Whats happening with the CEII

hazzer

Specifically the fact the prop animation appears to still be bugged, it appears like the prop stops every now and then.

Audio bug sound keeps repeating, can be heard when engine is off.

And where are the sound updates?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

We've tested prop online and offline. It seems to be more of a netcode issue so it's multiplayer related. We're tying to figure out what may be causing this behavior, since in singleplayer propeller is running smooth.

As for sounds, I will ask.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly I have given up with this. I personally think if modules are not kept up to date it shouldn't be possible to purchase. I would love a refund but thats not going to happen.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Same problem with the Yak-52. No update since ages. :mad:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, pretty much every day. And I forward all your feedback.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Yes, pretty much every day. And I forward all your feedback.

Ok. But what is actually being done with the CEII?

I've said it before, but the CEII is in my opinion one of the worst aircraft available in DCS that I have bought.

The sound is awfull

The flight model is rubish

The engine model is not even a thing

The ground handling is... basic

This airplane has no charm, no character... it doesn't even give you any feedbaack, it is just a bunch of rubish lines of code... You could even do better with sims like FSX...

This is sad. I have actually flown the christen and I loved it, it could bite you, but as you learned how it flew and respected it, it was just a sweet and very capable airplane... Minus the unconfortable ride in turbulence. Any time I try to fly it in dcs I am pissed after 5 mn...

The yak 52 while not perfect is miles ahead...

Magnitude 3 should have more care towards their customers... I somewhat feel I bought an empty shell...

By reading your message it has made me doubt that you have been anywhere near a real CE2. The flight model is great, the only problems it has are landing and taking off...... sometimes hammerhead but you can't just kick the rudder and expect it to do what you want. I have flown the real CE2 about 3 times now and I'll tell you that it feels similar when doing most things. However, I do agree with you with the sound....it is horrible.

No worries, you do not have to believe me. This is just my opinion sharing my personnal point of view based on my experience. If you don't want to believe it, it is up to you. But...

My opinion is that the flight model is bad. This is mostly due to the fact that it does have a very inconsistent roll rate. If You try to fly any kind of advanced or even intermediate sequence it just doesn't work. The slow rolls and the snapp rolls are really a pain with a stupid acceleration/stop at regular intervals (it is for example mostly impossible to do a slow roll at medium to low speed without provoking jerky roll rate...). This is to me a very significant part of an aerobatic aircraft and it is badly simulated; making the experience disapointing at best.

Something just doesn't work. This flight model feels like a bad script... going in and out of some conditions... None of the aircrafts I have ever flown even came close to this behavior...

No worries, you do not have to believe me. This is just my opinion sharing my personnal point of view based on my experience. If you don't want to believe it, it is up to you. But...

My opinion is that the flight model is bad. This is mostly due to the fact that it does have a very inconsistent roll rate. If You try to fly any kind of advanced or even intermediate sequence it just doesn't work. The slow rolls and the snapp rolls are really a pain with a stupid acceleration/stop at regular intervals (it is for example mostly impossible to do a slow roll at medium to low speed without provoking jerky roll rate...). This is to me a very significant part of an aerobatic aircraft and it is badly simulated; making the experience disapointing at best.

Something just doesn't work. This flight model feels like a bad script... going in and out of some conditions... None of the aircrafts I have ever flown even came close to this behavior...

This post is more interesting than your first. Describing flaws is the best way to get constructive. Brings us back to topic: any news from devs about what is planed to get CEII out of EA? Is tuning the flight model a part of those plans? Sound is often criticised too. I don't have the experience of the real sound and the simulated sound does not bother me that much. But any info about plans/development would be appreciated.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

This post is more interesting than your first. Describing flaws is the best way to get constructive. Brings us back to topic: any news from devs about what is planed to get CEII out of EA? Is tuning the flight model a part of those plans? Sound is often criticised too. I don't have the experience of the real sound and the simulated sound does not bother me that much. But any info about plans/development would be appreciated.

Literally listen to nay video online and you will see that the sound is off. The engine is an io-360 a very common engine. Any plane I have flown with one does not sound like a lawnmower. It is impressive the sound have been so bad. Then again the mig21 still has default external sounds.

• 5 weeks later...

Do we have an update in this thing? Waiting for it to be considered acceptable. Fm improvements, sounds, the plane gauges seem to react instantly unlike any other. The plane has an invisible nose wheel. Where are the updates?

To be fair the Mig-21 also have a FM that is not right or even close. The sound is default (sounds like a Boing 737 external) and Mig-21 jumps all over the place when you rotate on a concrete rwy.

We have been waiting for a long time for the fixes to this so just a heads up, it is going to take M3 years to fix CEII. Years.

• 2 weeks later...
To be fair the Mig-21 also have a FM that is not right or even close. The sound is default (sounds like a Boing 737 external) and Mig-21 jumps all over the place when you rotate on a concrete rwy.

We have been waiting for a long time for the fixes to this so just a heads up, it is going to take M3 years to fix CEII. Years.

That is very true.

The fact the developers aren't even acknowledging any of this for the CEII is very concerning. I'm confused as to why nobody cares that they are not updating or finishing modules like they should be doing. I know the ceII wasn't popular but this is just unacceptable.