DCS World 2.5.x Caucasus Terrain Textures

This is your "creature". I dont want to influence your personal preferences about the terrain mod. Im only trying to help improving the already great looking of the mod.

So take my advice only if you also think this blending could be better.

Thanks a lot mate.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Ha, after doing some flying with ver. 1.0 I wanted to come here to ask if the tree rendering distance was reduced in modded config file, as the blobs on the hills became very noticeable indeed compared to stock terrain. Glad to see they're being taken care of.

Off to download 1.01!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You work fast Mustang.

Kudos

One question.

The mod is cumulative? I mean we need the files frome the first version also or this last 1.01 version is standalone?

Because i see inside 1.01 there are missing folders that exits in 1.00 like Forestsubcrate ones.

PD: Last version is amazing, Mustang, much better blending now on distance forest. Thanks a lot

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

You work fast Mustang.

Kudos

One question.

The mod is cumulative? I mean we need the files frome the first version also or this last 1.01 version is standalone?

Because i see inside 1.01 there are missing folders that exits in 1.00 like Forestsubcrate ones.

PD: Last version is amazing, Mustang, much better blending now on distance forest. Thanks a lot

You work fast Mustang.

Kudos

One question.

Excellent, have you noticed any difference with the overall tree textures quality? It should be very noticeable at all ranges, on my end the clarity of the trees up close is far better.

KCn2rCT.jpg

Absolutely ¡¡

Much better now, the improvement is very noticeable at all distances. The blending, clarity and quality is very good now.

Judge yourself XDDD

PD: You notice my question? The last version is standalone or we still need the files inside Forestsubcrate folders from your first version? Because the last version didnt have this folders inside.

O5V0dy3.jpg

z3RpQNE.jpg

HyWj339.jpg

QYVZaF9.jpg

aY3MnQt.jpg

9v2qXON.jpg

y98B1C6.jpg

jn3wnJA.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PD: You notice my question? The last version is standalone or we still need the files inside Forestsubcrate folders from your first version? Because the last version didnt have this folders inside.

Yes I removed those folders/files since they are no longer needed by the mod, and those pics are great :thumbup:

Great ¡¡¡

The map is getting better and better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi YoYo,

I had experimented with removing the 'dots' from the forest floors, as from today I have placed them back in so please re-download the package.

The second bug is caused by the way the mod works, if you change seasons somehow textures from the last season is carried over to the new one - this is a result of having the textures operating from the folders instead of the zip files, it has been a problem ever since 1.5.x.

TY.

Looks better now! The first problem is solved :).

V0cOkfH.jpg

gsNpFA2.jpg

RbCxIt6.jpg

ttQSD9W.jpg

I can cofirm also about second "bug". I see now that after the restart DCS below trees texture is ok... but not this problem with default texture.

Any idea how to solve it (or restart sim only?)?

btw. this pictures was done with Your old mode "Cloud shadows". It works still here.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks Mustang this is great! Works with OvGME :thumbup:

Excuse my new guyness but first time working with OvGME. How did you get it to work on it? When I tell OvGRE to enable it just adds non zipped folders to the vftextures folder in the game files. The original files are all zipped that I think its suppose to replace and they are all still there. Unless its working and I just haven't noticed the difference yet in the game. I have added other mods with OvGME and they work fine.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

Excuse my new guyness but first time working with OvGME. How did you get it to work on it? When I tell OvGRE to enable it just adds non zipped folders to the vftextures folder in the game files. The original files are all zipped that I think its suppose to replace and they are all still there. Unless its working and I just haven't noticed the difference yet in the game. I have added other mods with OvGME and they work fine.

It's just normal, DCS read first non zip folders and Mustang didn't modify all files :smilewink:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

It's just normal, DCS read first non zip folders and Mustang didn't modify all files :smilewink:

ok cool. I might not have flown around enough yet to see the differences. Ill look closer. Thanks for the help.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

I really like the new terrian, but I am still seeing some areas with no trees on the latest download. I don't have a screenshot but if you taking heading 110 out of Kobuleti and go to the mountains (KM73 area on the mission editor map) I see bald areas in the distance where default has the distant tree dots.

Nice Work

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Im assuming you're using reshade? What settings?

Ask without reposting pics!!!

Going to try this mod in VR and see if I can keep acceptable frames :thumbup:

Thanks Mustang sorry can't rep you ;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Moltar.

I'm still using reshade 1.xxx stock profile without any change. The unmodded reshade profile is just a little bit darker with some AA filtering, contrast and sharpnes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, sorry. No to make it OvGME compatible you need to do a bit of work. But now I have done it for you. Here are the OvGME format of the mod.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nMubsZvpT6aMcYffga9Jvdj9NOKGTwPO

Just add this file to the OvGME folder that mods DCS App folder and enable. :)