=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

You're right. The ACG server also doesn't allow export. Darn man, that's a huge shame. I'm also switching to the P-51D since there are way too many 109s now. I empathize greatly with your other thread regarding how difficult it is to be a Pony driver in DCS.

I will say I'm starting to rack up some more points now in Burning Skies when nobody is on the servers and I'm able to load up my P-51D with rockets and shoot up Red's troops with near impunity. At least that task is nearly impossible in the 109.

-SLACK

DoW does have export enabled. I will have to spend some time in there when I see others in the server.

Are there AI active on the server? Watched a 109 fly around forever while it was on fire and now I think it must have not been human.

I'm also switching to the P-51D since there are way too many 109s now. I empathize greatly with your other thread regarding how difficult it is to be a Pony driver in DCS.

If two P-51s are working a target, the third P-51 jumps in instead of covering his teammates. Saw two P-51s collide today too when 4 of them were after the same bandit.:huh:

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

No, no AI fighters intended.

Really?! This guy was on fire and still pulled away. I think it made all the way to Anapa!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Hello, yesterday some players started to do "Kamikaze" attacks in a base, crashing his planes in the ones on the parking.

Also, people disconnected when on his 6 after taking off. Is this some disruptive behaviour? I have pics and track if needed.

that's one of the reasons I left the other day. or they circle the airfield waiting for you to take off and then shoot you down.

Thanks. If such behavior persist I'll use a banhammer or something similar.

that's one of the reasons I left the other day. or they circle the airfield waiting for you to take off and then shoot you down.

Sorry, I mean how do you get it to replay properly? Every time I try to watch a replay it shows me crashing into the ground very shortly after takeoff.

Usually that isn't what happens :P

eekz, Thanks! I fly only in your server on WW2 and for sure is the nicest around, Thanks for making it better, already told some friends to come, we are having nice sorties!

Integrals, is just luck, and if it less than 15m it should work perfect. It depends on the time of the sortie.

Brigg Well, I dont care about getting killed in the runway, this is war afterall, is not nice and I won´t do it but I won´t support the people that disconnect before you catch them, knowing they must deal with someone that is flying, this and kamikazes.

Salute!

I tried to connect to the TS but it requires a passoword. Didn't see one in the briefing.

Other than that, I just finished my first WWII combat sortie ever. Went great until I was on the tail of a 109 that had just gotten shot by AAA. He jumped to spectator :mad:

Also, how long do restarts usually take? It's been down for at least 5 minutes now.

Edit: Nvm the server is back up

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

All information about ATAG teamspeak is available at http://www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/ for registered users.

(afaik they used a password to protect against trolls)

I'd like to note that ATAG TS is an option kindly provided by this community and does not pretend to be the only 'official' TS server. If you have any other TS server in your community, and you don't mind to share it for flying at BS, please do so. It would be much appreciated.

As for restarts, we don't have automatic system, and if DCS crashes or server disappears from lobby it can take some time to me to restart manually. If you can't see server in lobby please report in this thread and I'll restart server asap.

Edited by eekz
  • Like 1

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Ranking formula has been implemented on the web-stats page:

(total_score / takeoffs) * (1 - (1/1.2^flight_time)) * (landings / takeoffs) * (1 - (deaths /takeoffs))

In few words, base number is score per takeoff multiplied by landings percent and by survived percent.

Than this number is multiplied by special coefficient which depends on total flight time:

pubchart?oid=1521225564&format=image

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

did you think of providing a "DCS Simple Radio Server" ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

No, what is it?

By the way check this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2894640#post2894640 :)

:thumbup:

What a pity, I'm going to be at http://www.oldtimer-hahnweide.de on that weekend.

:cry: mugen

lots of fun to all the participants .. :pilotfly:

GIGABYTE Z690 Aorus Elite | i5-12600K | 32 GB DDR4 | 2x 980 NVMe | RTX 4090 | OR CV1 | Pimax 8K | PC360 | 34UM95 | 38GN950 | TIR5 + Track Clip Pro | T-50CM2 | TM Warthog + 27,5 cm extension | MFG Crosswind | Win10Pro x64

I entered the server using vestion 1.5.4.55584 and red and blue labels were on.

I tried the same thing using Beta version 1.5.4.55952 and labels were off.

On both occasions i had labels activated in game options menu.

Might be a bug or something.Just to give you a notice in case that might be used to gain an advantage or something.

Random question: do the 109's have their flare pistols removed intentionally? I've had many cases where I'm ingressing into a furball or trying to find my wingman. It would be much easier if he could shoot a flare so I could ID him a few miles out.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Interesting stats. Eekz is there any way you can provide some data on red vs blue in terms of who's getting ground kills and meeting the scenario's objectives?

Also interesting the extreme lopsidedness of Red vs Blue air to air kills...but makes sense given how much more superior the 109 is to the Mustang.

Thank you very much for this awesome server eekz...the best one by far in MP.

-SLACK