[REPORTED] Force Feedback and Autopilot

Razi

Hello

I've recently purchased a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick and really like it, especially the WW2 birds! I enjoy flying the Su-25T quite a lot, but I have one significant issue since making the switch to this joystick.

The autopilot doesn't seem to play nice with it. Trim works good (with the axis swapped), but when autopilot is engaged the joystick centers itself and does not move with the flight stick. This results in a large and rapid joystick movement when I disengage the autopilot as it quickly tries to move to the current flight stick position.

I use the autopilot override extensively with the Su-25T, especially using Attitude Hold in combination with the override during attack runs. So this jarring movement of the joystick makes using the override almost impossible.

With my previous joystick, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, the autopilot override worked great, but because the joystick didn't move!

Have I missed something in the configuration of the joystick or is there a known fix for this?

Thanks for the help!

@toutenglisse Thanks. I don't have FC3 so I was wondering if this was a problem with all simplified aircraft or not.

Considering the age of the Su-25T in ED's timeline, I was caught off guard with this kind of bug.

Guess I'm out of luck with the Su-25T? A real bummer as I was very much looking forward to flying it with the MSFFB 2.

Hopefully this gets acknowledged and addressed at some point. I really do enjoy the Su-25T and my fingers are crossed that this isn't a massive rewrite that would be difficult to justify, especially considering the Su-27/33 seem to work.

I'll try to post a video soon documenting the issue (if nothing else to keep the hope/thread alive for a bit..)

• 1 month later...

Still holding out for this! Maybe it is futile to wait, but I enjoy flying the Su-25T, even more now with the FFB stick.

I have yet to make it all the way through the campaign without issues, I remember there was someone who updated many of the missions fixing many of the bugs. Hopefully they still work for 2.5. I think they also worked out some of the problems with the single missions too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Might not be the right place, but have a friend just got FC3 and is having trouble getting the Autopilot to remain on with his MS force feedback stick.

The checkbox in the settings is checked.

The autopilot appears to set ok but the force feedback moves the stick triggering the AP to shut off.

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

• 4 weeks later...

It is bugged still.

I just got into VR and the Su-25T is amazing! So much fun to fly for some reason.

Having a FFB stick really adds to this aircraft (along with the P-51D!) and is such a nice addition to VR. It would be amazing to see the Su-25T autopilot modes work properly like the Su-27 currently does!