Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

I will check the mission options again but I don't think I actually disable anything else than labels.

I've noticed though that some options like radio subtitle or radio speech dont work on my client so it may not be a server problem. I ll check tho.

Thanks for reporting the problem

In the english client the setting is not called "cockpit help" as I first presumed instead it's "Tool Tips".

I checked on multiple servers as also on singleplayer and it works.

Seems to have something to do with your server I guess.

You tried to force the setting "Tool Tips"?

Edited by Oberst Hummel

MiG-29G :thumbup:

:joystick:

UH-1H - FC3 - SU-25T - A-10C - Mi-8MTV2 - BS2 - CA - MiG-21bis - P-51D - M-2000C - F-5E

In the english client the setting is not called "cockpit help" as I first presumed instead it's "Tool Tips".

I checked on multiple servers as also on singleplayer and it works.

Seems to have something to do with your server I guess.

You tried to force the setting "Tool Tips"?

I've noticed some options not working like I tried to cut off radio subtitle and speech but still the radio will spam so maybe tooltip is broken as well.

The map doesn't touch this option but next update, I will force it to true to see if it helps

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Version 2.9

In Map Version 2.9:

• Saved with DCS 1.5.2.49392
  • Add some playable Mirage 2000 in the map
  • Bring back briefing and tasks text because of Patch Notes (Fixed bug with invisible servers in the MP lobby)
  • Blue coalition zone gets more defenses around Kutaisi
  • Tweak the blue CAP path
  • Weather changed to crappy
  • Force tooltip option to TRUE to see if it helps clients to turning them on.

Server Update:

• Updated to DCS 1.5.2.49392
  • Activate the SLMOD stats
  • Tweak SLMOD settings for bad acts

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

So I checked now and still no tool tips on your server but I can't figure out why. Maybe some script interfering?

Also I noticed that some of the stuff for the Mig-21 is not available (tested on multiple airports).

For example the fuel tanks and the countermeassures systems (SPS-141-100 and ASO).

Other than that still my favourite server. Keep it up!

I'll keep on looking for more bugs.

MiG-29G :thumbup:

:joystick:

UH-1H - FC3 - SU-25T - A-10C - Mi-8MTV2 - BS2 - CA - MiG-21bis - P-51D - M-2000C - F-5E

So I checked now and still no tool tips on your server but I can't figure out why. Maybe some script interfering?

Also I noticed that some of the stuff for the Mig-21 is not available (tested on multiple airports).

For example the fuel tanks and the countermeassures systems (SPS-141-100 and ASO).

Other than that still my favourite server. Keep it up!

I'll keep on looking for more bugs.

The master-script I run is the same as 1.2 except 60% of the feature are off until some mission scripting functions are fixed.

Anyways, I doubt the script will or even can interfere with such higher levels features like tooltip and other client options.

Fuel tanks are only disabled on the DUEL airports (Beslan VS Nalchik) as you are not supposed to stray too far.

I will check for the ASO but I am pretty sure I didn't disable them anywhere.

Still, the current DCS version, even if way prettier, is still kind of a beta so the quality of the server is still suffering from that. I think we need to be patient.

Once the features are put back or fixed in the 1.5, the server will be ready and quick to get back to its 1.2 glory with custom radio menus, rescue, delivery, transport, protected and conflict zone notification and more! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback and for flying Open Conflict Airlines

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Coming soon to a server near you... More Nukes, Penalty Kick

In Map Version 3.0

Weather

• Changed to winter, nice and cold, cloudy and foggy (no rain or snow)

Map Objectives

• Add new objectives to be NUKED or just destroyed, one for each coalition. (Check the briefing map)
  • Red convoy going from Haristvala to Lanchhuti will now go around blue Kutaisi airport and use the Honi road
  • Red Poti civilian ships are now defended by small gun boats

