Top Gun Round 2 Tournament Results, Tacview Files and Tracks

Stuge

Fun 1v1 event and good BFM training guys. Thanks for the hosts for setting it up...

A couple of suggestions for making the scoring and perhaps the fights a little equalized given the big performance difference of the aircraft:

Given I was the only Flanker in the top 4, the F15 is certainly much more potent, obviously, thus the final scoring should be broken down into 2 categories, Best Flanker/ best F15 pilot, etc. (for SA points awarded - not the final gift prizes). Of course the overall winner receiving more bonus points regardless of aircraft.

Which also means, pilots should not be allowed to change aircraft once they have submitted their entry into the main draw! Actually I had no idea this was not the case... Once you take a bird, should stick to it, IMO.

As for equalizing the fight, 3 possible proposals:

1. Fuel calibration should be done not at seal level but at say 7-8,000m, because as it stands now, the F15 simply out-fuels the flanker in the vertical chase. All my SF rounds I had basically big fuel issues while being on his 6 for like 5-10 minutes and had to conserve by not going gate (its hard enough trying to keep up with the 15 going vertical already). F15 can into space :D

OR

2. Simply script a top deck of say 8,000 m for the fight forcing the ranges to stay close and avoiding the 10minute cat and mouse fuel chasing... it should still allow energy fights, just not the kosmonaut training flights.

OR

3. Add two SR missiles for all aircraft types for more realistic type BFM scenarios (though I reckon flanker would be a tad more dominant here given the ACS override - as in the real world scenario assuming both planes get into the merge)

Looking forward to 2v2s and more BFM events to come.

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Stuge has just won the 2015 Top Gun 1v1 title in an emphatic fashion, without dropping a single round throughout the competition!

Do not be mistaken, the competition was fierce but Stuge has been in a class of his own, always able to step it up in key moments.

On behalf of the whole organizing team, congrats Stuge on a well earned victory.

Congrats every single pilot who flew in Top Gun 2 on your fighting skills, sportsmanship and the great time we had meeting you on TeamSpeak.

I take my hat off to Mr Dutch_Baron, Mr SkyCap, Mr OverG and Mr Riptide for an outstanding organization, hosting and refereeing of the matches.

It's not over yet as tomorrow is expected to sound even louder on the runways for the last day of the 2v2 competition; we are looking forward to some exciting matches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Breakshot:

Thank you for your input, we will consider for next time.

Regarding the scoring and rankings we had not intended to split it by aircraft, thus the only classification will be 1v1 and 2v2. We had had long discussions about whether we should run two competitions one for the Flanker and one for the Eagle before coming to the conclusion that it would be more practical to keep them mixed in the same draw while allowing the pilots to freely pick their ride for every match (not round).

With that being said, we believe each jet has its own strengths and it's up to the pilot to try to draw the fight where own jet behaves the best.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Stuge has just won the 2015 Top Gun 1v1 title in an emphatic fashion, without dropping a single round throughout the competition!

Do not be mistaken, the competition was fierce but Stuge has been in a class of his own, always able to step it up in key moments.

On behalf of the whole organizing team, congrats Stuge on a well earned victory.

Congrats every single pilot who flew in Top Gun 2 on your fighting skills, sportsmanship and the great time we had meeting you on TeamSpeak.

I take my hat off to Mr Dutch_Baron, Mr SkyCap, Mr OverG and Mr Riptide for an outstanding organization, hosting and refereeing of the matches.

It's not over yet as tomorrow is expected to sound even louder on the runways for the last day of the 2v2 competition; we are looking forward to some exciting matches.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Breakshot:

Thank you for your input, we will consider for next time.

Regarding the scoring and rankings we had not intended to split it by aircraft, thus the only classification will be 1v1 and 2v2. We had had long discussions about whether we should run two competitions one for the Flanker and one for the Eagle before coming to the conclusion that it would be more practical to keep them mixed in the same draw while allowing the pilots to freely pick their ride for every match (not round).

