[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

17 hours ago, raptorman0 said:

Hello, want to purchase but so far cannot select my buttkicker in settings. Have had my setup working with sim vibe in the past so know separate sound card works. Can anyone advise
Thanks

What do you want to purchase? SSA is free...
Andre's SoundModule addon is payware... Did you install the testversion of the SoundModule?

Unfortunately SimShaker for aviators stopped working suddenly. When I start SimShaker for aviators (beta or stable), it suddenly generates a .NET Framework error message about an access viaolation to a socket:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzulässig
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   bei System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient..ctor(Int32 port, AddressFamily family)
   bei SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.XPlaneDataProvider..ctor(CallBackOnAircraftChange callBackOnAircraftChange, Action callbackPlayEffects, Action callbackStopEffects)
   bei SimShaker.Core.MasterManager..ctor(MainForm link)
   bei SimShaker.UI.MainForm..ctor()
   bei SimShaker.UI.AutoStarterForm.startSimShakerForDCSWorldToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib

It used to work flawlessly and stopped suddenly. No reboot / reinstall of the software helped...

Edited by cptsolo

Little help!!! Somehow my SSA stopped working and my SSM had lost its activation code. I was able to re-activate SSM without issue. However, I had to completely re-install SSA for it to work. That means I lost all my aircraft settings data. I made a backup before I re-installed. Is there a file I can copy over to replace my lost settings in SSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi, Just got my buttkicker, and of course the simshaker for aviatiors and sound module addon.  Everything works great, and is generally pretty brilliant, but for the life of me I can't feel "Cannon/Gun Fire" in the A10c (I and/or II) feeling the firing of that gun is important for obvious reasons. 

things I've tried:

I've double checked it's "enabled" and set the volume as high as 100, and I still can't feel it.

I even turned engine rumble/piston beat and g-feeling effect to nothing, but I can't make out the slightest vibration when firing the gau-8.  I can even feel the slight pulse when releasing a chicken-shit M-151....I can feel the bumps in runway, gear down/up locks etc, all great, but no gun.

If i go into test outside of the game, and select the a10a or a10c cannon gun, and play the test file, i can feel vibrations then.

if anyone has any ideas - would be a great help.

thanks

49 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Hi, Just got my buttkicker, and of course the simshaker for aviatiors and sound module addon.  Everything works great, and is generally pretty brilliant, but for the life of me I can't feel "Cannon/Gun Fire" in the A10c (I and/or II) feeling the firing of that gun is important for obvious reasons. 

things I've tried:

I've double checked it's "enabled" and set the volume as high as 100, and I still can't feel it.

I even turned engine rumble/piston beat and g-feeling effect to nothing, but I can't make out the slightest vibration when firing the gau-8.  I can even feel the slight pulse when releasing a chicken-shit M-151....I can feel the bumps in runway, gear down/up locks etc, all great, but no gun.

If i go into test outside of the game, and select the a10a or a10c cannon gun, and play the test file, i can feel vibrations then.

if anyone has any ideas - would be a great help.

thanks

do you have unlimited ammo setting on?

• Like 2

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I do... thanks for pointing that out - I think i remember reading somewhere now, that it won't work like that correct?  going to give it a try now.

thanks again!

update: tested and works.

Edited by oakdown
to add update
  • Like 3

Could Huey users share their settings? I feel I´m missing something.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

3 minutes ago, drack said:

Hi Folks,

I've completely lost the use of my Jetseat since updating to the latest Win 10 and cant fix the 'Fatal' in the log file.

Log file attached.

Please can anybody help:)

log.log 2.21 MB · 0 downloads FirmwareLoader.log 198 B · 0 downloads

I've checked the FirmwareLoader.log. It looks fine.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your help man.

Even thought the Firmwareloader.log looks ok when I use the Gametrix control panel I get no vibration?

The gametrix panel in SSA says the seat is connected and 'OK'.

The 'fatal' appears in the SSA log file...attached.

Hope your well.

SSAlog.log

Edited by drack

Hey guys,

I am currently using the Simshaker jetpad from Andre (Gametrix) in conjunction with simshaker for aviators. I recetnly saw that when i fly a modded plane in dcs (the f22 mod for the f15) that sim shakers for aviators does not recognize the plane and therefore does not work. I wanted to ask whioch part of the code from the f15 is used for the data transmission to ssa and if i can modify teh f22 files so that it will work with SSA.

WHen i tried today i got a pop up message which said that the values submitted for the f22 mod outreach the ones set for the f15 therefore SSA got an error is it possible for me to tweak those border values for the f15 so thtat the f22 does not produce an error?

