[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Wings isn't for DCS, you want to use Simshaker for Aviators (free) and the Sound Module (paid).

THX very much!

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Hi

I'm about to wire up my 4 shakers, would you recommend stereo or mono, I'll be adding a jetseat in 11 weeks.

Cheers Andrew

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi,

depends on which way you wire them up. As they say “God is in the details."

I guess I would rather recommend 5.1 pattern.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is the "Seat Handler" "vibration level" supposed to affect DCS effects, as I had the feeling that there was no difference between min and max setting?

I am using SSA with Jetseat in USB mode. I can change the strength of individual effects, but should it also be possible to control gain for all effects?

Edit: now that I read user guide, I suspect the gain control is to be used in Jetseat control panel application. Haven't tested yet though.

Edited by Unclezam

I am new to this kind of software. So, a couple of basic questions.

Is the "SimShaker Sound Module" a requirement to make "SimShaker for Aviators" work properly? I don't understand how they interact.

Also, will this software work if just connected to a subwoofer speaker instead of a ButtKicker transducer?

SimShaker for Aviators will work by itself if you're using a vibrating seat pad like the jetseat. If you want to use it with an audio transducer, you will need the sound module as well.

Put simply, Simshaker for Aviators interfaces with DCS. It reads the output from the simulator (not audio but actual aircraft information like engine speed, flaps position, AoA, g-force, etc), and generates a vibration effect. The Sound Module reads information broadcast by Simshaker for Aviators, translates the effect to a corresponding sound file and plays it back the to the audio output of your choice, which is converted to vibration by an audio transducer.

A subwoofer won't really work because the effect is intended to be felt not heard.

Is the "Seat Handler" "vibration level" supposed to affect DCS effects, as I had the feeling that there was no difference between min and max setting?

I'm afraid it doesn't work properly and actually changes nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I'm having problems getting bass shakers working in dcs.

I have Sim shaker Wings and the bass shaker add on.

Just to clarify to see what I'm doing wrong.

1. Click desktop icon to start sim shaker launcher
  2. click manual start (have checked auto start but no difference)
  3. SSH Wings general settings. Bass shaker checked. Test works, I feel vibration..
  4. DCS starts but no SSW vibration and I'm not sure it's connected to DCS
  5. Firewall enabled
  6. I'm using a USB sound card, is dcs exporting to this?
  7. Do I need to add DCS startup to anything?

Cheers

Andrew

427014611_Generalsettings.thumb.jpg.b75c1da5889678514e12693f0a63cb52.jpg

2048106915_launchersimshakerwings.jpg.1237b1005edba7f37ea740db93c81eee.jpg

Edited by Andrew u.k.
Missing info

SimShaker for Aviators will work by itself if you're using a vibrating seat pad like the jetseat. If you want to use it with an audio transducer, you will need the sound module as well.

Put simply, Simshaker for Aviators interfaces with DCS. It reads the output from the simulator (not audio but actual aircraft information like engine speed, flaps position, AoA, g-force, etc), and generates a vibration effect. The Sound Module reads information broadcast by Simshaker for Aviators, translates the effect to a corresponding sound file and plays it back the to the audio output of your choice, which is converted to vibration by an audio transducer.

A subwoofer won't really work because the effect is intended to be felt not heard.

Excellent explanation. Thank you.

One more question. It sounds like a second sound card is needed for the best operation of the software. Will the small USB sound cards (about $8 or $9) be sufficient to connect to the ButtKicker systems that include the transducer & power amp?

Excellent explanation. Thank you.

One more question. It sounds like a second sound card is needed for the best operation of the software. Will the small USB sound cards (about $8 or $9) be sufficient to connect to the ButtKicker systems that include the transducer & power amp?

It will work fine you can select any audio device as the output device in the sound module.

I thought I had read that folks using a 5.1 sound system on a motherboard integrated sound processor were having problems when they put a splitter cable on the subwoofer output to drive both the computer speakers and the transducer. Seems like the recommendation was to use a second sound card to isolate the SimShaker signal from the computer speakers that were being driven from the motherboard sound processor.

