I feel bad for HB

Love_Beam

The only issues I found with 2.5.6 were that it brought in a lot of new things, that broke some outside scripting and took a day or two of peoples family time to work out.

DCS is a moving platform under continuous development and that's the hard part. ED wouldnt make a change if they weren't trying to better the product. Unfortunately, this makes every product built upon it, have to move too. It also includes us, we have to contend with a new product every once in a while. I think that is a good thing and it is better to accept change and improvement with patience and positivity. Because if we were back in the BS1 days, that product doesn't look as good now and people can clearly see it. Third reincarnation upcoming...

Too many people use the word "broken" as if someone put a foot through the windscreen. Changing the textures to look more realistic, adding game features that need underlying code change, isn't the same thing. Yes, it might stop those textures displaying correctly until the rest catch up, but it's for the better.

Amen.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

It's pretty clear that the latest patch was half-arsed, and shouldn't have been released to a general audience in this state

The general audience uses the stable version. Only people willing to help by finding bugs should use the open beta version. It has been officially stated that the open beta version is not for everyone.

If feature greedy consumers really want to stay on open beta, better to watch the forums a couple of days after the release of the last version before upgrade.

Sometimes, a bug ridden beta version release is necessary to gather mandatory feedback at that point.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

That right there :)

Sadly what you express here is indicative of why so few 3rd party development teams are bothering with DCS.

HB is one of the more open development teams I've seen in my 30 years of online gaming experience. They also have released a high quality complete product that they are continuing (too slowly for my taste but still) to improve.

If ED treats us - their customers, their bread & butter, the way they do (lying to us repeatedly, promising and then claiming not to have promised, pushing out "beta" code that isn't beta at all but broken shots in the dark hoping it will work - then how do you think they treat 3rd party developers.

You think they have us over a barrel because DCS is the only game in town? Imagine how over the barrel HB must feel knowing they can only stay alive so long as they can sell their modules to DCS customers?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just curious. What games/sims don't experience similar issues when releasing a beta? Secondly, why do so many of you use OB if you don't want to deal with broken items? Why not stay with the stable version until things get sorted?

very good question my friend,

remember that time when sour-puss non-tomcatters were complaining about how OP our GE-engines were and ED heard and then HB had to act and for the first time in history a nerfing update skipped OB and went straight to both?

there after the back to normal engine modeling was first release to OB before it went stable?

this happened about 3to6 months after early access i think. That's why..

Personally I run both,,,