Since the release of the A8 the Spitfire is the unlucky DCS developer

FMAX

First of all I want to say that I have been driving the Spitfire for almost 2 years and I have many hundreds of hours on DCS in Spit. Since the release of 190 A8 I found (my colleague too) 4 bug:

1) the Spit exhaust was at the wing, the fuel gauge and the retrover. The problem was fixed at the first update after the release of the A8

2) The trim is super slow. The problem was fixed at the second and last update after the release of the A8

3) the colimator disappears randomly. still not fixed

4) the moetur goes off without reason in a random way. Still not fixed. Do not tell me it's bad engine management, I want proof that when we managed to land and that we ask for a repair, nothing happens because DCS considers that there is no failure but refuses to restart the engine.

Gentlemen programmers try to be a little more respectful of spitfire drivers. Thank you

Edited by FMAX

First of all I want to say that I have been driving the Spitfire for almost 2 years and I have many hundreds of hours on DCS in Spit. Since the release of 190 A8 I found (my colleague too) 4 bug:

1) the Spit exhaust was at the wing, the fuel gauge and the retrover. The problem was fixed at the first update after the release of the A8

2) The trim is super slow. The problem was fixed at the second and last update after the release of the A8

3) the colimator disappears randomly. still not fixed

4) the moetur goes off without reason in a random way. Still not fixed. Do not tell me it's bad engine management, I want proof that when we managed to land and that we ask for a repair, nothing happens because DCS considers that there is no failure but refuses to restart the engine.

Gentlemen programmers try to be a little more respectful of spitfire drivers. Thank you

this bug number 4 never happen to me.

when now trim works fast omg it was blessign for me this slow trim

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

The thing that bothers me most is that the visors on gunsights don't actually do any sun blocking. Not just the Spitfire, but all aircraft. Must be a thing with the graphics engine.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this bug number 4 never happen to me.

when now trim works fast omg it was blessign for me this slow trim

It happened again tonight on the server of the burning skies to me and two of my friend .

it becomes very painful to fly with the Spitfire. We booked this plane $ 50 so that it does not work so that there are bugs 3 years after its release.:mad:

I guess you are using the open beta. It is a beta version. Bugs are to be expected with every update. So why are you mad?

I understand that it's annoying. I'm annoyed as well, but I decided to use the beta, so I have to live with some bugs. That's just how it is.

only one bug which killing me is this sun light bug going through cocpit and this enormous sun glare everywhere in copit and this is not fixed for ridiculous ammount of time. Is this bug present in dcs for something like over a year and its in release version too.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I guess you are using the open beta. It is a beta version. Bugs are to be expected with every update. So why are you mad?

I understand that it's annoying. I'm annoyed as well, but I decided to use the beta, so I have to live with some bugs. That's just how it is.

I am in open beta but for me the open beta is made to test the new modules and I do not understand that we change the modules that works and in addition do not put anything in the changelog

It's the open beta for the whole sim, not just the new modules. When they introduce new stuff somewhere in the sim and it's effecting older modules, then it's just like it is. I don't think ED expected these issues with the Spitfire, these are just new bugs. And I think they will be fixed as soon as possible.

Btw. the engine died on me yesterday. I had plenty of altitude so I had time to fiddle around. After switching the booster pump on, the engine just started again. I dont know why, as I did not have the fuel pressure warning light on, but it worked. :huh:

It's the open beta for the whole sim, not just the new modules. When they introduce new stuff somewhere in the sim and it's effecting older modules, then it's just like it is. I don't think ED expected these issues with the Spitfire, these are just new bugs. And I think they will be fixed as soon as possible.

Btw. the engine died on me yesterday. I had plenty of altitude so I had time to fiddle around. After switching the booster pump on, the engine just started again. I dont know why, as I did not have the fuel pressure warning light on, but it worked. :huh:

you should get fuel warning light if you forgot to switch fuel pump on its the common think that ppl dont turn on fuel pump. If you dont do that and you will make some positive G manuvers engine will starve of fuel too

I always fly with the fuel pump running and despite that the engine is shut down and refuses to restart even after a repair request.

on what power settings are you flying becouse spit never gave up on me :)

on what power settings are you flying becouse spit never gave up on me :)

I tried several settings since the release of the a8 and nothing makes the engine go suddenly for no reason. I repeat that before the exit of the a8 I never had problem as my colimator did not disappear brutally as now. Yesterday still the engine is cut once and the colimator has disappeared 3 times.

