Wags first video is up

bart

Here's the first!

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

See the new pilot from the external view? with the HMCS helmet on, looks much better than the old pilot model which seemed way too small to me.

They must have removed the KY-58 panel (which was non functional anyway) on the left console to make room for the new radio.

Love the new seating position too, much better, and that HMCS showing the current SPI complete with wedding cake. That's going to be an awesome system to use. Great video!

Edited by bart

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The Receiver/Transmitter for the ARC-210 holds the crypto now so there is no need for a KY-58.

So will this one radio replace the other 3 (VHF AM, UHF and VHF FM) or will this become the main radio and what we have now become backup systems?

EDIT :- "The ARC-210 is a family of radios for military aircraft that provides two-way, multi-mode voice and data communications over a 30 to 512+ MHz frequency range. It covers both Ultra High Frequency (UHF) and Very High Frequency (VHF) bands with AM, FM and SATCOM capabilities."

So were going to one radio when the 210 drops?

Edited by bart

I thought it was interesting that the HMCS panel was placed to the rear of the right panel set, rather than replace the TISL panel that was removed. Is there another panel there in the RW aircraft, unavailable to us perhaps? Seems to me to have been a good spot to place it rather than have a blank plate there now. I'm thinking of putting it there in Helios for convenience even though it isn't necessarily realistic.

How bad would it be if we were to ask for the ability to toggle between 'showroom fresh' and 'battle-damaged'? :D

E.g., no bumps on the nose, the ability to choose between worn and 'mint condition' cockpit? :lol:

I thought we would have the choice? I hope so because I like the new look.

Buzz

How bad would it be if we were to ask for the ability to toggle between 'showroom fresh' and 'battle-damaged'? :D

E.g., no bumps on the nose, the ability to choose between worn and 'mint condition' cockpit? :lol:

I believe that's just a texture map on the nose, so it should be easy to edit normal map and clear bumps.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

:megalol:My brain was fried by the TMS Short/Coolie Switch....I've forgotten so much!, will buy on first day and spend winter making a hash of this! on a static target!:megalol: Will be glad of every minute, THANKS GUYS

You can't imagine how that feels without having a stick with a gazillion of hats... it's almost like playing barrés off the 12th fret in quick succession.

Well, I do have that stick, but it's collecting dust in the cupboard since it doesn't come with FFB and the gimbal sucks balls (dat pun tho), precise flying is totally impossible with a stock TMWH, at least when it comes to inputs around the center.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

You can't imagine how that feels without having a stick with a gazillion of hats... it's almost like playing barrés off the 12th fret in quick succession.

Well, I do have that stick, but it's collecting dust in the cupboard since it doesn't come with FFB and the gimbal sucks balls (dat pun tho), precise flying is totally impossible with a stock TMWH, at least when it comes to inputs around the center.

Had one for year's before i moved on to Virpil - never had any issue with precise flying and the only reason i upgraded was after heavy use and years of abuse was the plastic gimbal.

Yes Virpil are better but to say you can't fly precise with a TMWH is nonsense. I think that's more down to individual strength of the player and being able to rest pressure on the stick to get the slightest movement, without any apparent real movement in the stick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

PS and i still use the stick part as i prefer it for the A10 on the Virpil base

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Yes Virpil are better but to say you can't fly precise with a TMWH is nonsense. I think that's more down to individual strength of the player and being able to rest pressure on the stick to get the slightest movement, without any apparent real movement in the stick.

Well, you do need brute force to move that thing to begin with. When handling that with a tight grasp and having to go to the center, it literally sucks down the stick like a black hole and you need to switch over that brute force you needed to have it away from the center by 180° precisely and well-timed or otherwise you simply end up fouling up what you try to do there really hard. Never liked Saiteks for the same reason, but the springs were a lot weaker on those though.

And the red button on the left throttle is a perfect tool for training the pinkie for some guitar action. It's utterly hard to budge, so I usually end up using another finger for that anyway.

I don't have a Virpil base, but since they use CAMs, I presume it's pretty much like Crosswinds, so you need very little force around the center, but progressively more the farther out you move the thing from the center. And that's literally the same with FFB. Probably would end up using the WH if I had a WarBRD base and some extensions, at least for the modules that don't have vital FFB functions such as helos, warbirds or early jets. But the TM base is definately a no go, at least for me pinkiepieexcited.png

As soon as there's an FFB base that works with the WH stick, I'll be heading for that one... too bad Brunner is way too expensive and doesn't understand DirectInput FFB on top of that. I'd happily save up and pay like 500-600 for such a thing and that is lots already.

Fun thing though, when I tried the A-10C with the WH stick, I kinda got into the switchology pretty quickly and it was great. But well, I totally couldn't aim the gun or land smoothly anymore rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I thought it was interesting that the HMCS panel was placed to the rear of the right panel set, rather than replace the TISL panel that was removed. Is there another panel there in the RW aircraft, unavailable to us perhaps? Seems to me to have been a good spot to place it rather than have a blank plate there now. I'm thinking of putting it there in Helios for convenience even though it isn't necessarily realistic.

Check this video out.

Where the TISL panel was, there is clearly a blanking panel there now. The pilot is wearing a HMCS and some say the A10-C has a roomy cockpit but looking at this it still seems quite tight to me, the pilots legs seem close together and his knees are up against the instrument panel. I think we get a good idea of his seating position in relation to the HUD from this too. The windscreen side panels look like there's a tint to them, something else we don't have. Not sure if this is common to all Hogs though.

Notice the speed, constantly around 300Kts. Only way I can get 300Kts sustained is with a clean jet, although the RPM gauges seem to indicate he is at full throttle all the time. Shame it's such a short clip, I would have loved to have seen a T/O and landing from this camera angle.

Edited by bart

Well, you do need brute force to move that thing to begin with. When handling that with a tight grasp and having to go to the center, it literally sucks down the stick like a black hole and you need to switch over that brute force you needed to have it away from the center by 180° precisely and well-timed or otherwise you simply end up fouling up what you try to do there really hard. Never liked Saiteks for the same reason, but the springs were a lot weaker on those though.

And the red button on the left throttle is a perfect tool for training the pinkie for some guitar action. It's utterly hard to budge, so I usually end up using another finger for that anyway.

I don't have a Virpil base, but since they use CAMs, I presume it's pretty much like Crosswinds, so you need very little force around the center, but progressively more the farther out you move the thing from the center. And that's literally the same with FFB. Probably would end up using the WH if I had a WarBRD base and some extensions, at least for the modules that don't have vital FFB functions such as helos, warbirds or early jets. But the TM base is definately a no go, at least for me pinkiepieexcited.png

As soon as there's an FFB base that works with the WH stick, I'll be heading for that one... too bad Brunner is way too expensive and doesn't understand DirectInput FFB on top of that. I'd happily save up and pay like 500-600 for such a thing and that is lots already.

Fun thing though, when I tried the A-10C with the WH stick, I kinda got into the switchology pretty quickly and it was great. But well, I totally couldn't aim the gun or land smoothly anymore rdlaugh.png

For TMWH, I thought that the spring mod of removing the main spring helped greatly and was mandatory for Huey. And it doesn't cost anything.

Or adding extension to WH. That makes a world of difference as well.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1