Airport Warehouses

• Airports are back to having infinite amount of everything instead of having some forbidden weapon limitations
  • This will be easier for me when DCS is being updated with new aircrafts and/or weapons and I had to redo the warehouses.
  • This should also fix the MiG21 fuel tank and ASO pod missing
  • Nuke are now allowed on the server (as an experiment)

Masterscript & Rules

• Armed ships will now be considered 'dangerous to player' in the objective defended/undefended flag computation
  • Some Illegal Weapons will now be destroyed to compensate for some 'Airport Warehouses' changes
    • Friendly-fire weapons fired/dropped IN the protected zone
    • Some weapons fired/dropped from planes with invalid payloads
    • I am still waiting for some script fixes to put back the notification of these destructions to the 'offender' player.

[*]Added support for 'Nuke Zone' to define where it's allowed to drop nukes

• Nuke dropped outside allowed zone will be destroyed

Server Management (SLMOD & Custom Extensions)

Operation 'Stop The Madness'

• During the session, a client history is now built to keep some information about clients even after they left the session (connection count, kick time, kick count....)
  • Using the history data, a kick will now come with a small temporary ban period to avoid having 'offenders' come back instantly on the server
  • The more an 'offender' gets kick in a session, the greater the temporary ban will be.
  • For now, the penalty is 10min per kick

Log Chat Spam

• Server events spam is now only set to 'kills'
  • The chat should be less spammy without 'join' 'hit' 'crash' and 'ejection' messages.
  • SLMOD will still log the pvp and team kills in chat

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.1

Weather & Time

• Time changed to evening
  • Clouds are gone and sky is clear again

Playable Planes

• Added special request skins for MiG21 (Bulgaria and Croatia)

Nukes

• Since my logs only reports Nukes dropped outside allowed zone and thus auto-destroyed so I will repeat....
  • Nukes are ONLY to be dropped on NUKABLE OBJECTIVES marked on the briefing map

Runtime Integrity Checks

• More forbidden weapons issued from illegal payload will now be destroyed when fired/released

Operation 'Stop The Madness' UPDATED

• Implemented a small cooldown in SLMOD Kamikaze computation
    • DCS have a tendency to send many many 'hit events' in case of plane on plane collision
    • This resulted in people reaching the SLMOD autobanned score in one collision
    • Cooldown will make it so kamikaze 'hit events' on the same people will only be taken into account every X secs
    • This will lower the chat spam as well as score penality of some plane on plane collision
    • I will continue monitoring collision logs as they are the hardest event to interprate (team kill intent, mistake, lag????)
    • A lot of F15 were harmed in the testing of this feature

Unbanning...

• Due to the new changes, some people are now unbanned from the server

SLMOD

• SLMOD Chat Notification messages (TEAM KILL, PVP KILL...) are now outputted in SLMOD log for my monitoring tools to work better
  • SLMOD 'PVP KILL: Humiliation!' has been replaced by 'PVP KILL' because we are not monsters :-)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

thankyou for investing so much time and effort in updating and running this MP server, its always great to come on there and fly!

Thanks!

I still have a lot of stuff I want to put in the server!

Right now, I am working server side on the policing part of the server with SLMOD & co.

It's not the most glamour part but I think it's needed, even more with a public server.

Mission side, I can't wait for some of the 1.2 script functions to be back in 1.5 so that my masterscript can, once again, communicate with specific player and offer radio menu options.

I might also start to investigate a bit more and see if I can find workarounds!

I'll keep you guys posted here of course :thumbup:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.2

Backup Air Defence

• If the home-bases ground defences didn't spawn or despawned, aircraft planes will spawn as replacement for ground defences

• This is a feature to work-around the bug where, on reset, a lot of groups doesn't spawn and the home bases are defenceless

Masterscript - Reactivated Features

• Experimenting/testing a custom work-around for the 'Client groups not accessible in MP' bug
  • Workaround code if you had the same problem: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2666582#post2666582
  • This work-around should allow the server to, once again, track players and communicate with specific ones as well as offer radio menu features.
  • The reactivated features are the following...

Masterscript - Death Infos

• On death/ejection, players will now receive a popup giving more infos on the last hits received leading up to the death
  • Through the radio menu, players can now request info on last death and last hit taken since then
  • Still under testing

Mastercript - Objective System

• Through the radio menu, players can now request info on all the objective to destroy / protect.
  • Through the radio menu, players can now request info on the respawning groups to know when they are going to respawn
  • Player will see the health bar of the objective as well as the distance and heading to go there

Masterscript - Protected (NO-FLY) Zone

• Instead of having too many SAMS/resources spent on making sure the home bases are secured, the script will take care of it
  • On one side, script will protect players inside their own home base zone by, for example, destroying friendly fired missiles
  • On the other side, script will warn then take increasingly harmful actions against persisting intruders
  • Zones can now be seen on a briefing map
  • Of course, I will monitor this feature because it's pretty violent but the pvp zone of map is the huge central zone, not clubbing seals in training areas.
  • This feature will also allow me to lower the number of SAMS used to defend the home bases.

Masterscript - Conflict Zone

• Players entering the central conflict zone will now have a notification as well as a intel report on force at play in the zone
  • Through the radio menu, players INSIDE the central zone, can request an updated intel report
  • Zones can now be seen on a briefing map

Weather & Time

* It is now Spring

Less Lag

* Remove some AI units to reduce the load of the map

* Size of convoys has been decreased but I will add convoy respawns later

* Home base defences SAMS are now in less number

SLMOD

- Shorten the welcome message to better fit the new chat window

- Add message for player connection / disconnection

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.3

More Content

• Added more content that will unlock/trigger when certain events happen in the map
  • This will add for example, some more convoys but spawning over time to avoid the lag of having too many

SLMOD

• Ramming the tankers won't penalize you with 'kamikaze team hit' points anymore as it is part of regular training operation
  • Added those missing planes to the stats database: FW-190D9, F-86F, Bf-109K-4, RQ-1A Predator
  • Still working on some stats problem when destroying statics objects

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Bombs have been planted

In Map Version 3.4

Weather & Time

• Date is now the summer solstice
  • Time is from 5pm to 9pm (17h à 21h)
  • Weather is clear, hot, no more fog

Khashuri Bases

• Fix red tank units on roofs

Bombs have been planted

• There are now objectives to sweep and clear from bombs
  • Bombs are small and hard to spot (I am using power generator model)
  • Bombs can be disarmed manually by landing next to it and use radio menu 'Disarm'
  • Bombs can be disarmed by destroying them
  • Beware of civilian casualties!

More ammunition for Air to Air defences!

Masterscript - Secondary Explosion Feature (Michael Bay Effect)

• Deactivate the entire feature
  • Turns out the script-triggered secondary explosions are responsible for SLMOD stats errors
  • Explosions coming from nowhere and triggered by no units or weapons mess up the DCS hit events and then SLMOD interpretation
  • Hopefully, at some point, trigger.action.explosion function will be able to take triggering unit information as a parameter

Masterscript - Performance

• I am unsure how it will help the server performance but its easy to do it
  • Diminish the number of debug log the script outputs now that it's pretty stable (less file operation, less string built)
  • Script now monitors the lua memory in use

SLMOD

• Fix a typo I made: 'F-86F' -> 'F-86F Sabre'

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.5

Weather & Time

• Temperature dropped from 30 to 20 deg celsius
  • Ka50 should be able to start again...

Conflict Area

• All AI planes in the conflict area are not visible on F10 map anymore
  • AI CAP in the conflict area have had their patrol path updated

Performance Test

• Some resource-heavy aircrafts like the mirage2000, mig21... will now to be loaded with mission instead of on-demand
  • I hope it will reduce some freezes when someone joins and starts to pilot those aircrafts

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.5.1

Blue Bomber AI

• A10A changed to A10C
  • Removed gun amos as they are just missile baits for practice
  • Hopefully this will prevent this server crash:

OpenConflictDebug@1641.74: OnUnitStartShooting: Pilot #004 (A-10A) starts shooting...

