DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Cheers CB, it is appreciated..... sri for the hassle :(

No worries! If you're having it, others will and maybe not posting about it. Please try the attached version.

Both lua files are updated as well as the Client and Overlay.

Data is now send via Broadcast instead of Multicast for DCS.

If that doesnt work then i'll try unicast and if that fails I will have to have a long think...

Hi

I have a logitech G948 joystic, I want to establish a radio station in my hotas.

I using ht with 8 directions.

I can not fix.

There is a solution?

:(Lavi.

The latest version supports POV hat. Tested on Warthog and working. Just make sure you hold the POV for a second or so when setting the keybind.

I don't have a G948 - is anyone else experiencing this?

Ciribob maybe you can add version number in the .zip download folder name (for easier identification on our own PCs ;) )

And do I have to start the program everytime BEFORE I launch or will it automatically launch with DCS everytime now?

No you have to launch the programs yourself. You can do it when DCS is running or before, it doesnt matter either way :)

For version number, right click on the exe and go to details - you'll see the version. It'll also prompt to update if needed.

I will add a version eventually to the UI, just not got round to it yet.

EDIT: Download this version again for testing, the overlay would not show transmission with previous one here Gizzy.

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I meant in the download name :P

Btw can sb. confirm PTT not working on Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I meant in the download name :P

Btw can sb. confirm PTT not working on Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick?

Ah dont get from the forum, they're for testing only. Always from here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Some Gazelle glitches...

VHF/AM volume knob is backward.

Radios turned off still hold their last frequency and can still transmit (according to the overlay at least, haven't tried it with another client). They don't update frequency changes until the radio is turned back on, however. Note that I tried this with a hot-started Gazelle.

By the way, is there a guard-monitor mode for any of the Gazelle radios either current or planned? The manual says that they're all very very classified, but I'd expect the Ch. OTAN selection on the FM and maybe the G selection on the UHF to have some significance there.

Also, the R-828 knob on the KA50 isn't changing the frequency for some reason. According to the overlay it's stuck on 21.5.

Edited by ScAvenger001

Yes yes Ciri, but the filename is still "DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.zip" instead of "DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-1.1.2.0.zip (or 1120.zip)" :P

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Some Gazelle glitches...

VHF/AM volume knob is backward.

Radios turned off still hold their last frequency and can still transmit (according to the overlay at least, haven't tried it with another client). They don't update frequency changes until the radio is turned back on, however. Note that I tried this with a hot-started Gazelle.

By the way, is there a guard-monitor mode for any of the Gazelle radios either current or planned? The manual says that they're all very very classified, but I'd expect the Ch. OTAN selection on the FM and maybe the G selection on the UHF to have some significance there.

Also, the R-828 knob on the KA50 isn't changing the frequency for some reason. According to the overlay it's stuck on 21.5.

The Volume knob is something in the cockpit model so unfortunately can't change.

Yes the power knob in the gazelle doesn't actually affect the radio, just the display. The SimpleRadio program just pulls the Frequency from the radio so I can't change that until the behaviour is changed in Game.

Guard model is planned but i haven't seen any documentation for the radios yet so not sure how I should program it.

The KA50 radio is interesting, you have to press the tune button shown in the attached screenshot :)

ka50tuner.thumb.JPG.e930227f1e025764f78f9b0a0c72a3fc.JPG

Wow, I never would have noticed that tune button without it being pointed out. Thanks.

The Gazelle's flight manual says that the FM radio in particular is so highly classified that its modelling in DCS is very basic (the keypad isn't even clickable), and I suspect most of the functionality for the UHF is in the same category. I'm hesitant to suggest that you just make something up for guard monitoring, but I also kind of doubt that there's any documentation to be found unless someone commits a crime for you.

Should the volume knob and the power switch issues be reported to Polychop or do they already know?

Also would be nice if the last used frequency is saved when exiting the program/server! :)

Hey just a heads up!

