[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Ecm

JRM

Hi

Does anyone know if the ecm is already deployed, I always turn the ecm on xmit and nothing happens, the locks doesn't broke and the enemy radars keep the track on me as usual.

I think I'm doing things well (turn on early warning radar, set ecm left panel to auto and ecm to xmit) do I'm missing something?

ECM is non functional on the hornet.

On the plus side, it doesn't effect you either!

Stay on the sunny side, always on the sunny side of life!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Any idea of when is going to be functional?

No ETA on that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I find it difficult to play in realistic modern scenarios without ECM. I’m sure it’s incredibly difficult to simulate, but no one is attacking a target defended with modern AD systems (like S-300) without EW. Otherwise, you can’t get close enough to the site. At least aircraft-born systems help; but if ED COULD do it, I would love to have an EA-18g or something similar to assist in SEAD

but if ED COULD do it, I would love to have an EA-18g or something similar to assist in SEAD

Working aircraft like the Growler or Prowler into DCS in any meaningful way would require a massive overhaul of the very simplified way that DCS models EW. Maybe that'll be the case someday, but it's very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

The E/A-18G is also far too modern of a jet for DCS, it'd look pretty silly in a carrier air wing with F/A-18Cs and F-14Bs. An E/A-6B would be a much better fit for the world if ED introduced it as an AI aircraft with an overhauled EW system.