[TESTERS WANTED] Project Dynamism - persistence and dynamic content framework

Project Dynamism

Hi, I did a few tests and it works very well !

I created a single mission, destroyed a few trucks, replayed the mission and the trucks were destroyed !

I also created a simple campaign with a first mission with trucks, then a second one with the same trucks a few meters further, and it works perfectly ! The vehicles destroyed in the first mission don't respawn in the second.

However, we tried a multiplayer mission with a friend, if we save the destruction manually via F10, it works. But when I close the server without saving manually, I get an error message and the destruction is not saved.

Thanks a lot for the new version, it's much more convenient to use !

Hey ikaruga,

Glad you enjoy the new version. To help analyse the multiplayer problem, could you PM me your DCS.log from right after the the close of the server without saving manually and getting that error message you described?

Will try to test and find out what is going wrong there.

Thanks

I tried again yesterday, and could not reproduce the problem ...

I'll tell you if it ever happens again ...

A question : if I want to play a dynamic mission in multiplayer, do the other players need to have Project Dynamism or only the host ?

I also did a small 2-mission long dynamic campaign, is there a way I can share it ?

EDIT : I managed to reproduce the problem ! With two people on the server, it gives an error message when leaving, apparently ...

Here's the log.

unknown.png

2020-03-31 17:06:00.337 INFO SCRIPTING: Dynamism.Inject|176: Executing before payload function with args []

2020-03-31 17:06:00.337 INFO SCRIPTING: Dynamism.Inject|184: Executing payload function with args []

2020-03-31 17:06:00.337 INFO SCRIPTING: Dynamism.Inject|192: Executing after payload function with args []

2020-03-31 17:06:00.338 ERROR SCRIPTING: Dynamism.Inject|195: Executing after payload function yielded error [[string "function before_payload(args)..."]:57: Unit doesn't exist]

2020-03-31 17:06:00.338 ERROR SCRIPTING: Dynamism.Inject|RequestLuaFunctionPayloadExecution|213: Failed to execute function payload due to error [[string "C:\Users\Ikaruga\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Dynamism\Scripts\DynamismInject.lua"]:45: attempt to call global 'SendErrorReport' (a nil value)]

2020-03-31 17:06:25.752 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\Ikaruga\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Dynamism\Scripts\DynamismInject.lua"]:45: attempt to call global 'SendErrorReport' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'SendErrorReport'

[string "C:\Users\Ikaruga\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Dynamism\Scripts\DynamismInject.lua"]:45: in function 'log'

[string "C:\Users\Ikaruga\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Dynamism\Scripts\DynamismInject.lua"]:213: in function 'RequestLuaFunctionPayloadExecution'

[string "C:\Users\Ikaruga\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Dynamism\Scripts\DynamismInject.lua"]:321: in function 'SaveDamages'

[string "C:\Users\Ikaruga\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\Dynamism\Scripts\DynamismInject.lua"]:309: in function 'OnMissionEnd'

[string "if dynamism ~= nil then dynamism.OnMissionEnd() end"]:1: in main chunk

Edited by ikaruga

Hello ProjectDynamism,

I install the newer version, overwriting the old one. But, after launch, the program ask me the password (field empty) : I do not remember it and there is no reset possible. So no connection possible.

Cheers,

HiCKS

Hello,

@ikaruga

Thanks for the error details. I will look into it and report back.

To play a dynamic mission in multiplayer, I would expect onyl the host to need Project Dynamism. Maybe the error stems from also players having it installed?

For sharing missions/campaign I will post an extra instruction soon. Thanks!

@HiCKS-BB15

Thanks for reporting. I reset you password and sent you a mail with instructions.

Interesting the porting of the settings from one version to another does apparently not work (anymore). I had the same impression, even though it is implemented. Will try to improve.

Hello,

@HiCKS-BB15

Thanks for reporting. I reset you password and sent you a mail with instructions.

Interesting the porting of the settings from one version to another does apparently not work (anymore). I had the same impression, even though it is implemented. Will try to improve.

Thanks for the support, very quick :)

Maybe a button : Resend/Reset Password ? Maybe send an email at first connection with the details at the user ?

HiCKS.

Hello HiCKS,

This means that somehow the entered password is wrong. So the program tries to register you as new user but complains about username and email being already taken.

Make sure to completely remove the old password and try to copy-paste it from the reset mail.

Will try later today as well. Maybe I made some mistake updating the database... should automate this procedure :music_whistling:

UPDATE can reproduce... must have made a mistake on my side... investigating

UPDATE 2 stupid mistake on my side... resending you the reset mail right now

OK, new problem,

I follow instructions, fill-in :

Username/Password/Email -> click on "Sign In", the program reply : Registration refused. User name is already taken.Email is already taken. Please fix and try again.

Edited by Project Dynamism

Hello HiCKS,

This means that somehow the entered password is wrong. So the program tries to register you as new user but complains about username and email being already taken.

Make sure to completely remove the old password and try to copy-paste it from the reset mail.

Will try later today as well. Maybe I made some mistake updating the database... should automate this procedure :music_whistling:

UPDATE can reproduce... must have made a mistake on my side... investigating

UPDATE 2 stupid mistake on my side... resending you the reset mail right now

Greatfull ;) It's fine, it's working.

Now, it's about your campaign "Hailstorm". There is bug :

2020-04-02 21:16:08.215 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "dynamism.SetReserves({'C-101 #01','C-101 #02','C-101 #03','C-101 #04'},{'C-101 #05','C-101 #06','C-101 #07','C-101 #08','C-101 #09','C-101 #10','C-101 #11','C-101 #12'})"]:1: attempt to index global 'dynamism' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "dynamism.SetReserves({'C-101 #01','C-101 #02','C-101 #03','C-101 #04'},{'C-101 #05','C-101 #06','C-101 #07','C-101 #08','C-101 #09','C-101 #10','C-101 #11','C-101 #12'})"]:1: in main chunk

2020-04-02 21:16:16.131 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "dynamism.OnMissionStart('Air Attrition - Hailstorm',1,'a')"]:1: attempt to index global 'dynamism' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[string "dynamism.OnMissionStart('Air Attrition - Hailstorm',1,'a')"]:1: in main chunk

2020-04-02 21:16:48.601 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "dynamism.OnMissionEnd()"]:1: attempt to index global 'dynamism' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[string "dynamism.OnMissionEnd()"]:1: in main chunk

Just a suggestion, maybe is it possible to use/adapt surrexen's campaign?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306039/

It could be more fun, to test :)

Just a suggestion, maybe is it possible to use/adapt surrexen's campaign?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3306039/

It could be more fun, to test

Shouldn't be too hard : download the mission, rename it with "Dyn -" at the beginning and it technically should work ...

However, since the mission probably spawns stuff dynamically, I'm not sure how it would behave...

Hello HiCKS,

The error messages indicate two problems:

1. Improper Integration into DCS World (due to 'dynamism' not defined)
    - Please make sure that your DCS user data folder is correctly set in Dynamism Connector and that the icon of the "Pick" button is green.
    - Please also consider that there might be different DCS user data folders in case you have both DCS stabe and DCS open beta installed. The one set in Dynamism Connector should match the DCS release you start.
    - On start of DCS the brown Dynamism mod icon should appear on the starting screen amongst the airplane module icons.
    - In DCS module manager the Dynamism mod should be installed and be enabled.

2. Outdated Campaign (explicit calls to 'dynamism.OnMissionStart' and 'dynamism.OnMissionEnd')
    - Please redownload the 'Hailstorm' campaign (and any other) from within Dynamism Connector by clicking on the green 'Download' button.
    - In DCS World please restart the 'Hailstorm' campaign (and any other downloaded Dynamism campaign) by clicking the 'Restart' button in the DCS campaigns section's Dynamism module. (This seems to be important due to some weird DCS behaviour. Looks like it takes the next campaign file to play not from the CMP file but from the (now outdated) player's logbook.

Hope this helps and you can start enjoying.

If not then please PM me the dcs.log and I will have a look what the cause is.

Hi all,

Instructions on how to share your Project Dynamism content have been added to Post #3

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4235405&postcount=3

Please feel encouraged to share your work with fellow DCS players.

I will try to publish them on a regular basis in the download library.

Thanks

I wanted to give this a go but cant download the included missions. It tells me the data file is incorrect.

To be clear which data file is to be used?

Also in the settings section should all options turn green? I currently only have green checks for "Username" and "Communication Channel" ?

My error log says:

020-04-04 12:17:16.8332 | ERROR | Adding error status 2020 'DCS mod integration failed. Please choose correct DCS User Data folder.'

2020-04-04 12:17:48.6822 | ERROR | Adding error status 2020 'DCS mod integration failed. Please choose correct DCS User Data folder.'

2020-04-04 12:20:08.5175 | ERROR | Adding error status 2020 'DCS mod integration failed. Please choose correct DCS User Data folder.'

2020-04-04 12:20:32.0730 | FATAL | Unhandled exception occurred.

2020-04-04 12:20:32.0730 | FATAL | An exception occurred during a WebClient request. (System.Net.WebException)

Could not find a part of the path '\\PROVISION-PC\Users\Provision\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Data\Mods\tech\Dynamism\Missions\Campaigns\Ground Attrition - Snowplow.zip'. (System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException)

2020-04-04 12:20:32.0810 | FATAL | at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)

@Shepherd

The DCS user data folder icon to turn green on the settings tab is crucial.

As this fails you get all the other problems you reported.

Looks like the program can not handle network paths like in your case.

I would guess it expects paths to start with a drive letter.

So instead of \\PROVISION-PC\Users\Provision\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta it would need a path simolar to C:\Users\Provision\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Not sure how you somehow could achieve that on your system.

I will test on my side with network paths and try to adapt the exectuable for it.

@Danguard

In version 0.9 the tool can now differentiate single player, multiplayer and campaigns.

The two test missions "Snowplow" and "Hailstorm" are in campaign format for historical reasons. In reality they are just single missions.

You should have no trouble in using Project Dynamism for SP missions. Actually Project Dynamism was developed for SP missions first.

@Danguard

In version 0.9 the tool can now differentiate single player, multiplayer and campaigns.

The two test missions "Snowplow" and "Hailstorm" are in campaign format for historical reasons. In reality they are just single missions.

You should have no trouble in using Project Dynamism for SP missions. Actually Project Dynamism was developed for SP missions first.

Ok, i tried to use on a mine mission: an F/A 18 flyng toward an island in Persian gulf for to destroy 4 Tunguska protecting a group of BTR. After i destroyed the 4 air defence units i restarted my mission (exit and restart) but the Tunguskas still was in place. I changed the mission name like in your instructions and i created a lua file with the same miz name for the persistence. The plane is starting in the air, i don't know if it could be the problem.

D.

@Shepherd

The DCS user data folder icon to turn green on the settings tab is crucial.

As this fails you get all the other problems you reported.

Looks like the program can not handle network paths like in your case.

I would guess it expects paths to start with a drive letter.

So instead of \\PROVISION-PC\Users\Provision\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta it would need a path simolar to C:\Users\Provision\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Not sure how you somehow could achieve that on your system.

I will test on my side with network paths and try to adapt the exectuable for it.

Hum i am sorry but can you explain why you think it is archieved. What does that mean exactly if you dont mind...

I have 5-6 SSD on this rig with one of the SSD having a different operating system if that has anything to do with it?

thanks

Edited by Shepherd

Hi Shepherd,

I tested and the tool can handle network paths.

Looking at it again I think the problem is just a wrong "DCS User Data Folder" selected.

Instead of

\\PROVISION-PC\Users\Provision\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
\Data

It should just be in your case

\\PROVISION-PC\Users\Provision\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Hi Danguard,

Please try without the accompanying LUA file and a mission file name just starting with "Dyn -" e.g.

"Dyn - Test.miz"

That would be already sufficient in your case.

If it still does not work you can PM me your mission and the dcs.log for review.

Ok, i tried to use on a mine mission: an F/A 18 flyng toward an island in Persian gulf for to destroy 4 Tunguska protecting a group of BTR. After i destroyed the 4 air defence units i restarted my mission (exit and restart) but the Tunguskas still was in place. I changed the mission name like in your instructions and i created a lua file with the same miz name for the persistence. The plane is starting in the air, i don't know if it could be the problem.

D.

Hi Danguard,

I discovered this in your log:

2020-04-06 13:59:38.840 INFO LuaNET: Dynamism.Hooks: Project Dynamism mod is disabled. Callbacks not registered

Please enable Dynamism in the "Module manager" under "Installed" (restart of DCS World required). Then you should get the expected behaviour.

Please disregard my PM reply asking for the log file from another DCS run.

Not needed anymore.

You've a PM with my files.

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Static object elevation bug ?

I am working on a sequence of missions using dynamism.

In the mission 1 a comm station gets destroyed..... in mission 2 , the comm station is shown as a destroyed object, but somehow floating above the ground.

Any ideas on this ?

(For info : The debug window you see in the upper right corner is for the SKYNET IADS script which i also got running in the campaign)

NO2.thumb.png.80b1e3d8c00b8da8bfcb946fedceef2f.png

2nd try

I am working on a sequence of missions using dynamism.

In the mission 1 a comm station gets destroyed..... in mission 2 , the comm station is shown as a destroyed object, but somehow floating above the ground.

Any ideas on this ?

(For info : The debug window you see in the upper right corner is for the SKYNET IADS script which i also got running in the campaign)

Ok, i ran the sequence of missions described above several times ... each time the destroyed object in the next missing was in the air.

After moving the object a bit the bug didnt occur again

NO3.thumb.png.e6e098c173818c5455b35927d51190ef.png

Hi Spearzone,

Interesting find. Will have a look to make sure that the sequence of removing a destroyed object from the mission and spawning a "broken" representation at the location of destruction is working properly.

For static objects position of the destroyed object and "broken" representation are in the same position, maybe in some circumstances they stack on each other. Perhaps the original object is still in the process of being removed / not yet fully gone before the new "broken" object is spawned.

Maybe I can reproduce and play with the coordinates or the sequence of removal and spawning...