AT-802U - Data Collection

Haggart

I thought it would be useful for all if we collect all useful information we find about this plane IF this project is real.

I'll start with the simple "what".

The Air Tractor AT-802U is a two-seat, one-engine propeller plane developed and built by Air Tractor Inc. With a max. speed of 200 kn, it can carry 9.000 pounds of blowable stuff - like unguided rockets, the Hellfire AT-missile or guided bombs, which makes a target marking system also necessary.

Think of a poor man's exportable Warthog.

It's currently only used by the Arabian Emirates, while other organizations/countrys are considering acquisition programs.

Pictures taken from Google:

AT-802U_2.jpg

AT-802U-009.jpg

• Like 1

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Website...

http://www.802u.com/

Official Brochure....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37923411/Air-Tractor-At802u-Brochure

Obligatory wiki entry...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Tractor_AT-802

Interview about the AT-802U (Gunship variant).

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1213900496?bclid=-1&bctid=27413124001

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--
  • Like 1

I don't think 'amazing' would be the word I would use to describe it.

The picture of it armed up looks like something out of Mad Max.

Really though... you guys are taking this seriously?

Edited by Frostiken
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they were taking it seriously it would be under "Simulation Research" instead of "DCS: Wish List" I do think the AT-802U deserves a spot in DCS though, it would be great to see as an AI aircraft.

Anyway, in the spirit of research, I found out it has its own Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Air-Tractor-AT-802/119909338055876

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think 'amazing' would be the word I would use to describe it.

Really though... you guys are taking this seriously?

My thoughts also :D

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Seriously I would fly it with pride.

Fits well into ED´s "ugly but awesome" aircraft list :D

I have to admit that I'm having a lot of fun with the Warthog. But I'm looking forward to something more challenging. And flying lower and slower in a much less dangerous environment with a less capable aircraft isn't challenging at all.

I would even prefer the AC-130 gunner position simulation. At least it's something different.

Regards!

In a way the AT-802U would be a logical addition since it would be a great test bed for evaluating the 2-seater concept in the DCS universe without having to develop too many complex subsystems like the Apache would require.

• Like 1

So from top notch supersonic war machines to an air tractor originally designed for agriculture and firefighting ? tell me that's just a bad dream...wake me up !

Am sure the simulation of this plane would be of high standards just like BS and WH, still there is a huge and faithful community coming from Flanker and Lock On Series desperate to see DCS fighter jet.

• Like 1

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

But, in addition to combat, you will also be able to take part in crop-dusting competitions!

Not only will you be able to blow up insurgents, you will also be able to help your community grow more and better crops, and gain resources to acquire weapons etc.

Destroying your enemy's air tractors and crops will help you dominate!

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

But, in addition to combat, you will also be able to take part in crop-dusting competitions!

Not only will you be able to blow up insurgents, you will also be able to help your community grow more and better crops, and gain resources to acquire weapons etc.

:lol:

My head's spinnin' from the stuff I just thought now to make the gameplay even more challenging and fun. I don't know weather I should laugh or cry.:wallbash:

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

LMAO...feel better, thanks man :D

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

@FLANKERATOR: Any time :D

Also, if you gather enough resources you can buy blacksharks or eventually A-10C's! With A-10C you can rule the battlefield, dropping more and bigger munitions and flying at altitudes the air tractors cannot reach!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Now now, you shouldn't diss it...

attachment.php?attachmentid=52274&d=1307377864

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Nono, my neighbor will take it serious once I buy one. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Really.....come on really :wallbash:

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Nono, my neighbor will take it serious once I buy one. biggrin.gif

Hmm, interesting perspective :D. Finally a good way to fight back in the traditional lawnmower noise neighborhood war :P

ED really has to release this module. I just can´t wait to see all those dropped jars of all our topgun friends.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My personal checklist in case this module would come true:

Step 1: Drop jar! (<- BKLronin mentioned that point already!) :surprise:

Step 2: Avoid puking one your expensive simmer-hardware! :puke::joystick:

Step 3: Step in front of a mirror and tell yourself loud and clear: "You're gonna be a hog-driver for at least further 3 years! Forget about afterburners" :huh: :doh:

:lol:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

^^^^^

It's not that bad.........we'll all be Propeller-Heads in no time:

propellerhead.jpg

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'