Please give us an update on the JF-17 :) - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #11
Owen2210

The F-16C is scheduled for Autumn, in my opinion, not early fall so they still have time for release the JF-17. I hope we'll have it before the end of July, mid-August
Owen2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:24 AM   #12
ShadowFrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen2210 View Post
The F-16C is scheduled for Autumn, in my opinion, not early fall so they still have time for release the JF-17. I hope we'll have it before the end of July, mid-August
As much as I'd love for it to be soon, my money is on September/October as reasonable expectations it will either be released or we will have data on release date not to far from then.
ShadowFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #13
Harlikwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFrost View Post
As much as I'd love for it to be soon, my money is on September/October as reasonable expectations it will either be released or we will have data on release date not to far from then.
I'll be amazed if its actually this year.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:54 PM   #14
ShadowFrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
I'll be amazed if its actually this year.
I've been under the impression they've got a lot done, at the end of the day its only a guess from me. Whenever it releases, I just want it released in a good state. Obviously we all want it soon, just not rushed.
ShadowFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #15
-P51DMustang-

Quote:
I am currently holding off on the purchase of F-16 because I want to get my hands on the JF-17 instead, however if it is not coming this year and F-16 offers something unique in payload to what FA-18 can carry then I will have to put JF-17 on back burner for a while.

Without updates, I will not hold blind faith and wait for too long.
Man... they allready said on facebook that JF17 was coming this summer... and in last "https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245066" tiny news... They said they were hard working but still confident about the outcome.
Deka JF17 is first module. Instead ED who we put our trust in, and can tease barely done module, and get it out with 10% of its ability.
Here JF17 will came out almost full...
-P51DMustang- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #16
-P51DMustang-

And i personnally don't care about F16C release ETA... Because it will take at least 6month to a year to get something enjoyable (like the hornet so i will stick with my hornet until F16 is more advanced. JF17 is supposed to came almost full.
Deka is chinese studio, and they definitely don't have same policy of a "hard working day" compare to eagle dynamics. Also, i guess they give a ETA, they will stick to it no matter what.
No news is better than ED policy for F18C when they used to tease us 2/4 time a week about how wonderfull it was, and finally when it came out, everyone was disapointed.
They are doing same about F16C. They work like this.

On the same hand, Heatblur was very quiet too, posting some news every 2/3 month and they still manage to give us the tomcat almost complete (at least for B version). Deka sound the same, working in the shadow to deliver great work instead making lot of noise for nothing
-P51DMustang- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:23 PM   #17
33-DFTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -P51DMustang- View Post
No news is better than ED policy for F18C when they used to tease us 2/4 time a week about how wonderfull it was, and finally when it came out, everyone was disapointed.
Please, refrain from spreading inaccurate information.

ED said since day one that the Hornet would come with basic functions at release and then functionalities will be added in the following months. At this time they've done exactly what they said even if some people think they're not fast enough to deliver, the module has been released only a year ago. ED has already said they were going to follow the same process with the Viper, basic functions at launch and upgrades as soon as they're ready.
33-DFTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:12 PM   #18
L0op8ack
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -P51DMustang- View Post
And i personnally don't care about F16C release ETA... Because it will take at least 6month to a year to get something enjoyable (like the hornet so i will stick with my hornet until F16 is more advanced. JF17 is supposed to came almost full.
Deka is chinese studio, and they definitely don't have same policy of a "hard working day" compare to eagle dynamics. Also, i guess they give a ETA, they will stick to it no matter what.

On the same hand, Heatblur was very quiet too, posting some news every 2/3 month and they still manage to give us the tomcat almost complete (at least for B version). Deka sound the same, working in the shadow to deliver great work instead making lot of noise for nothing

No need complain ED/3rd party devs plans.
Setting milstones like ED is very nice too.

Developments have their own laws: time-consuming and laborious
Deka guys are not full time developers, every hour counts, so we'd like be quiet to save more time for coding.
As you can see, I wrote all this at 03:15 AM

Last edited by L0op8ack; 07-20-2019 at 07:16 PM.
L0op8ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:34 AM   #19
Owen2210

Is there any info for us? With possibly a release estimate with a little luck
Owen2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #20
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

just implemented some features for JF-17 radar
it's 6:45am local time, go to bed now

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote