F-16 key binding for T-50CM Trottle and T-50CM2 Grip?

Gosche

• 7 months later...

What are you trying to accomplish?

Are you looking to have it map automatically in DCS? To do this you will need to map 1:1 the Thrustmaster WH buttons (POV, trigger, TMS, DMS, CMS, etc.), and then set the USB PID/VID to the TM identifier (044F 0402). Then DCS should see it as a WH stick and the default mappings will work. the CM2 will have 9 additional buttons and the lever axis (and twist if you have it). This would all need to be done in the Virpil software.

You also have to decide if you want the physical layout to match the F-16 stick where the POV trim is the top right most hat, TMS far left (POV on CM2 grip), and DMS in the center (below the top hat on the CM2 grip) etc.

F-16_Side_Stick_Controller.jpg.e23cba787e4c837159bb65f88a4d07f5.jpg

1709958845_CM2_buttonlayout.thumb.png.d4fcd7a1ed2f5b371c3621cccb6db477.png

TM-WH_button_layout.thumb.png.ebd5aa28c308b71460b70190dfd03006.png

Attached are 1:1 Warthog stick mapping files for the T-50 (not the CM2 version) and the WarBrd bases with the CM2 grip using the Thrustmaster USB VID/PID identifiers.

They are as close to a physical mapping as possible (moving the POV to the top hat)

These were made using Virpil Software version 200325

I included a screenshot of the logical to physical button mappings for reference. DCS will still display the stick as a "Right VPC stick" in the mapping window, but it should still pick up the default Warthog mappings built into the game.

WH-to-CM2-Grip-button-mapping.png.e89ad470cbd3aabfec3d444045a9d3b7.png

virpil_profiles_200325.zip

Edited by SVgamer72

• 3 weeks later...
TAnyone any thoughts on what to (not) assign in regards to the differences between the two throttles? (No B7 and B8, no E3 etc)?

Beyond implementing the aircraft HOTAS functions, so much is personal preference it's hard to say.

I've been considering removing the three kneeboard buttons from my throttle, I don't use them very often and they're pretty easy to do with the keyboard. For getting rid of an encoder: the Fuel Gauge Mode knob does not need to be on a controller, that's easily clickable in the pit. You could also move the CMDS Program knob +/- to two buttons either on the throttle or two of the extra buttons on the T-50CM2 stick.

I'm still settling on a layout I really like for the Viper as well. I've still got lots of unused buttons on the throttle I need to find functions for.