After flying the daily BF yesterday I had some issues with MI-8 - First of all the digits on the Simple Radio Overlay and the Radio it self do not match, ie. when you select 125.999AM in cockpit actually you are on 125.000AM in the Overlay(The R-863) not that big of a deal but I just want to mention it. Also without further testing I did not have the same channels as my flight with the R-828(Where you have knob selector) Since my buddy was in a Ka-50 I though it was because of that. But have not tested again. We both tuned in to channel 5 and I could see in the Overlay I ended up on 21,50FM and buddy was on 30.00FM iirc.

Last and most annoying: What ever I tried to set up as my 3rd radio-set button in SRstandaloneClient-settings it would only "activate" Radio 1 when I pushed any of the Radio/PTT button.

I will do more testing later today and see if I made any mistakes yesterday.. *I was tired and many people were on TS + we were trying to CAP vody so it was not the best testing ground :D

I have the latest client installed

I enjoy your SimpleRadio A LOT !

Edited by Tello

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey CB, just curious, what prevents the enemy from listening in on the other team's radio frequencies? Was curious since the BS team posted frequencies for each team to use.

Its a server side setting that filters audio thats sent based on your coalition. If you look in the logs for your client you'll see the data being synced which is player name and coalition extracted from DCS :)

Hey just a heads up!

After flying the daily BF yesterday I had some issues with MI-8 - First of all the digits on the Simple Radio Overlay and the Radio it self do not match, ie. when you select 125.999AM in cockpit actually you are on 125.000AM in the Overlay(The R-863) not that big of a deal but I just want to mention it. Also without further testing I did not have the same channels as my flight with the R-828(Where you have knob selector) Since my buddy was in a Ka-50 I though it was because of that. But have not tested again. We both tuned in to channel 5 and I could see in the Overlay I ended up on 21,50FM and buddy was on 30.00FM iirc.

Last and most annoying: What ever I tried to set up as my 3rd radio-set button in SRstandaloneClient-settings it would only "activate" Radio 1 when I pushed any of the Radio/PTT button.

I will do more testing later today and see if I made any mistakes yesterday.. *I was tired and many people were on TS + we were trying to CAP vody so it was not the best testing ground :D

In the Mi-8, its the same as the KA-50 in that on the R-828 you change channels and then press the tune button to actually tune the radio to the new set frequency, its not automatic as in other aircraft.

The Radio switch hotkeys will only switch radios in certain aircraft - FC3, A10C, Mirage & Gazelle. For the Mi-8 and other full fidelity you have to use the in-cockpit radio selectors, volume controls and frequency controls. If you watch the overview video in the first post I go through all the aircraft and show where all the controls are.

There is also more info here on frequencies:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

and specifically for BlueFlag we've modified some preset frequencies here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit#gid=0

The 125.999 will be a rounding error when it tries to display on the overlay, I'll have a look but I'm not too worried as go with whats shown in the cockpit as that'll actually be correct (assuming you tuned! :P )

Just curious, you need to press the tune button to do what?

See above :)

mi8-tuner.thumb.JPG.88a392dc946c1d924083f676a6230a99.JPG

Its a server side setting that filters audio thats sent based on your coalition. If you look in the logs for your client you'll see the data being synced which is player name and coalition extracted from DCS :)

Ah, that makes sense then. Part of me was hoping for us having to use the radio encryption and being secretive about what radios we are on as an extra layer to blueflag (trying to listen in on the enemy)... but I guess you run into limitations of each aircraft's radios and people "hacking" something sent to their PC to receive the encrypted audio.

Anyway, thanks for all you are doing Ciribob, this should make the next blueflag a lot of fun.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Ah, that makes sense then. Part of me was hoping for us having to use the radio encryption and being secretive about what radios we are on as an extra layer to blueflag (trying to listen in on the enemy)... but I guess you run into limitations of each aircraft's radios and people "hacking" something sent to their PC to receive the encrypted audio.

Anyway, thanks for all you are doing Ciribob, this should make the next blueflag a lot of fun.

