Upcoming TGP updates

AstonMartinDBS

Coordinates, northing and range indication, AA mode and more:

Thx ED/Wags! thumbup.gif

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Is there any reason why we are still having to manually fire the laser?

Auto-firing the laser when Time To Impact value = the pre-set Laser ST Time value doesn't seem particularly challenging to add.

Laser.jpg.39cb3ae664983442bea4da5af0452253.jpg

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It didn't manage to get to this update, this function will be included in the next update (after this). I'm sorry for delay!

Good news.

But I noticed that CZ doesn't highlight when a slew is in the system.

My understanding is that CZ should highlight (similar to SP when Wags selects that), to show a slew has been made. Otherwise it's difficult to recognize the need to Cursor Zero.

Thanks.

Looking forward to CZ and Maverick handoff as well. Automatic Maverick handoff is such a great feature of the Viper and makes it very fun to employ.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Looking forward to CZ and Maverick handoff as well. Automatic Maverick handoff is such a great feature of the Viper and makes it very fun to employ.

I already wondered what this feature does?

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

It didn't manage to get to this update, this function will be included in the next update (after this). I'm sorry for delay!

Everything is fine. Now that we can actually see these much needed Viper updates are indeed coming along quite nicely most of us should be pretty happy with what we will most likely get next week. The "small things" can come aferwards. You guys at ED did a good job on the Viper. I am looking forward to get my hands on all of that new stuff. :thumbup:

I notice so far ED has neither confirmed nor denied Mav's for this next update. I get the feeling they will not make it into this update. The TGP updates are vastly needed and great job there. Being able to Boresight Mav's would be amazing having the Mav Seeker slew to exactly where the TGP is looking makes deployment far faster/better than the hornet option's. The hornet can slew a mav seeker to TGP point but often takes several TDC Depresses in order for it to work. I can get by without HARM's for now I think as usually they get shot down before hitting the targets anyways.

I notice so far ED has neither confirmed nor denied Mav's for this next update. I get the feeling they will not make it into this update. The TGP updates are vastly needed and great job there. Being able to Boresight Mav's would be amazing having the Mav Seeker slew to exactly where the TGP is looking makes deployment far faster/better than the hornet option's. The hornet can slew a mav seeker to TGP point but often takes several TDC Depresses in order for it to work. I can get by without HARM's for now I think as usually they get shot down before hitting the targets anyways.

Well, you know that Wags likes to tease. So maybe he literally saves the best for last. I have a strong feeling that we might very well see HARMs and MAVs showcased in the course of the next few days. Fingers crossed.:D

Well, you know that Wags likes to tease. So maybe he literally saves the best for last. I have a strong feeling that we might very well see HARMs and MAVs showcased in the course of the next few days. Fingers crossed.:D

I hear ya Tango, Wags does leave inference in a lot of his video's and mentioning Auto/Man MAV handoff without saying they will be coming later does give some hope. Only thing he mentioned as coming later is TGT offset which honestly is not used much anyways so not a huge deal.

Thank you. :thumbup:

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I already wondered what this feature does?

At least in another Viper sim, the TPOD can hand it’s target over to the Maverick like in other planes such as the Hornet and Harrier, but also gives the Maverick an immediate lock (if within lock parameters). So you can find targets, lock them, and fire the Mavericks all with only the tpod as SOI. It’s very quick. You can also lock a target with the tpod, hand it off to the Maverick to get a lock, then cycle to the next Maverick and lock another target, and repeat, Until each Maverick has a lock, to the point that you can run in and ripple off 4 Mavericks at 4 targets simultaneously kind of like JDAMs.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

This should answer anyone's questions about Mavs.

Expect to wait.... even more.

unknown.png

That junk is getting redic. I applaud the progress made on the TGP I really do. But no WPN page means no HOF changes to CBU no Mav or HARM's either. If they said the versions are locked down I don't see how that could be so if they still got a week left to tune stuff. Guess we shall see.

The good news behind that TGP upgrade is that they had to fix the whole navigation system too.

What exactly do you mean? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That junk is getting redic. I applaud the progress made on the TGP I really do. But no WPN page means no HOF changes to CBU no Mav or HARM's either. If they said the versions are locked down I don't see how that could be so if they still got a week left to tune stuff. Guess we shall see.

They need that time to test the version, if there are bugs they need to fix them and re-test the version before release. That was the whole point of the increased time between updates, increase the quality of the patch not the quantity of stuff(bugged) added.

What exactly do you mean? :huh:

Moving around your steerpoints? It has been some time that i was flying the F-16 so i could be wrong on that one.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Moving around your steerpoints? It has been some time that i was flying the F-16 so i could be wrong on that one.

Yes, that will be fixed in the upcoming update, but that's not what I would call "fixing the whole navigation system". From such a wording I would expect some sort of deep rework of the underlaying INS simulation or something like that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg