F-5E update (Wags AMA) - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-18-2020, 04:25 AM   #111
Baaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorBrasil View Post
What is missing in the manual is the launch parameters for the Mk 82 Snakeye.

There is a manual specific to F-5 weapons delivery. It's over 600 pages. A simple Google search for "F-5 Weapons Delivery" will give you all that you need. Check specifically Section 6, pages 117-142. Then you'll realize why it's not in the manual. Hint, there is no simple launch parameter. You have to understand how every degree of dive, every knot of speed, and the altitude at which you drop will effect the bomb. The manual will get you in the ballpark; but you will still need to practice, and practice a lot.

EDIT: Just realized this very manual is available under DCS' download section: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1946809/

Last edited by Baaz; 08-18-2020 at 04:49 AM.
Baaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #112
ThorBrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaz View Post
There is a manual specific to F-5 weapons delivery. It's over 600 pages. A simple Google search for "F-5 Weapons Delivery" will give you all that you need. Check specifically Section 6, pages 117-142. Then you'll realize why it's not in the manual. Hint, there is no simple launch parameter. You have to understand how every degree of dive, every knot of speed, and the altitude at which you drop will effect the bomb. The manual will get you in the ballpark; but you will still need to practice, and practice a lot.

EDIT: Just realized this very manual is available under DCS' download section: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1946809/
|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,
|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,
|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,
|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,
|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,
|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,
|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,
|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,
|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,
|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.
ThorBrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #113
ThorBrasil

A dream! I hope ED will add the aerial refueling probe to the F-5E.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:33 AM   #114
Mikaa

An equip-able refueling probe ala the JF-17 would be great, and at bare minimum, a panel mounted NS430 so we can do some more direct routing in IMC rather than using TACAN and mental gymnastics.
Mikaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:26 AM   #115
Northstar98

For me I'm only really interested in a graphics update, I don't really want to see a more modern F-5E-3 because for me it's fun because it's basic - plus it's probably the closest thing we have to a Century series-ish fighter, going more modern would take that away.

One thing I do wish is for the TACAN volume knob to be fixed.

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cHQdNq
Northstar98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:37 PM   #116
kenlla

Hello everyone. I've a problem with the F-5 and the TrackIr 5 since the last update. When I center the TrackIr the view does'nt get in the center (as always do). Instead of viewing to the sight now I'm viewing slightly to the left and down. does anyone have the same problem and/or know how to fix it?

It only happens with this module. The others works fine
kenlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:11 PM   #117
sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOViper View Post
If I understand your question right: of course, it is!

Just to clarify things regarding my posting:
As I don't fly the real aircraft I can't say it is fact that we have too much drag, thus I did not, and thus I intentionally wrote a "maybe". Some of the guys in the forum seem to notice too much drag on other modules; seems I am not alone with that feeling on my beloved module (AJS).

For me the drag for the F-5 "feels" appropriate, despite some other saying it is too much.
If a guy called Mover had the impression that the F-18 module had too much drag during his flights (I don't know the video, just looking for it, maybe someone can provide me a link with time code), OK, that is another story. He obviously has the experience and can judge this far better. As a programmer (or responsible person for the code) I would instantly take a look into the code, maybe just a number is missing, or there is something simple broken. Sometimes failures are hidden since other failures work in the opposite direction, but not in all situations of course. Everything is complex, so "bugs will happen".

25 years of experience in aviation and a time in aviation maintenance makes me re-asking things more than one time, by looking at the problem from another perspective. If ED would eventually take a look into the libraries of functions calculating drag, fine. If not and they are sure what is going on in the code since it was tested enough, ... I (we) have to live with that I guess. Easy task. A point which we shouldn't forget about perception:
Personal perceptions are sometimes the one and only happenings in finding failures/mistakes/bugs, which needs attitude to accept them; different from the attitude "Im not doing failures/mistakes/bugs because I am professional". But this difference in attitude is "just" human factors.

I have no problem to dig deeper, since the fun for me starts here.
Tiger-II: which videos have you seen and which situations in DCS have you tried? Can you bring us to the same level of knowledge? E.g. can you make a comparison video, like https://youtu.be/DpFIHZJbTtY?t=438 ? Ralfi's video is a good example of how to compare DCS with reality, indeed he had not all date required for a in-depth break-down, but with some good assumptions regarding the situation he most probably made it as good as possible ...
'movers' YT vids are under CW lemoine
sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:44 PM   #118
ThorBrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlla View Post
Hello everyone. I've a problem with the F-5 and the TrackIr 5 since the last update. When I center the TrackIr the view does'nt get in the center (as always do). Instead of viewing to the sight now I'm viewing slightly to the left and down. does anyone have the same problem and/or know how to fix it?

It only happens with this module. The others works fine
I believe you accidentally saved the cockpit position. You have to delete the View folder from that address.

C:\Users\You Nick\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config
Old 08-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #119
kenlla

It works ThorBrasil! thank you very much :-)
kenlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:56 AM   #120
Pilot Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar98 View Post
For me I'm only really interested in a graphics update, I don't really want to see a more modern F-5E-3 because for me it's fun because it's basic - plus it's probably the closest thing we have to a Century series-ish fighter, going more modern would take that away.

One thing I do wish is for the TACAN volume knob to be fixed.
Pilot Ike is offline   Reply With Quote