EF7EA5B0 0022F2B0 0000:00000000 ?simulate@wAircraftGunMount@@QEAAXN@Z()+40

EF7EC8A4 0022F270 0000:00000000 ?open_fire@wGun@weapons_gun@@IEAAXXZ()+24

EF7EE08D 0022F230 0000:00000000 ??4wShellGroup@@QEAAAEAV0@AEBV0@@Z()+39D

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.5.2

Weather & Time

• It's now 5am

Conflict Zone AIs

• AIs in Conflict Zone are back to being visible on F10 map.
    It was creating too much disconnect as every other AIs are visible
  • Su33 CAPs have their R27ET switched for R73
    They already have near-perfect awareness and were making to many stealth attacks
  • Patrol paths have been tweaked again

Feedback

• Don't hesitate to pm me some feedback if you have questions or suggestions for the server

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Server Management (Combat Log)

• Implemented a new combat log to display kills & shits in chat
  • Messages will be shorter, battlefield style. Killer [WEAPON] Victim
  • I hope this will better fit the new chat window
  • Attempt to recover the lost kills of static buildings and map objects
  • It's the first version and still a WORK-in-PROGRESS, feedback is welcome
  • Example:
    • PVP KILL: Mirknir [R-27ER] Freefighter
    • TEAM HIT: Mirknir [kamikaze] E-3A
    • TEAM KILL: Mirknir [R-27ER] Freefighter
    • KILL: Mirknir [R-27ER] P-51D
    • KILL: Mirknir [FAB-250] Tech combine
    • KILL: Mirknir [FAB-250] Repair workshop
    • KILL: Mirknir [guns] Tank

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Wow from that log example, Freefighter keeps getting in the way of your missiles, lol. xD

Ok I may have been unfair in my examples.

More reasonable ones would be:

• KILL: Freefighter[FAB-250] Freefighter
  • KILL: Freefighter[FAB-500] Freefighter
  • KILL: Freefighter[betAB-500] Freefighter

:megalol:

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map 3.6

Video Memory Usage

• Decrease the video memory usage of the map to try to help with the stutters on average computers
  • (See next post)

Poti Ships

• Ships took the hint as being killed too much and too fast
  • They are now more spread up

Server Management (Combat Log)

• Update the SLMOD gun shell database with some new type. This database is by SLMOD and combat log used to check if the weapon is 'guns'.
    • Examples:
    • BTR-80 - 14.5mm
    • M-2 Bradley - 25mm

• Added a new dictionary of shorter or more readable name for some units and weapons that the combat log will use.
    • Examples:
    • M-60 -> M-60A3 Patton
    • R-27ER (AA-10C) -> R-27ER
    • S-300PS 40B6M tr -> SA10

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

'Stuttering' versus 'Lagging'

'Stuttering' versus 'Lagging'

So I wanted to do a little post on this subject to try to help the players suffering from 'lag' on my server.

Of course, I want to say that real network lag exists BUT sometimes, the mini-freeze or stutters can come from somewhere else.

On my average computer, I can have those stutters even when I play my map SOLO even if I run at 70FPS

So what are those stutters?

• When the player is reaching its video-card-memory limit and more is needed, stutters can happen when computer starts streaming from the system RAM or whatever it does when VRAM runs out
  • This happened in 1.2, more violently as a matter of fact but with the new engine and directX, it's smoother but still noticeable in 1.5

• Stutters can often be confused with lag as they often happens when a lot of players are here, but it's more like 'when a lot of high definition aircraft models are loaded'
  • On my average computer (2Go vRam), using high settings in my map, I run at around 70FPS but with around 95% of my vRAM taken

• Even if solo, I still have those stutters despite a good FPS because my memory is too full

So why is this happening sometimes more on Open Conflict than other servers or even in solo?

