M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

• 5 weeks later...
Anything it today's update that's not in the change-log ?

Not sure what we can expect more, as we only had sign of life from Baltic and Tim lately, and it's all in the change log (updated manual, updated missions, new VR pilot).

We haven't heard from Elwood since he mentioned he was working on other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Can somebody say me, wether the avionics overhaul is completed by now or are there still things missing?

There's still things to do and the radar has some wip bugs.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I have been away from DCS for a long time now. Just read about this.

Can somebody say me, wether the avionics overhaul is completed by now or are there still things missing?

You can find a summary and complementary information in the following thread . We are waiting for a status update from the team.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't get Magics to launch. Solid tone, triangle on hud, pull trigger and nothing happens. Followed tutorial mission to the letter but the missiles just won't launch. What a mess this update is.

Can't get Magics to launch. Solid tone, triangle on hud, pull trigger and nothing happens. Followed tutorial mission to the letter but the missiles just won't launch. What a mess this update is.

You didn't press CMS Magic. Stop blaming RAZBAM if you don't read release notes.

• 3 weeks later...

It went un-noticed, but the radar elevation control is working pretty ok now.

We can trust again the min/ max altitudes next to radar cursor.

That's not perfect yet, the radar still sweeps every line when moving elevation up, but it's a good improvement for radar work :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It went un-noticed, but the radar elevation control is working pretty ok now.

We can trust again the min/ max altitudes next to radar cursor.

That's not perfect yet, the radar still sweeps every line when moving elevation up, but it's a good improvement for radar work :thumbup:

Hi Jojo,

Does you comment apply for both PPI and B modes ?

Thanks!

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

Hi Jojo,

Does you comment apply for both PPI and B modes ?

Thanks!

Yes it does. Also the radar cursor lock is now pretty much ok in PPI as explained by Zeus67.

I just had difficulty near the edge in PPI, but not a big deal.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

• 2 weeks later...

I was practising Mirage BVR using the stock SP Caucasus destroy F16s AI mission. Attempted 4 times, PID/TWS won't see any blip even the bandits were 40nm dead ahead, moving the radar antenna up down doesn't seem to have any effect. Later, I tried BVR by creating a fast mission, TWS worked. Any comment?

What branch are you flying ? Stable, Open Beta ? Plus, if you're trying to track a fighter size target at 40nm with the Mirage you will certainly have a hard time with it.

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

What branch are you flying ? Stable, Open Beta ? Plus, if you're trying to track a fighter size target at 40nm with the Mirage you will certainly have a hard time with it.

I am on latest open beta.

Is the Mirage radar that weak?

I don't fly the OB. But from what I heard and read lately, the work done in the past weeks has improved a lot the Mirage's radar. I'm not surprise by the fact that a 80's era nimble fighter can't track another fighter at 40+ nm. Have you tried to create a quick mission with different aircrafts of different size at the same distance ? I bet you will pick up larger fighters (like Flankers or Tomcats) and bombers at those distances.

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

According to Flight International article, dated from 02 April 1983, RDI range on fighter size target (RCS 5m2) in look up would be 66Nm, and between 18 to 50Nm in look down, depending on ground clutter and closing speed.

Ian Black, former Tornado F3 pilot who did an exchange on Mirage 2000C RDI also rated the radar as good, and I would bet the Tornado F3 has good radar too.

Currently in game the M-2000C would detect a big fighter (F-15C/ Su-27) in look up & head on at 47Nm, even if we tune down to compensate for Thomson CSF advertising, I think 47Nm is on the low side.

But in game RCS for these fighters is set at 5.5m2, which I think is a low for this kind of aircraft.

Bombers and transport aircraft hot aspect will be detected near 80Nm which is OK.

If target turn cold, detection range will be much shorter (from memory around 15Nm to 18Nm)

The difference seems huge, but it’s approximately the same thing for FC3 F-15C. Would need to test better on more advanced modules.

That being said, considering Super 530D range, 47Nm is workable range.

M-2000C is best used with GCI support or AWACS.

Using SRS on servers like Blue Flag you can have human GCI, and this is great.:thumbup:

F-16 head on should be detected at 40Nm...check radar elevation.

And I think M-2000C is in much better state on OB currently.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

• 2 weeks later...
Just so you guys know, the manual DO has been added to the mirage, it's a bit bugged, but the feature is here :).

Anything else added? Like radar slave to Magic as they posted a video on it some weeks ago?

This week change log for the mirage is a bit empty, you might have seen more info on Discord.

Anything else added? Like radar slave to Magic as they posted a video on it some weeks ago?

This week change log for the mirage is a bit empty, you might have seen more info on Discord.

Yes, radar slave to magic is also here. Same key binding.

Can some knowledgeable person explain the new features recently added, please?

• Magic slave to radar: What's the difference between this and what we already have with the slave that turns the rectangle into the triangle?
  • Radar to magic: I guess the only upside of this is that you get the range and firing cues or have I missed something?
  • Manual DO: When would you use it and how does it work?

Did I miss anything?

Thanks Razbam for a great work creating one of the best modules in DCS!

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index