Kind regards

Richard

Edited by Shintaro

2 hours ago, drack said:

Even thought the Firmwareloader.log looks ok when I use the Gametrix control panel I get no vibration?

SSAlog.log 2.21 MB · 0 downloads

What do you mean here? What kind of control panel usage?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The control panel test and massage programs in the Gametrix file....neither produce vibration.

When you start SSA two boxes appear.....the one with the picture of the seat says the seat is connected and 'OK'.

Simshaker wings has stopped working as well.

Is there a log file produced I can attach for SSW somewhere?

Are you able to tell anything from the SSA log file I have attached?

Thanks Andre.

6 minutes ago, drack said:

The control panel test and massage programs in the Gametrix file....neither produce vibration.

When you start SSA two boxes appear.....the one with the picture of the seat says the seat is connected and 'OK'.

Simshaker wings has stopped working as well.

Is there a log file produced I can attach for SSW somewhere?

Are you able to tell anything from the SSA log file I have attached?

Thanks Andre.

I'm not a guy who develops SimShaker for Aviators.

If there is no vibration at all in any way, there may be something wrong inside the pad. Like a broken wire, for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its not a hardware problem, although Ive had that before a few times, Ive tested the seat on my separate desktop.

I know that you dont do SSA but you do do SSW.

Is there a log file in SSW I can check or do I need to open a new thread at IL2 forums?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, drack said:

Its not a hardware problem, although Ive had that before a few times, Ive tested the seat on my separate desktop.

Is there a log file in SSW I can check or do I need to open a new thread at IL2 forums?

Thanks.

No, there is no such a file in SimShaker Wings. You can see the JetPad connection status in the main window header.

If you want to see the log records, please enable Verbose Logging feature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seat arrived in 4 days from Russia to UK so very impressed. Was pretty easy to set up - 15 mins - and following the posts here and a few youtube videos having the settings working well.

A nice addition to flying in VR and helps keep your head up as you feel when things are happening without always having to look.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, drack said:

Thanks.

If you get no neither SSA, SSW or the gametrix app, I assume that something is blocking... Did you try another usb port?

Hi f410

Yeah tried another port.

I now cant get it to work on my desktop either.

As a last ditched attempt I'm doing a clean install of windows. If it wont work on that I think the seat has packed up.

Will have to order a new one if that dosnt work:(

I have an odd one: Flaps Movement and Landing Gear Up/Down are playing in BOTH my headphones and effect channel -- These are the only 2 effects that do this. 

For instance, when I put the gear down (Hornet in this case) I get a loud "bang" in my headphones (kinda like the the startup effect "bang") and then when the gear have traveled completely I get the gear "feel" and the audio in my ears, both at the same time. Same with Flap Travel. No other effects do this -- they are felt and not heard (not played in my headphones), normally.

I have two jacks, one for headphones and one for SSM/SSA.

Have reset via: Service | Reset Settings Database and DCS Repair Export.

I had modified the G-feel and Stall sound files but no others, and have since removed these mods in an effort to eliminate variables.

Reinstall SSA? Is that the next step. It's very strange.

SSA works overall really well. Love it. It has for a long while and a great addition.

Thanks,

JR

Edited by jross194

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

The seat does not use sound files. It should be connected via USB! If you use the sound module for a bass shaker, then you need to select the correct (separate) sound card. Otherwise you will hear effects...

Edited by f4l0

Does SSA work with Mi8 helicopter? it doesn´t show on the list, so I guess I will have to adjust generic effects

12 hours ago, f4l0 said:

The seat does not use sound files. It should be connected via USB! If you use the sound module for a bass shaker, then you need to select the correct (separate) sound card. Otherwise you will hear effects...

[EDIT] Ok, never figured it out. My sound driver(s) did something 'strange' a month or so ago (and that's when the issue came up) and It seems the issue is buried somewhere in there. So, I went back to a different (third) sound card and all is well again. I'll leave this here for posterity. Thanks again.

Thank you for the reply. Using a Bass Shaker.

SS Sound Module has the correct sound card selected. The odd part is that, in my case, 2 sounds are heard - and felt, but only 2; the landing gear and flap travel are going out to both jacks - all others work normally.  Reinstall SSA didn't help. 

In SS Sound Module | Select the dedicated Sound Card = Rear Speaker

In Windows audio output = Top Speaker (headphones plugged in here)

Flap Travel -> Rear Speaker and Top Speaker

Landing Gear -> Rear Speaker and Top Speaker

Every other effect (checked in SSA) -> Rear speaker

Seems somewhere in the process it is sending output to both jacks, but only for these 2 effects, Landing Gear (felt and hear a loud bang) and Flap Travel (felt and hear a 'hum').

Very strange, at least to me.

Thanks again.

Edited by jross194

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators