BRM-1 Buddy Lase

Cdodders

This should be something to speak about.

If the rocket spins, it cannot be buddy-lased, but if the rocket doesn't spins, it can buddy lased?

It's a current limitation of DCS - Deka chose to have the correct animation/missile flight over the correct guidance i.e. it's WIP until DCS supports both or Deka find their own solution.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Right now it's a beam-rider, which the real BRM-1 is *NOT*.

This is the difference currently, for the reasons stated above.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I don't know why motion is more important than guidance. Personally idve done it the other way round.

+1 on that.

But it is what it is for now, and hopefully it can be fixed later.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As well as motion, Deka are working with what they've got to bring their weapons as close as they can to accurate performance, even if it means bending the numbers to strange values. The end result is what counts.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Though the BRM-1 is not ready for buddy laser at the monment, the GBU12/16 is now ready for JTAC lasering attack(when the patch is out).

Good to hear.

I just mainly want to break off my attack and still have missiles track (like a mav). Running in on a shorad, tends to be suicidal with the BRM's now.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hm, I'll have to experiment with that. So you point it at target, shoot, and then break off?

And how about adding 2 BRM-1?

-One that doesn't spins and can be buddy lased. (Maybe in the AT missiles? Don't know if that's the limitation of DCS)

-And one that spins, and CANNOT be buddy lased, only beam riding, the ones that are in (Rocket section)

I think that this way we would have a fast, and easy* soultion for all, the ones that want the beam riding ones and see them spinning can use it and have it, while the other ones that want to do buddy lasing operation, can have them and use them.

Don't know if it would be possible to maintin the same flight caracteristics for "both" ideas/versions, but that's my idea and just wanted to share it

* Maybe is not as easy as I thought xD