Would you buy a paid upgrade for Huey? - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you buy a paid upgrade for Huey?
Yes 82 57.34%
No 61 42.66%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #41
Proof

A giant +1 from me for a paid UH-1N upgrade, and also agreed that outside of that there's not a whole lot that would make me pay to upgrade the existing H.

Personally I don't think seeing infantry in the back seat should she be a "Huey upgrade", whilst it is something I very much want to see I believe this should be a wider core inclusion that isn't limited to the Huey. Infantry riding in all helicopters, in landing craft, in or on top of armoured vehicles etc is something I've been wanting to see in DCS for a long time. And the below image gives me hope that one day it will be a reality or is at least being explored. However, paying for the ability to see them isn't something I can imagine myself doing.

Proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:43 AM   #42
The_Pharoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwukong View Post
I’m still waiting for multi-crew.....this is why I bought it.....so no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol so am I. The Huey was released in 2013. Its 2020. Where's my damned multi-crew, ED?? In that time, you've had enough 'insufficient resources' to release a crap load of stuff including the Hornet, Viper, etc. But yet no multi crew.

Get your priorities straight.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:05 AM   #43
Seaside

I would pay for a Twin engine UH-1N
Seaside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:00 AM   #44
69th_Zeb

I'd pay.
I enjoy it though, and the skids haven't fallen off yet (I'm looking at my sling-loading screenshot, and the saddle hangers holding the skids are missing).
69th_Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:09 AM   #45
Baco

An N or 212 maybe...

Why Should I pay again for the same module.

I dont wnat to encourage the A-10 K 50 re-buy policy. I am NOt re buying the A-10 nor the K 50, no matter how many new systems they put into them and, If I cant fly them any more I will be very, very picky with my module choices...

I wil no longer buy modules just to colect them....
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:25 AM   #46
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
Why Should I pay again for the same module.
Suppose you buy a new car without A/C. Then say half a year later you change your mind, contact the dealer again and request an A/C retrofit. Should that be free as well?
Old 01-16-2020, 06:21 AM   #47
sunwukong

Default Would you buy a paid upgrade for Huey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
Suppose you buy a new car without A/C. Then say half a year later you change your mind, contact the dealer again and request an A/C retrofit. Should that be free as well?

What if you bought the car under a promise it would get a/c because you wanted a/c. Seven years later they are still advertising that car as getting a/c but it still doesn’t have a/c. Would you pay for an upgrade from them?

Last edited by sunwukong; 01-16-2020 at 06:25 AM.
sunwukong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:15 AM   #48
danvac

@sunwukong, if you bought that car because you would be able to use it after it get a/c upgrade than I can understand that, you won't pay for upgrade.
There are people which are happy with that car even without A/C, because it meets their requirements and they want to get upgraded version.
danvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #49
HC_Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwukong View Post
What if you bought the car under a promise it would get a/c because you wanted a/c. Seven years later they are still advertising that car as getting a/c but it still doesn’t have a/c. Would you pay for an upgrade from them?

Pretty accurately seems up the situation

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures
HC_Official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #50
SFC Tako

I'd pay for a Huey with miniguns properly placed by the big doors instead of right beside the pilots. Also, it could be fun to have twin-sixties at each door instead of miniguns. And how about that 40mm blooper in the front? Perhaps make the cockpit more dirty as well. Last but not least, it'd be total awesomeness to get either the old B- or C-model for gunship duty.
BOTTOM LINE: More Nam stuff, less modern blah blah. Because Nam!