Official Module Campaign?

Bagpipe

TBH I have used liberation before. A while back. The missions were pretty stale. DCS AI just doesn't do dynamic too well yet

It's a new version from another guy, AI didn't change ofc but there a lot of new features.

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

• 3 weeks later...
Got the desert tiger 76 dynamic campaign on for now so will keep me busy but the hurt still remains.

ED has cut me deep

Someone should probably point out that ED didn’t make the F5. Belsimtek did. Then they were absorbed by ED. We all sort of thought this would mean more content but in reality they haven’t really touched the F5 since then aside from some small fixes (and still left some big bugs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone should probably point out that ED didn’t make the F5. Belsimtek did. Then they were absorbed by ED. We all sort of thought this would mean more content but in reality they haven’t really touched the F5 since then aside from some small fixes (and still left some big bugs)

Fair point but it's their product now so they should be doing ALOT more to keep it up to standards.

It's something that applies across the board with the modules to be honest but something i hope will become a thing of the past with the new update strategy they have employed.

Fair point but it's their product now so they should be doing ALOT more to keep it up to standards.

It's something that applies across the board with the modules to be honest but something i hope will become a thing of the past with the new update strategy they have employed.

The cruel reality is that F5 is not a money maker anymore. Not to the same magnitude of F-18 or F-16 so it will not get as much love as these other modules, and if you corroborate this with the lack of content when it comes to training, campaigns and missions it paints an even grimmer picture. But that's the reality of a lot of software companies now. This is the business model that was adopted pretty much anywhere.

The cruel reality is that F5 is not a money maker anymore. Not to the same magnitude of F-18 or F-16 so it will not get as much love as these other modules, and if you corroborate this with the lack of content when it comes to training, campaigns and missions it paints an even grimmer picture. But that's the reality of a lot of software companies now. This is the business model that was adopted pretty much anywhere.

Yes! but their is a large discrepancy between no love and "not as much love"...:)

• 4 weeks later...
Just bought this module and am feeling let down to see it has no campaign.

When I tried it in the free trial it had at least a "sample campaign" or something in there so I figured you'd get a real campaign or two when/if you bought it.

And no...I do not accept that the Maple Flag campaign being available is substitution for the lack of included campaign as I have the MF campaign for the hornet and it sits gathering dust to be honest.

It's the same with the spitfire, I had to go and buy a campaign...

There's no consistency of product with the modules.

When can we expect a free campaign for the modules that are lacking them ED?

If there is one in the pipeline then fine, I have never really read much on the F5 forum as not owning the module till now.

its a great plane. however dont let the fanbois get you down. frankly it isnt right that its an ED product and theres just.. nothing. 4 scenarios. It HAS been around awhile. and lets be real, ED plays favorites. the F18 will NEVER run out of content

its not an ED but community fav and look at the F14 content

the guys got a point

the F86 is awfully neglected too

worse it destroyed the F4 project

there it is

and sad reality is certain famous ED members have very definite favorite aircraft...

for example - the F18 will NEVER run out of content, nor be neglected.

the F16 is well on the way to same treatment

if the community didnt love the f14 so much itd be in trouble, as it is ED constantly messes it up with changes etc.

no its just my opinion but theres no excuse that years later the F5 has about 5 official scenarios.. and thats it

The f86 is also criminally neglected

I understand doing due diligence but I remember when the F5 came out. noone said rleease was it . they had big plans IIRC

further I dont think ANY module theyve flat out said what you buy is what you get deal with it. So due diligence or not, you buy it and then THEY change the plans

look at multicrew for huey. that took what 8 years?

dont get me started on the hawk...

and so on and so forth..

It is what it is. nothing we can do frankly, until another company comes along

TOTALLY off topic, but Im glad Microprose is back. Im cautious, but that mighty 8th game has got me excited

there it is

and sad reality is certain famous ED members have very definite favorite aircraft...

for example - the F18 will NEVER run out of content, nor be neglected.

the F16 is well on the way to same treatment

if the community didnt love the f14 so much itd be in trouble, as it is ED constantly messes it up with changes etc.

no its just my opinion but theres no excuse that years later the F5 has about 5 official scenarios.. and thats it

The f86 is also criminally neglected

I understand doing due diligence but I remember when the F5 came out. noone said rleease was it . they had big plans IIRC

further I dont think ANY module theyve flat out said what you buy is what you get deal with it. So due diligence or not, you buy it and then THEY change the plans

look at multicrew for huey. that took what 8 years?

dont get me started on the hawk...

and so on and so forth..

It is what it is. nothing we can do frankly, until another company comes along

TOTALLY off topic, but Im glad Microprose is back. Im cautious, but that mighty 8th game has got me excited

I don't think the problem is having fan in the dev teams.

F-5 is a nice plane, I fell in love with it in just 5 minutes of flight but ED is not a no-profit organization, they need to make money to survive.

F/A-18 and F-16 have much more appeal to end-users than F-5, so it is a lot more profitable to ED in investing money and resources in support/creating content for Hornet and Falcon than Tiger.

It is a pity but sadly this is how the things in business goes...

Beside, F-5 still has some good content: 2 very useful training campaigns form Maple Flag (BFM and ACM) and one coming soon made by one of the forum users (F5-E Black Sea Resolve 79).

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Listen...she's a beauty and I am always happy with the DCS modules (barring one, maybe two 3rd party modules) but you can't help but feel a tiny bit cheated when you buy a module that's been around for a while and you have a tiny fraction of what other modules offer.

Look at the Hornet for example, it has missions coming out of every crevice...

ignore the fanbois

youre right

same with f86. its almost criminal

due diligence or not

its painfully obvious ED plays favorites.

cof cof F16 / F18

its not too far an exagerration to say I honestly believe wags would willingly break every module in game (temporarily) if he had to to fix some f18 feature

Unfortunately, this also applies to the Mig-21 ...

yup.

and other older stuff.

UH1 anyone???

Its not fair that the newer stuff gets all the love, worse still F18 (ED) always will win over say F14 (many patches have broken F14 stuff for ED stuff)

I also believe ED HEAVILY pressured HB to delay the forrestal for SC

look everyone has their favs and thats cool

I dont like the blatant favoritism

thank god the mi24 is gonna be ED at least... =/