You tell us we shouldn't blame bad engine management yet you don't tell us for long you've been running which power settings.... It's also not just what type of power output you have, but also for how long you have been using it.

You tell us we shouldn't blame bad engine management yet you don't tell us for long you've been running which power settings.... It's also not just what type of power output you have, but also for how long you have been using it.

I will not argue, it's easy to say that if the engine stops it's because of the mismanagement of the driver. But the facts are there: before the arrival of the A8 we had no problem managing the engine or colimateurs or offset exhaust or very slow trim. It is obvious that the Spitfire has been modified and yet there is no kidney in the changelog.

Keyboard rudder bug

By updating the stable version of DCS, EAGLE DYNAMICS has officialized the bugs engine and colimator of Spitfire.

It's really laughing at us

You are spot on with that comment except and they added one major one, for example you now cannot fly the spit if you have a leg disability and have to use the Keyboard zx key for LR rudder (or simply can't afford rudder pedals). The bug sends the rudder into full opposite lock after you release the key- real fun in TO and landing let alone adjusting in flight.

Been accepted by DCS as bug but not much help to the people that rely on a KB to fly it.

You are spot on with that comment except and they added one major one, for example you now cannot fly the spit if you have a leg disability and have to use the Keyboard zx key for LR rudder (or simply can't afford rudder pedals). The bug sends the rudder into full opposite lock after you release the key- real fun in TO and landing let alone adjusting in flight.

Been accepted by DCS as bug but not much help to the people that rely on a KB to fly it.

:(

Another update yesterday DCS OpenBeta and still the bugs of the colimator and the engine that cuts itself. Eagle Dynamics is despicable with customers who bought Spifire.

pls tell me your power settings and when engine cuts out i realy trying but engien works perfect for me. what kind of engine damage are you talking about is it total engine seizure ?? or is it quiting firing but keep spining ??

if engine spining but stop firing this is common error from pilot forgeting to switch electric fuel pump engien quits at high alt or after positive G flight making mechanical fuel pump sucking air in to fuel system, simple fliping electric fuel pump on should fix problem imidietly

Edited by grafspee

Use max 2850rpm and 12lb boost for combat and go no less than 160mph IAS for cooling.

Engine can stand 1 hour at this setting.

Max continuous is 2650rpm @ 7lb boost. Unlimited time.

Use 3000rpm and 18lb only in emergency and keep speed >200mph. Limit 5 mins.

Do not overboost the engine

So if at 2650rpm do not go above 7lb boost.

When reducing power reduce boost first then RPM.

When increasing power increase RPM first then boost.

If you're regularly getting engine failures you are mishandling the engine by either a) overboosting or b) not keeping enough airspeed to provide sufficient airflow for cooling.

pls tell me your power settings and when engine cuts out i realy trying but engien works perfect for me. what kind of engine damage are you talking about is it total engine seizure ?? or is it quiting firing but keep spining ??

if engine spining but stop firing this is common error from pilot forgeting to switch electric fuel pump engien quits at high alt or after positive G flight making mechanical fuel pump sucking air in to fuel system, simple fliping electric fuel pump on should fix problem imidietly

I fly with a BOOST at 12 to 14, the RPM at 3000 I put the WEP in combat (BOOST at 16) before the update of the A8 I had no problem but since the engine is cut, it is not a problem of RPM as when one is hit by a shot is a sudden loss of power and whatever the altitude (I fly between 2 and 8000 feet). It should be noted that yesterday I did not have an unjustified loss of engine just losses of colimateurs.

Use max 2850rpm and 12lb boost for combat and go no less than 160mph IAS for cooling.

Engine can stand 1 hour at this setting.

Max continuous is 2650rpm @ 7lb boost. Unlimited time.

Use 3000rpm and 18lb only in emergency and keep speed >200mph. Limit 5 mins.

Do not overboost the engine

So if at 2650rpm do not go above 7lb boost.

When reducing power reduce boost first then RPM.

When increasing power increase RPM first then boost.

If you're regularly getting engine failures you are mishandling the engine by either a) overboosting or b) not keeping enough airspeed to provide sufficient airflow for cooling.

Thank you for this information but I already knew them more than two years ago that I fly in spitfire without problem before the arrival of the A8 and I did not change my way of stealing more that does not explain the sudden disappearance of the colimator