New GME software

sedenion

I think this is due to the huge size of the file... but i don't know exactly why and where that crashes. I will add some safeguards to prevent "terminal" crash, the checksum will be incorrect (will be = 0), but the snapshot will be able to be completed without explosion.

I'm using JSGME and I also get "Stream Read Error" when trying to snapshot DCS 2.0.4

Perhaps this 'Nevada.surface5' file at 3.5 GB is too big for JSGME to snapshot....

EDIT**** OK, so I now think the above is correct. I just temporarily removed the 'Nevada.surface5' file and the snapshot completed without error.

With the snapshot complete and the Nevada file returned perhaps I can still install and uninstall mods as long I don't mod this huge Nevada.surface5 file?

Edited by chicomick
additional info

Intel Core i7-8086k@5Ghz / Asus PrimeZ370-A

32GB DDR4 3000Mhz Mem / GTX 1080 Ti / 500GB SSD Int M2 / Samsung U28E590 4k / Oculus Rift S

I think this is due to the huge size of the file... but i don't know exactly why and where that crashes. I will add some safeguards to prevent "terminal" crash, the checksum will be incorrect (will be = 0), but the snapshot will be able to be completed without explosion.

When do you think a new version may be available?

New release available, see first page. Tell me if problem occure again.

Sometimes I got crashes while building an archived mod. It didn't destroyed the archive, all was OK I just needed to restart OVGME so I didn't wanted to bother you. You think this issue with the snapshot was related?

Hello ,

About snapshot:I create a DCS snapshot, but I dont know where it is ?

thanks for helping me.

Must be located in C:\Program Data\OVGME\Profile(Config)

But you should use the function "Compare" which becomes active after doing the snapshot.

edit:

Here it is. But it's a dat file so I don't think you can "read" it

t5oriiH.jpg

and the compare option/function

gEqvVOn.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yes. One snapshot is done per profile/config.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

When I try to download your software (v1.6.6 Setup for 64 bits version) avast block the dowload and tell me there is a malware in the file.

Could you please check ?

What malware ? Name, signature, version ? ... try with another antivirus, Avast is the champion of false positives...

Edited by sedenion

That's weird, I try multiple time and every time avast refuse to download and made a warning message about a "FileRepMalware"

This is a false positive... FileRepMalware is similar to DomainRep alert. All these alert are based on some "reputation" (this is what Rep stands for) according some a priori rules. The generale true rule is : "The editor of this software not paid our compagny to have a full audit of its software, so we let it at a low reputation power, because we need money" (i sumarize you the business model)

My advice: Kill Avast, use another antivrus.

When I try to download your software (v1.6.6 Setup for 64 bits version) avast block the dowload and tell me there is a malware in the file.

Could you please check ?

Can you override Avast and save the file to your downloads folder?

If so, try uploading it to VirusTotal; it's a free online service using a whole bunch of AV engines, including AVAST I think.

If only one or two engines call it malware, chances are it's a false positive and you can probably go ahead and install it anyway. If many engines say it's malware, I would definitely not install it.

I installed OvGME about two weeks ago, no problems here. :thumbup:

If I kill avast I manage to download it, however if I make a scan of the dowloaded software avast still warn me about a menace being detected.

I guess I can kill avast to install it but I'm afraid of potential issue afterward with avast preventing the software to perform nominaly.

I guess I will pass for the moment.

Hello,

I have a question...since I have both versionof DCS World on my PC, should I install OvGME for each version ( basically two installs), or one Install can handle both Worlds ?

Thanks

You just need one install. You configure OvGME to see both versions. This is the big difference that sets this apart from JSGME.

You just need one install. You configure OvGME to see both versions. This is the big difference that sets this apart from JSGME.

As I recall it, technically speaking, JSGME also used only one installation, but required manual creation of shortcuts for each game, and each shortcut would stark like a seperate program.

Anyway, OvGME supports multiple profiles out of the box, which makes it easier to use. My favorite feature so far is that the mods directory doesn't need to be a subdirectory of the game dir, which freed up quite some valuable SSD space for me. :thumbup:

Hello,

I would add that you need only one stock of mods for all game ( zip mods preferably, make by OVGME ) and you also can doing snapshot before each update so you can find all modifications after the update.....:thumbup:

• Like 1