Orange flood lights for the CVN-74 deck @ night

Falkaroth

Is that a good idea ?

I like it + the Cvn-74 need normal maps for the deck !

cheers

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

Now we have a new carrier in WIP and i hope ! Ed make this real.

We will see.

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

I feel like it's unrealistic for the carrier to be all lit up like that while in theater, and especially while recovering aircraft. I'm open to correction by those with real world experience of course.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

These days there are so many sensors that would see the carrier long before the lights are visible. They probably close the hangar doors and use minimal lighting but by the time anything is close enough to see the lights on the carrier, they'd have seen it on radar, or picked up the RWR contact. If they need to go stealth (for some semblance of stealth), I'm sure they turn the lights off. It would certainly make night ops easier especially since I'm sure planes don't keep their landing lights on while taxiing blinding the deck crew constantly.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Please ¡¡¡¡

Add sparkles to the hook when catching the wire.

PLEASE ¡¡¡

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

+1

sparks !!!

Spaaarks , i think we need it =)

-Painter- has copy a link.

U can really see the sparks ! with no exposure time.

It is heavy metal.

Ha Ha

my eng is not so good but !.

Why not ? most of the carrier landings @ night or (day) has sparks.

-Painter- has copy a link.

U can really see the sparks ! with no exposure time.

It is heavy metal.

sorry, offtopic. What are these vapor trails from the vertical stabilizer on the first takeoff shot?

fuel dump?!

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

sorry, offtopic. What are these vapor trails from the vertical stabilizer on the first takeoff shot?

fuel dump?!

Fuel dump with afterburner !?. Maybe humidity...or fuel ?

I am not sure...

Here is a picture.

Edited by Falkaroth
screenshot

That picture has a longer exposure time, that why it shows so bright. But also so beautiful.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Navy_Seaman_Cassey_Williams_stands_port_watch_at_night_aboard_the_aircraft_carrier_USS_Nimitz_(CVN_68)_in_the_Pacific_Ocean_April_24,_2013_130424-N-ZG290-029.jpg

The Spot lights on the Island are clearly visible. We want these too ;)

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:U.S._Navy_Seaman_Cassey_Williams_stands_port_watch_at_night_aboard_the_aircraft_carrier_USS_Nimitz_(CVN_68)_in_the_Pacific_Ocean_April_24,_2013_130424-N-ZG290-029.jpg

That's also not during flight ops. They turn the lights up Abit when the flight schedule is over. But

That's also not during flight ops. They turn the lights up Abit when the flight schedule is over. But

Maybe. We will have to find a middle way, unless, like in XP11 you can have the lights on the carrier pilot controlled for the sake of the simulation.

I rather vote for keeping the lights on.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Nice Picture and not unrealistic !!!.

Ed must programming the Carrier =).

We had a carrier since 2003 in Lomac with.. nothing ! we have 2018.

The carrier need that.

Also the sparks day & night.

Deck crew & landing signal officer, and a better optical landing system.

Greetings Falk

Nice Picture and not unrealistic !!!.

Ed must programming the Carrier =).

We had a carrier since 2003 in Lomac with.. nothing ! we have 2018.

The carrier need that.

Also the sparks day & night.

Deck crew & landing signal officer, and a better optical landing system.

Greetings Falk

You are describing paid addon module here man

Steam Index, i7 8700K, 32Gb, GTX 1070Ti, NVMe.

Hotas Warthog, Virpil, RX Vipers

Real life comparison. Very little lighting on deck. I’d prefer realism instead of handicaps to make it easy. If night landings are too hard, stick to the daylight. I’m able to consistently grab 3 wires in VR at night without the ICLS needles yet. It’s very doable with extensive practice during daytime.

g5zgJFYFIRg