If it goes well in the next round that's what we're hoping to do. Use the buddyspike forums and setup secret frequencies. Then you can try jamming, encryption and spying :)

Ok I make sure to have another view at your video.. I am very disappointed that my teachers BodyOrgan & NACH did not tell me this ;)

Thank you again Ciribob for fantastic team/Buddyspike spirit! o7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[quote=Ciribob;2848702

and specifically for BlueFlag we've modified some preset frequencies here:

http:// https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit#gid=0

A bit confused about reds freqs here, Mi8 is not on Trans comms and MiGs can't tune in? Is the Mi8 lacking a FM radio? if so why not switch to am?

edit: nvm just saw the change :)

Edited by ApoNOOB

Seems i'm still having issues setting the hot keys for the radio select

About 4 updates ago i was able to use my mode selector on my x56 to set all 3 radios, now it will only pick up 2 of the keys to set (hotkey 14 and 15)

id4oao.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For some reason it is very hard to change frequency from in MiG-29S to the GCI frequency... the buttons react veeery delayed/unresponsive and sometimes skip few digits.

Tested on our squad and is a wonderful piece of software. In my oppinion this is a game changer for DCS.

Thanks a lot to all of you involved in Simple Radio.

One question.

It´s possible to have the Pop-Hide Overlay function in the control panel, to activate or deactive the Overlay Panel with a HOTAS or Keyboard button?

This is the only problem i have with the software. Anytime i´m flying a FC3 module and i want to change a radio frequency i must Alt+Tab first, click over the Overlay to show it on the screen, change the frequencies and then minimize it again and it´s a little difficult to do that when you are flying.

Thanks again for this fantastic program.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Seems i'm still having issues setting the hot keys for the radio select

About 4 updates ago i was able to use my mode selector on my x56 to set all 3 radios, now it will only pick up 2 of the keys to set (hotkey 14 and 15)

id4oao.png

Can you post your profile? I've borrowed an X56 but I managed to get all the buttons to register as hotkeys by setting them as keyboard inputs. Not sure how to configure the program though so attached is a screenshot of my poor attempt.

For some reason it is very hard to change frequency from in MiG-29S to the GCI frequency... the buttons react veeery delayed/unresponsive and sometimes skip few digits.

I'll take a look but they seem OK for me.

Tested on our squad and is a wonderful piece of software. In my oppinion this is a game changer for DCS.

Thanks a lot to all of you involved in Simple Radio.

One question.

It´s possible to have the Pop-Hide Overlay function in the control panel, to activate or deactive the Overlay Panel with a HOTAS or Keyboard button?

This is the only problem i have with the software. Anytime i´m flying a FC3 module and i want to change a radio frequency i must Alt+Tab first, click over the Overlay to show it on the screen, change the frequencies and then minimize it again and it´s a little difficult to do that when you are flying.

Thanks again for this fantastic program.

No worries, glad you like it!

The overlay should appear over DCS as long as you've not got DCS set to fullscreen exclusive?

Having a show hide hotkey is a good idea though and I'll definitely add that to the list :)

x56.thumb.JPG.6c4345176ba0feab78b17e39580b18ca.JPG

Hey just a heads up!

Tello, first you need to get the updated Mi-8 English cockpit as it has a fix for the ingame radio not displaying the correct frequency. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2840400&postcount=435

Second, you needed to tune your radio by pressing the AGC (automatic gain control) button after selecting the channel. Simply selecting the channel doesn't change the frequency. See slide 10: http://www.slideshare.net/Strut1/229th-ahb-mi8-ka50-radio-systems-47959450

Ok I make sure to have another view at your video.. I am very disappointed that my teachers BodyOrgan & NACH did not tell me this wink.gif

Thank you again Ciribob for fantastic team/Buddyspike spirit! o7

I tried to, but I think you were too tired at the time. I'm just happy you landed that troop transport at Vody. ;)

The 125.999 will be a rounding error when it tries to display on the overlay, I'll have a look but I'm not too worried as go with whats shown in the cockpit as that'll actually be correct (assuming you tuned! :P )

See above :)

Pretty sure this rounding error is an error with the cockpit, and not your program. See my first point to Tello above.

Edited by BodyOrgan