AI direct landing

beppe_goodoldrebel

How can I setup AI do to a straight landing on runway?

I've tried few things:

I tend to do a minimum of 15-17km from runway landing waypoint, speed=500 kph and altitude=1000m MSL for modern aircraft (They will catch the ILS), change the altitude to 500m for any WWII aircraft as they are eye balling it, also have them into the wind, if you set them too fast or two high they will do overheads and try to slow down and get to the proper approach altitude.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I tend to do a minimum of 15-17km from runway landing waypoint, speed=500 kph and altitude=1000m MSL for modern aircraft (They will catch the ILS), change the altitude to 500m for any WWII aircraft as they are eye balling it, also have them into the wind, if you set them too fast or two high they will do overheads and try to slow down and get to the proper approach altitude.

This is the kind of information that isnt on the manuals ... I've a digital notebook where I store all these Tips&Tricks of the ME :) ... just added this into it.

.. thanks for sharing your experience :)

Cheers!

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Regards, Ian.

Thats what I've done. It works! Thank you!

How can I setup AI do to a straight landing on runway?

It seem AI want to do an overhead pattern before landing everytime.

I've tried few things:

- 10 nm distant waypoint from landing waypoint

- a waypoint close to runway ( 5nm ) with 230 knots speed and 2000 AGL altitude and then landing

none of them worked right.

Can you send a .miz of them doing an overhead? What aircraft? I would love to be able to make them do an overhead but all they do for me is straight in.

Can you send a .miz of them doing an overhead? What aircraft? I would love to be able to make them do an overhead but all they do for me is straight in.

It's not exactly an overhead. It's just an orbit to return on pattern for landing.

Try to put a "fly over" waypoint with high KPS near the runway. If they cannot stop in time they tend to orbit to return on pattern.

You might be able to "fake" an overhead by using the Aerobatics Additional Actions … maybe only an extended downwind. That would be a good science project. :D

Attached an AI F-15E Straight-in approach to Batumi mission. You also have to make sure airfield is friendly to your side.

I tried a little science project and got a decent right mid-field break but no closed to landing.

Straight-In.miz

Straight-In_Right_Break_Downwind_LDG.miz

Edited by Backy 51

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]