lack of Community A4 Scooter in MP

JABO2009

just went through the MP servers and couldnt hardly find any MP servers featuring the community A4 Mod , any explanation why ?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Another thought, having it installed causes issues with IC as reported across the forum and most people won’t play on a public server without IC. A private server among a group of friends that wants to use the A4 is of course something different.

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Absolutley, Integrity Check is a must ( when works :D ) for a public server.

We have already a lot of problem with rubber banding, lags, poor performance, nobody wants see also a "free cheating" server just for play A4 mod.

It's a great mod, and sometimes we do some private session with that, but no intention at all to put on public server.

Sorry.....not sorry :D

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I'll add the F-4 to my server the second the IC issue is sorted out. I believe many servers will do that too, so you'll have enough places to fly the F-4. Maybe ED is working on it, who knows.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

We used it but again, it required everyone to have it as well as constantly keep it up to date. Even those with no interest in an A4. If it was made to not be required I'd be happy to put some in but once it's server side it's required, unfortunately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

• 3 months later...
I'll add the F-4 to my server the second the IC issue is sorted out. I believe many servers will do that too, so you'll have enough places to fly the F-4. Maybe ED is working on it, who knows.

That's great to hear and I don't think there will be any IC issues when BSK/ED finally releases the F-4, after it got pushed back in favor of the F-16.

But what about the A-4? ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

what excatly is this IC issue anyway? even befor 1.03 came out you could happyly have the A4 installed and join any Protected server with the green shield.

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Would like to see more servers with the A-4. It's a fun plane to fly, especially for a new or casual flyer. It's my first clickable jet and I don't find the work load of flying it and attacking ground targets to be overwhelming. Just the right amount of fun/work... for now.

As a server admin, i'm gutted it's a mod. The whole mod route is fairly spoiled by folks that don't want to mod and call it witchcraft and blame it for things it doesn't do (but does actually in some cases)

But until that day, I cannot have a Skyhawk on the server and I want it.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

If you want to fly the A4, I'd highly recommend checking out CSG-1 though I don't fly with them anymore. They have a great dedicated A4 group as of a month or two ago. Check them out. They have a server if you search it. I'm sure if you post here someone will contact you with the password.

Im searching the server list over and over for Servers including the A4 mod, but no joy so far !!

come on , let turn and burn JESTER vs MAVERICK & GOOSE , we have all the tools ( A4 mod / F14 / Nevada) so lets use them !

I hosted a public server recently with A4 / F5 vs F14B but not a single player joined ..

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

How would people be able to join a server hosting the A-4 without having the files?

It would severely limit the audience of public servers.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I have to wonder why anyone would not want the A-4.

So much fun to fly and it packs a punch, but the best part is, it's FREE.

I'm really surprised it's not more popular, but then I'm pretty new to DCS.

Luckily I've found a couple non PW servers that have them.

good point.

at least it would be great help if ED would take the external model into the product, so that the mod is not neccessary for joining servers featuring this plane

i know this all would need a lot of work, but it would show that the community has a worth to ED

And it would help a lot if the IC wouldn't kick me off servers because of the mod

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

It cannot be done. Licensing agreements with the original model maker and the like means that the Community A-4E-C team cannot turn it over to ED for full implementation, even if ED were inclined to do so.

This ^^^, the A4 Mod team did an amazing job there, maybe the best mod to date when it comes to Aircraft, but therein lies the problem a mod this good can't be used on the MP open servers, (where I would spend most of my time) and for that reason I wish to some extent it was developed via the current 3rd party vendors. Again no disrespect to the A4 team, I wish there was an easier way for their A4 would make it to DCS but for the above reasons and I'm sure ED could give you it will never see the light of day on open servers.

Edited by F900EX

VNAO CVW-7 and CVW-14 runs it most days and keeps it up to date. But we do remove it when it breaks, as it has a couple of times. It is a good mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

good point.

at least it would be great help if ED would take the external model into the product, so that the mod is not neccessary for joining servers featuring this plane

i know this all would need a lot of work, but it would show that the community has a worth to ED

And it would help a lot if the IC wouldn't kick me off servers because of the mod

It's not up to ED. They are not some sort of digital god. The A4 does not belong to them. They have zero say in what happens with it. The A4's developers, literally in the opening post, explicitly stated they do NOT want to do any of these things. They also stated they do not have the resources or time to bring it up to ED's standards.

It's a very nice mod, extremely nice as many of the labor of love projects are, but it is in the end a fan made mod. Making it into a module would pretty much require a ground up rebuild.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

by all that work and coffee and blood that went into this mod, it would be a shame that it couldn't be used in a senseful manner

IC is the main hurdle in my eyes and as long this is not sorted out, there is no real appeal for multiplayer flying with it installed

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png