Offline Mode (2.5.1 and beyond) - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #101
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

The offline mode is tied to the PC and the account.

So if you enter offline mode you need to re-enable online on the same PC before login into your account on the second PC.

sorry if that wasnt clear.
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #102
sc_neo

@finch Its dead simple. You cannot enable online mode from any other PC/machine than the one you where using when putting your DCS account into offline mode. And if you put DCS into offline mode on one of your machines and you change something significant enough on this very PC, then this DCS installation or the master server (not entirely sure whether this is or serverside only) considers this altered PC a different machine from the one you used to enable offline mode,...which brings you right back to my first sentence.

If you have multiple DCS installtion on various hardware in different places, then you are better off having you DCS account be in online mode all the time unless you specifically know that you will have access to that very PC you might enable/disable offline mode. And i case you mess that up or forget about it and have traveld 1000miles to your second PC but put DCS into offline mode on your first PC,....then you call you wife, brother or whoever can access that PC and put DCS out off offline mode. And if thats not possible, you contact ED customer support.
sc_neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:26 PM   #103
finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
@finch Its dead simple. You cannot enable online mode from any other PC/machine than the one you where using when putting your DCS account into offline mode. And if you put DCS into offline mode on one of your machines and you change something significant enough on this very PC, then this DCS installation or the master server (not entirely sure whether this is or serverside only) considers this altered PC a different machine from the one you used to enable offline mode,...which brings you right back to my first sentence.

If you have multiple DCS installtion on various hardware in different places, then you are better off having you DCS account be in online mode all the time unless you specifically know that you will have access to that very PC you might enable/disable offline mode. And i case you mess that up or forget about it and have traveld 1000miles to your second PC but put DCS into offline mode on your first PC,....then you call you wife, brother or whoever can access that PC and put DCS out off offline mode. And if thats not possible, you contact ED customer support.
clear enough... so my scenario description was wrong... need to leave always DCS online, thanks

last question... so to change hardware/format what should I do? I can format then reinstall DCS if I left it online, right?

Last edited by finch; 05-06-2018 at 01:31 PM.
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #104
sc_neo

yes, that is how i understand it. Afaik only the new AV-8B Harrier module uses the new keyless (no StarForce anymore) system, so atm you still need to deactivate all other modules to not loose activations. So if i understand it correctly, atm you need to do both if you change something sifnificant enough about one of your PCs. Keep your DCS account in online mode, and deactivate all old modules before changing stuff.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #105
jef32

And what about the release and the beta ?

For the moment, just the beta is in 2.5.1 version and I've switched it to offline.
The release 2.5.0 hasn't the possibility of the mode offline for the moment.

But what will happens when the update 2.5.1 release will come ?

Can we will keep the beta switched on Offline and the release switched on Online on the same PC ?

Last edited by jef32; 05-06-2018 at 01:58 PM.
jef32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:51 PM   #106
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef32 View Post
And what about the release and the beta ?

For the moment, just the beta is in 2.5.1 version and I've switched it to offline.
The release 2.5.0 hasn't the possibility of the mode offline for the moment.

But what will happens when the update 2.5.1 release will come ?

Can we will keep the beta switched on Offline and the release switched on Online on the same PC ?
You have to put each version on offline mode, obviously the current release doesnt have it yet, so you cant.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #107
sc_neo

ehm....shouled we disable offline mode before updating the game via the patcher to the latest build? Because i have offline mode enabled but can still update the game. Hope updating DCS while offline mode is active is a non issue.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:54 AM   #108
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
ehm....shouled we disable offline mode before updating the game via the patcher to the latest build? Because i have offline mode enabled but can still update the game. Hope updating DCS while offline mode is active is a non issue.
you should be in online mode to update, I will make sure the team are aware of this

thanks
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #109
sc_neo

ok, i go online for the update. So the account gets locked down in offline mode when updating without going online beforhand? Just like changing your hardware/system would while ones DCS accoumt is in offline mode?
Old 05-11-2018, 11:38 PM   #110
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

You can update in Offline Mode, but it will boot you out of offline mode and tell you to login again.

"Cant't Enter Offline Mode, Auth Data is for a Different version"

Press OK, Login Dialog Comes Up, Login, Launch DCS, Download new Auth Data, Offline Mode Re-Engage.

If you downloaded the Update, it's Obvious you have Internet Connection to Generate new Auth Data, so Login after you update and re-engage Offline Mode again.
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote