** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

Please add a key command to reset/centre the trim function of the cyclic trim china hat(trim nose down/up/left/right).

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Keyboard shortcuts for NADIR mode and parameter knobs are missing.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Agreed on a vibration slider, it can be a bit much sometimes.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

DCS stands for realism first and foremost, any "feature" that claims to make things easy (because reasons) should be added as an option, that or change to "game" from "simulation".

The moment we start taking shortcuts and explaining it with: "yeah you know, we don`t have the proper equipment, time, or whatever the hell", that`s when we loose the trademark of the series and approach typical game etc... If I buy a gazelle, I want it to be exactly that, no more no less, as close are possible to real.

Referring to bart86pl`s post and any other asking to make things "easier"

TBH, it really seems funny to me that people assess things as too hard or impossible (whatever really) after flying her for one day... double facepalm (cause one ain`t enough)

tumblr_mmuh7frvev1sr4wq2o1_250.gif

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

being able to Assign the collective/ engine controls to a button/ keyboard, I use a controller to fly all my modules. I have had the gazelle for 2 days now and I am not able to fly because I can not set collective to a button. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vibrations seems to be alright. No issues imho. It's a helicopter, beating the air; not a fixed wing stable platform. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

After few hours with the Gazelle I really feel the requirements for AH should be little less strict. I can fly it and land with no issues but keeping it steady (yaw especially) is really hard.

You are asking to deviate from reality in terms of systems modelling in order to make it easier for yourself. You are by all means entitled to your opinion, but that does make it less realistic, no matter by how much or by which aspect. Maybe they could make you an option or such for easing on the autopilot restrictions?

Problem is, imagine everyone coming with their wishlist regarding what should be eased upon and what not...

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the flight model has to be as close to the real thing as the devs can do.

Yes first it felt jerky and twitchy, but after some stick time it is perfectly flyable and fun. Train more and you will master it. There is no need to change the FM for that!

Yes first it felt jerky and twitchy, but after some stick time it is perfectly flyable and fun. Train more and you will master it. There is no need to change the FM for that!

Exact same for me Tom. I absolutely love this module now, a real blast to fly and very satisfying when you get that landing just right. Guys at Polychop you surpassed yourselves with the Gazelle. It really is a work of art, the attention to detail is breath taking. Thank you all so much, I'm loving your baby right now:thumbup:

OK back to topic, I would like to see a slick civvy version, mainly just to see the difference with the weight change, less drag on top speed etc, but please keep it real as possible :joystick:

Everything else I could possibly wish for is already there except multirole and that is coming in the future :D

Thank you Polychop for such an Awsome piece of work, it really is stunning. :)

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I was having problems also.

Blamed my bad piloting on controls,flight model etc.

So I made a quick little navigation mission and flew the waypoints and by the time I got to hoover dam I was doing good.

I am now able to get the Gazelle flying straight and level with no problems and go hands off and get in the other seat and mess with the stuff over there while going straight and level.

I put in the time and now love the Gazelle.

Keep at it and you will get it.

Thank you Polychop

amazing helo

DCS stands for realism first and foremost, any "feature" that claims to make things easy (because reasons) should be added as an option, that or change to "game" from "simulation".

The moment we start taking shortcuts and explaining it with: "yeah you know, we don`t have the proper equipment, time, or whatever the hell", that`s when we loose the trademark of the series and approach typical game etc... If I buy a gazelle, I want it to be exactly that, no more no less, as close are possible to real.

Referring to bart86pl`s post and any other asking to make things "easier"

TBH, it really seems funny to me that people assess things as too hard or impossible (whatever really) after flying her for one day... double facepalm (cause one ain`t enough)

tumblr_mmuh7frvev1sr4wq2o1_250.gif

+1

You are asking to deviate from reality in terms of systems modelling in order to make it easier for yourself. You are by all means entitled to your opinion, but that does make it less realistic, no matter by how much or by which aspect. Maybe they could make you an option or such for easing on the autopilot restrictions?

Problem is, imagine everyone coming with their wishlist regarding what should be eased upon and what not...

Fair enough, I will practise more.

• ED Team
More realistic flight model. A model who can be flown without adjusting saturation and curvatureof the stick like all Belsimtek product.

different for everyones hardware.

I dont use curves but I have a warthog with an extension

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Autopilot.

Couldn't get my head round the Speed & Altitude AP.

In game they are a spring loaded switch and engagement with the mouse seems random.. Mapped to a button switch was no better neither... BUT mapped to a ON / OFF 2 way switch, all is good - working fine...

Maybe the spring loaded toogle switch on screen needs some TLC or perhaps make it a 3 way ON(alt) - OFF - ON(vi) switch rather than a toggle.

Just a thought... incidentally liking all aspects of the airframe realising of course this is just the beginning... Congrats on that lads..

26743077836_e517cbae1e_c.jpg

SIGBLOCK.png

Definitely getting better with the AH thing after strong coffee and few depth breaths.

I would like an option to inverse the joystick x-axis when controlling the Viviane sight.

+1 to that.

and also for pit shaking lvl slider - its getting annoying especially when you are zoomed in to the camera.

I agree on the first part but I do not think the FM is anywhere near that yet. I'm not going to fly it much in the current version because I'm honestly afraid of learning it wrong. It took me a while to learn flying choppers, I was lucky to get about 3.5hrs in real choppers as well and what I learned in sims translated very very well to the real thing, but it does not translate at all to the Gazelle in its initial/current version, and I'm not talking about the twitchyness of the controls (I got to fly Bo105 and R66 IRL, and both are at least as twitchy).

I do understand the Gazelle is BETA and I do not regret my purchase. I will patiently wait for the FM to improve and I trust Polychop that they will. I also have to admit that I havent even seen a gazelle IRL so I have no clue of how it flies. I just do not think that the Gazelle flies this dramatically different than every other chopper which it currently does.