Hoyas key binds/mapping

• 2 weeks later...

I made a thread about it on here, I have no clue how to link to it so here it is:

Some explanation:

-Profiles are per device so you need to create one file for each device.

-You need to create a separate file for "keybinds" and "axis commands" (I do axis manually, it's easier and you can make sure everything is right)

-Make sure the correct column is highlighted when saving or loading a profile

-You can save profiles for each device, then go load them, you don't immediately need to go load it after saving.

-Name the files so you remember which one it was for example name them "a10throttle.diff.lua", "a10joystick.diff.lua"...

-You can delete these files after you are done, but I recommend keeping them if you accidentally clear keybinds or reset them to default.

1 Go to "Settings" -> "Controls" select "A-10C Real"

2 Highlight any keybind under "Keyboard" (So that the keyboard column is highlighted)

3 Press "Save profile as", name the file and save it to a folder that you can find later (the default one it opens to is fine, it will always open the same one)

4 Then select "A-10C II Real"

5 (Same as step 2) Highlight any keybind under "Keyboard" (So that the keyboard column is highlighted)

6 Press "Clear category" to make sure no keybinds overlap and do weird things

7 (Same as step 2) Highlight any keybind under "Keyboard" (So that the keyboard column is highlighted)

8 Press "Load profile" locate and select the file you named in step 3

Done, repeat the process for other devices.

Yes you can. Save your profile(s) for A10C. Then go into A10CII controls, select load profile, pick the file(s) you just saved - and you’re done. That’s what I did, took about 20 seconds and was flying. Easy peasy.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria