Any noobs want to Multi-play just for fun?

Husko

I live on the Westcoast too. However it took me 5 run-throughs on the cold start procedure before I figured out how to get the engines even started. Tried to take notes on the last couple sessions (narrator talks too fast, lol). Finally got some semblance of operation, then did the taxi training (didn't know the brakes were on, among a whole bunch of other little details when I tried to taxi before doing the "lessons") and hover training. Had to reset my joystick so the collective would work, too, ha ha. At any rate, I'd be interested in trying MP. Maybe we could play follow the leader?

I'm in for an official noob pilot online gathering today :D. Eastern TZ here also.

I still suck, but I've got startup, weapon systems, and reasonably controlled flight/landing down, and could perhaps offer a little assistance to those who need it.

How about this afternoon at 6pm eastern (3pm pacific). I'll could try and setup a no threat mission with a few static targets, perhaps a couple of boats to practice landing, etc.

If you have a mic, Teamspeak might be worth checking out. Flying and typing can be a pain!

Edited by VikVaughan

ASUS G74, Core i7-2670QM, 12GB DDR3, Geforce GTX 560M 3GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

VV

what IM client do you guys use?

Does anyone use Xfire, AIM, yahoo messenger, or even facebook, etc?

i have notice that these things keeps people more in touch..

it would be great if everyone was on one of these so we can know whose on line so we can get games going, instead of posting on the forum and waiting for replies...

my xfire is hannibal636

come on..i know there are many on the US East Coast, like me!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Awesome, look forward to seeing everyone later. Hannibal, I have MSN on my computer, but only use it once in a blue moon. I`m not certain about teamspeak, but I could attempt to host it as well. I`m not too familiar with the program (just got it), and not sure if it migth effect performance while also hosting the game. If anyone more familiar could do it, that would be great. If not, I`ll give it a shot. Post and let me know.

ASUS G74, Core i7-2670QM, 12GB DDR3, Geforce GTX 560M 3GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato

VV

I'm in - 3:00 pacific time. I have teamspeak, though I haven't used it in a year or so, I'll see if there's a more current version. If one of you guys are willing to host, post here details for teamspeak settings, game (sorry, SIMULATOR - cough!) IP host details. I don't have facebook, yahoo or any of those other things, sorry. This forum would be my only source of info.

edit: sorry - I guess I do have messenger, but haven't used it (not much of a socializer, lol)

Edited by CrazyD

Teamspeak has been successfully set up! :D

I`ve also made a mission with nice weather, some static targets, an aircraft carrier, and some ground traffic. Some helis will start cold, but you will also have the option to start in the air. I`ll list it so it shows up when you browse for games in the BS multiplayer client. TS details will be in the game description.

For those not familiar/that don`t have Teamspeak, go to http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads , download the latest client (first link), and install it. To use, just enter the IP provided (in game) into quick connect and your good to go. You can also set up a push to talk button in the software`s options. Alternatively, to talk via text in BS multiplayer, press the ~ key.

Hope it all works. See you then.

Edited by VikVaughan

VV

VV works :)

To connect: Run the `DCS Black Shark multiplayer` program (there should be a shortcut to it on your desktop next to the normal Black Shark game, or if not, look in the BS install folder). Once its running, click on `client`.

At the top of the new screen that opens, select `internet` as the source from the dropdown menu. Then click refresh at the bottom. The game should show up in the list as `Vik`s beginner practice` or something to that effect. Select it, join, and then chose any empty slot in the flight list (will be on the blue side in my mission). Then hit Fly.

If you can`t find it, I will send an IP (don`t want to post it publicly here) and you can join by IP at the same screen you clicked refresh at previously.

VV

Not yet, I think I`ll give it a test run now though. Feel free to attempt joining.

Edit: It works! But I can`t seem to alt-tab out without it hanging. Looks like once I`m in, I`m in. As such I won`t start it until just before 6.

Edited by VikVaughan

VV

It shouldn`t effect you hopefully, I actually just managed to resolve the issue for myself. Try joining.

VV

Looks like things have been postponed due to technical difficulties :( . If anyone`s reading, stay in touch and maybe we can have another go later.

VV

Make sure you allow port 10308 to be passed from your router to the PC on which you have the server running.

You may have something like 'Virtual servers' listed on your router to do this.

You'll need to do the same thing for your Team Speak port too

router.thumb.jpg.26ad7f9971120cb71ea98e4280797970.jpg

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]