas are usually prone to bugs but not like this which makes the naval operations pretty much unplayable. They should have tested this thoroughly and then release it.

Looking at HB's record of fixing some of the bugs, this might take a while.

No, I'm not blaming this on HB exclusively, ED should have waited until the whole package is ready.

From what I have read in other threads I think the issues are far more DCS-wide than HB specific

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

From what I have read in other threads I think the issues are far more DCS-wide than HB specific

No, the issues are users that have to be “the cool dude flying beta...”. Then bitching because its a beta.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Nonsense. Generally, from OpenBeta debut to Stable Release inclusion for new aircraft, the push has been 4 - 6 weeks.

It apparently needs reiterating;

THE OPEN BETA IS A PUBLIC TEST BUILD. IT DOES NOT EXIST TO ALLOW YOU BRAGGING RIGHTS TO NEW TOYS. IT EXISTS TO ALLOW A WIDER VARIETY OF USERS TO DISCOVER MORE ISSUES THAN THE TEAM COULD HOPE TO COVER ON THEIR OWN. BY USING IT YOU ARE TACITLY AGREEING FOR THE POTENTIAL TO BE EXPOSED TO SOME FUNDAMENTAL/GAME BREAKING BUGS.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO RUN OPENBETA EXCLUSIVELY AND DO NOT LIKE HAVING YOUR DCS INSTALL BROKEN THEN YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING OPEN BETA.

That would be a great and everybody would agree with you, if ED could push the correct build to beta, which they clearly didn't do. How do we know they compiled and pushed the wrong build to beta? I'm glad you asked:

1. The Huey multi crew is in, when it is clearly not supposed to be. It's clearly in a very early, not intended for the public state. ED have stated this was unintended.

2. The cows are in. Terribly bugged, without textures. Again ED have stated that was unintended.

3. Tomcat's can't launch from the carrier, neither can AI. AI can't land on the carrier either. HB have stated in the bug report, that an earlier build had this effect on all naval aircraft, however in the later build that was fixed. Again, another telling sign that ED pushed the wrong build to beta.

4. Multiplayer hosted missions that spawn units crash in less than 10 minutes, with the dedicated client burning through all the RAM on the server, and a plethora of other problems.

Those are tiny points, which screams ED messed up and pushed the wrong build to production, again, just like they did late last year. It would be great if could beta test the open beta build, but ED has to actually give it to us, instead of giving us one of their internal dev builds.

Edited by umkhunto

I flew 4 hrs in stable version last night.

Don’t need no damn cows.

Relax and try it, beta is for test pilots and those with the patience to understand a work in progress. Either accept it or come back to the stable.

Cheers!

I should add that I do have beta in my drive but am waiting to update until it seems like less folks smarter than me have problems.

Edited by Mr. Big.”Biggs”

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

That would be a great and everybody would agree with you, if ED could push the correct build to beta, which they clearly didn't do. How do we know they compiled and pushed the wrong build to beta? I'm glad you asked:

1. The Huey multi crew is in, when it is clearly not supposed to be. It's clearly in a very early, not intended for the public state. ED have stated this was unintended.

2. The cows are in. Terribly bugged, without textures. Again ED have stated that was unintended.

3. Tomcat's can't launch from the carrier, neither can AI. AI can't land on the carrier either. HB have stated in the bug report, that an earlier build had this affect on all naval aircraft, however in the later build that was fixed. Again, another telling sign that ED pushed the wrong build to beta.

4. Multiplayer hosted missions that spawn units crash in less than 10 minutes, with the dedicated client burning through all the RAM on the server, and a plethora of other problems.

Those are tiny points, which screams ED messed up and pushed the wrong build to production, again, just like they did late last year. It would be great if could beta test the open beta build, but ED has to actually give it to us, instead of giving us one of their internal dev builds.

:thumbup:

Yup, this is more like an alpha build, a hurried one at that. I have no real issues with beta. Most of the time, something crops up for a plane, you report it and move on, if it breaks the plane I fly something else. This however has broken a great many things, MP is on the top of that list. No big deal really, I just reverted it so I can go fly online, as have many other people, but thats alot fewer people reporting bugs. When flying offline in 2.5.6 I noticed a bunch of things that need fixing and reported what I could, and IF MP wasn't broken I'd probably grin and bear it. But alas it is broken.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I flew 4 hrs in stable version last night.

Don’t need no damn cows.

Relax and try it, beta is for test pilots and those with the patience to understand a work in progress. Either accept it or come back to the stable.

Cheers!

I should add that I do have beta in my drive but am waiting to update until it seems like less folks smarter than me have problems.

Do you want a cookie?

No, the issues are users that have to be “the cool dude flying beta...”. Then bitching because its a beta.

For someone who registered a couple of months ago you're all over these forums spewing a bit too much of your "wisdom". How about you tone down the smart guy rhethoric? See how things are done around here for a couple of years then start spewin'.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

But the cows with the magic force field are the best bit:thumbup:

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I like cookies. Just not ones with raisins.

+1

Never trust a wrinkled grape. :D

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

For someone who registered a couple of months ago you're all over these forums spewing a bit too much of your "wisdom". How about you tone down the smart guy rhethoric? See how things are done around here for a couple of years then start spewin'.

We know that beta is often the only alternative, but a beta is always a beta

We know that beta is often the only alternative, but a beta is always a beta
Exactly, bugs get fixed in Beta first and then it takes ages for them to get into "Release". Which is nothing more than an outdated beta. Release dedicated server had AI unit visibility bug for months. So yeah.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Hello everyone! In 2.5.6 I have an issue with starting from Stennis. I just hook up, press LSHIFT+U and nothing happens. Does anybody knows how to fix that?

It's a common bug at the moment, If you haven't noticed by looking at rage in this page or the bug section.