[REPORTED]compass seems to change pitch in relation to the throttle control (not g?)

Sharpe_95

As title really. It seems like as the thrust is advanced the magnetic compass tilts in the pitch axis (extremely in some cases) in relation to the thrust input. This is most notable in reheat/burner.

I am not sure if this is supposed to do this or not?

If it is supposed to do this, it seems to me that the pitch change is associated with the position of the thrust, not the relative g force imparted on the aircraft (nor the movement of the jet) - to that end it seems like perhaps this is in error?

Sorry if this has been posted or is not an error or the dev team haven't got round to it yet.

-S

Edited by Sharpe_95

Yes I thought that may be the case but it doesnt seem right as even when the jet is accelerating the compass still tilts.

I think it's worth one of the devs just having a quick glance to see if it is behaving as expected (doesnt do it in the FA18 for example).

-S

As title really. It seems like as the thrust is advanced the magnetic compass tilts in the pitch axis (extremely in some cases) in relation to the thrust input. This is most notable in reheat/burner.

I am not sure if this is supposed to do this or not?

If it is not supposed to do this, it seems to me that the pitch change is associated with the position of the thrust, not the relative g force imparted on the aircraft (nor the movement of the jet) - to that end it seems like perhaps this is in error?

Sorry if this has been posted or is not an error or the dev team haven't got round to it yet.

-S

Is this happening on ground - standing still with wheel brakes ON - when applying power?

Just to separate what is going on ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team

No not happening with brakes on, but it was a little excessive with acceleration, it has been adjusted, but note there should be movement with acceleration.

Should be in the next patch.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

... but note there should be movement with acceleration.

Yep, that's - unfortunately - true for all "Schnappskompasse" :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• ED Team

will be in the next update, tilt angles have been adjusted, as noted you will still see it affected by acceleration but it is not as extreme now.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2