With that being said, we believe each jet has its own strengths and it's up to the pilot to try to draw the fight where own jet behaves the best.

Of course they each have their strengths. But when you box, there is a ring... not a football field, if you get my analogy. There should be no situation whereby some one should just run circles around and out fuel the other guy without really taking the fight.

Clearly at the hands of any good F15 guns pilot, with the current rules, the flanker has little chance as the 15 doesn't even need to commit to the fight and stay out of range all the way until the other guy is out of fuel, or has to start saving thus unable to keep up. This is different as to something like hammerhead, corkscrew or other vertical tactics you see in Mig 15, Sabre and WW2. This is not really BFM, IMO but rather a sort of intentional cat and mouse fuel game, Flanker simply can't win.

You should at the very least review the fuel load for the next one.

Sent from mobile Android via Tapatalk

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Good stuff!

Though some feedback on the stream from yesterday:

It was impossible to watch for me due to the very high data rate... Buffering every 2-3 seconds... Even our guys in EU had constant buffering. Perhaps slightly lower quality and bit rate for the next one?

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

I feel very happy, honored and thankful for this double victory.

I couldn't have done it without the help of many many people, so here are special thanks to:

My wingman - Razer. What a phenomenal talent. Fantastic combination of skill, aggression, improvisation and effortless communication. Your Kung Fu is strong!

The Organizers:

Flankerator - organizing with a true passion for air combat.

OverG - hours of patient testing of the mission, then refereeing and streaming some of the fights. Fantastic!

SkyCap and DutchBaron - very professional refereeing and overall solving of all the problems that we encountered. And being nice guys also.

RIPTIDE - refereeing matches on 104th server, and doing his part with maximum dedication!

My "fight club" sparring partners:

Bushmanni - the man behind SF squadron, gathering and keeping the Finnish players together, while being active in the community, also tirelessly writing instruction manuals for the Finnish community, arranging training sessions, and always providing analytical viewpoints and coherence to training.

Junior - 104th's most promising new talent. Keep training and you can win the next Top Gun ;)

Ocelot - Great talent. What could be if he would only forget about BMS... :D

Sweeper - A hardcore powerhouse of a dogfighter. Great SA, and best guns defense in the community. Professional material as long as he keeps to the brevity. Gives me the creeps. Needs lube to function properly.

Plaiskool - Old school pilot and a true gentleman. Respect.

Oberst_Zeisig - Dogfight connoisseur.

TaccoZ - Sweeper's best friend. Phantom lover.

And everyone else who ever flew with me on my "Funcave" server!

My Russian friends and sparring partners who I've had the pleasure to train with on the Guns'n'Roses server:

Toper_Harley

Крылатый

AAK

Dell_Murrey (that one fight we had this year, you don't know how important it was :):):))

And others.

Everyone who participated in the tournament and showed up for their fights.

Last but not least my squadron 104th Phoenix - supporting me in all my antics and providing a playground for so many training sessions.

Thank you all!!!

Edited by Stuge
  • Like 1

What a great event!

Congratulations Stuge, you've been a major asset to this event inside and outside of the cockpit.

Massive kudos to TAW crew, you guys set the bar high by providing the prefect environment for this event to succeed.

Kudos as well to Riptide and the 104th team for helping with hosting a few matches.

And to all Top Gun 2 fighters, impressive flying and exemplary sportsmanship. Thanks guys, see you in the next one!

S!

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Congratulations to the winners!!! :clap:

*NOB*Squad would also like to thank the organizers for the unprecedented amount of adrenaline throughout the competition...

:thumbup:

BFM is pure science and you guys added a few pages to our training manual (which we, of course, still have to read through...). :smartass:

I took the liberty and screenshoted the competition brackets... hope you don't mind...

1vs1

1vs1_RESULTS.jpg

2vs2

2vs2_RESULTS.jpg

Regards!

Aries out...

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

It took some time, there was so many great fights that I could not decide what to put in and what not to. In the end I realized it was impossible to include everything, but I think this speaks about the level of flying well enough.

Thanks for the praise!