Has that limitation been overcome, i.e., do we still need the second sound card?

Simshaker Wings is for every flight sim except DCS and Falcon BMS.

Falcon BMS and DCS uses Simshaker for Aviators.

http://simshaker.azurewebsites.net/downloads/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators_release_clickonce_setup.zip

Cheers for that.

It just goes to show that you should always read through the documentation.

I basically installed all of the wrong stuff.

Aviators for dcs and the correct sound module is needed.

I had a bit of help from Andre which was pretty nice, seeing as it's the weekend and new codes all sorted.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Simshaker Wings is for every flight sim except DCS and Falcon BMS.

Falcon BMS and DCS uses Simshaker for Aviators.

http://simshaker.azurewebsites.net/downloads/SimShaker%20for%20Aviators_release_clickonce_setup.zip

I'm not quite agree regarding Falcon BMS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, you're correct I misread the support for BMS in Aviators.

Aviators supported titles: DCS World, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Prepar3D, X-Plane11

Wings supported titles: Falcon BMS, War Thunder (both 64 and 32 bit clients), AeroFly FS 2, IL-2 Great Battles

Can I see your export.lua? Can I see the SSA log? Are you using other 3rd-party plugins?

here is my lua

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.

-- Copyright © 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.

-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info

-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)

-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.

-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder

-- and in the installation folder of the DCS.

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.

-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

And I think this is the SSA log you were asking for

11:21:49.721 SimShaker for Aviators Version 1.3.9.1

11:21:49.723 ********** DCS World Open Beta version folder found in Saved Games **********

11:21:49.727 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

11:21:49.729 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.733 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.735 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.737 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.738 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.740 local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua') call found in C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

11:21:49.741 local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

11:21:49.741 dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

11:21:49.743 ********** Custom DCS World configuration found **********

11:21:49.744 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

11:21:49.748 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.749 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.750 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.750 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.751 DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

11:21:49.752 local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua') call found in C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

11:21:49.752 local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

11:21:49.753 dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\Jack\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

Edited by chief

Hi guys, been using SSA beta for ages and wanted to prompt a question.

Past month or two I have been tying to track down the cause of very long pauses (nearly 30-60 second freezes) in DCS beta. In between the pauses DCS runs great. When these pauses occur, task manager intermittently shows DCS not responding with little CPU activity. If I wait long enough though DCS will return after quite some time. I thought this was likely a V problem I was having but I recently tested it and it happens when playing on my monitor too.

I did notice in task manager though that SSA was using nearly 30% of my CPU and RAM. That doesn't seem correct does it?

any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks, jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

here is my lua

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.

-- Copyright © 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.

-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info

-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)

-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.

-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder

-- and in the installation folder of the DCS.

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.

-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')

local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Tech\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

A lot of stuff in there. For a first test, could you please rename/move your export.lua. SSA will create a new one with it's entries only. And then test again. If it works, add one plugin after another and retest always...

Hi guys, been using SSA beta for ages and wanted to prompt a question.

Past month or two I have been tying to track down the cause of very long pauses (nearly 30-60 second freezes) in DCS beta. In between the pauses DCS runs great. When these pauses occur, task manager intermittently shows DCS not responding with little CPU activity. If I wait long enough though DCS will return after quite some time. I thought this was likely a V problem I was having but I recently tested it and it happens when playing on my monitor too.

I did notice in task manager though that SSA was using nearly 30% of my CPU and RAM. That doesn't seem correct does it?

any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks, jason

I observed this in some very rare situations as well mostly when DCS freezes and SSA waits for data. It then check continuously for new incoming data which DCS, due to freezing, does not send...

A lot of stuff in there. For a first test, could you please rename/move your export.lua. SSA will create a new one with it's entries only. And then test again. If it works, add one plugin after another and retest always...

Th f410. That seems to have worked. Big difference in the game now. Only problem I have now is there seems to be a low kind of beeping sound when I do things like move flaps, or canopy, etc. It a low beeping hum sound if that makes any sense. It definitely wasnt there before. Any ideas? thx