Open Conflict map is taking a lot of video memory for several reasons:

• Of course, It contains players in fancy high definition aircrafts
  • It contains a lot of AIs and objectives also using a lot of models
  • The servers show everything on F10 map (except enemi players) and allows the use external camera:
    • Players can thus look everywhere and 'fill up' their graphic memory

What can you do as the host to improve our experience?

• Coming up in Map Version 3.6...
  • For AIs and objective statics, I am going to use (as much as possible) models of frequently used playable aircrafts like F15, su25 and A10
  • In short, I am going to use models that are likely to be loaded for/by players to avoid using specific models for AIs

What can I do as a client to improve my experience? (beside buying a better computer)

• Make sure your graphic settings match your video card power for good FPS BUT ALSO make sure they match your video memory
  • You can track your video memory currently used with GPUZ @ https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
  • Lowering the texture quality is certainly a great way to decrease the video memory in used:
    • You can do this with the ingame options
    • You also have additional options in NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings

I hope this will help a bit players with this problem.

Of course, this is not the only source of stall, stutter and lag but it's the main one that affected me.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.8.1

Dual Area

• Modern plane duel area has been moved from (Nalchik Vs Beslan) to (Anapa Vs Gelendzhik)
  • Nalchik and Beslan have been retasked to the war effort by blue and red forces

Northern Conflict Zone

• Conflict area has grown past the north mountain range
  • Nalchik and Beslan are now part of the conflict zone
  • For now, both bases are very defended and remote objectives that aventurous pilots can try to take on
  • Nalchik and Beslan forces have already setup outposts at the base of the mountain range
  • Nalchik and Beslan forces have already setup listening station on the mountain range (these are new, high altitude, objectives)

Southern Conflict Zone

• Red artillery base retreated from Haristvala up north to Ambrolauri town (further from the blue protected zone and into a valley)
  • Red drone base retreated from Misaktsieli up north to Dusheti town (further from the red protected zone and in a small depression)
  • Blue helicopter base at MM22 Valley has been relocated way up north at Tskhinvali (closer from the center of the conflict zone)
  • AI CAPs and all around defences have changed so proceed careful

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Fog of War

In Map Version 3.9

Fog of War Experiment

• Fog of War has been activated on the map
  • Because AIs still have flawless detection and awareness, players are ignored by FoW and are still invisible on the map.
  • Inside protected zones, some objectives are being spotted by the immortal AIs defenses to help training players
  • In conflict area, AI recon drones and bombers are doing the spotting so killing the enemy AIs will now actually affect your enemies.
  • Players can also participate in spotting and doing the recon to help fellow attackers and bombers.
  • Custom radio menu is still there to get intel report on objectives
  • Objective status will now popup on first join to make sure players know it's there

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

In Map Version 3.9

Fog of War Experiment

• Fog of War has been activated on the map
  • Because AIs still have flawless detection and awareness, players are ignored by FoW and are still invisible on the map.
  • Inside protected zones, some objectives are being spotted by the immortal AIs defenses to help training players
  • In conflict area, AI recon drones and bombers are doing the spotting so killing the enemy AIs will now actually affect your enemies.
  • Players can also participate in spotting and doing the recon to help fellow attackers and bombers.
  • Custom radio menu is still there to get intel report on objectives
  • Objective status will now popup on first join to make sure players know it's there

So, that didn't work.

Turns out the Fog of War feature seems to not work in MP, or at least behaving totally different from SP so this experiment will be reverted for now.

• Like 1

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Great updates; thanks again for continuing to improve this awesome server and as well for hosting it! It's my go-to server, so I appreciate all the effort that has been going into it. :)

Semi-related: It seems that the SU-33 aircraft carrier spawns are bugged (and possibly other spawns) wherein the system won't detect if there is already a player / object currently in the original spawn zone which results in the player spawning accumulating a TK and subsequently getting kicked from the server for kamikaze (and in my case: both players, myself and Mozdok 1 were credited a TK + kick).