Rift S and 40 FPS on RTX XC ultra 2070

Sirbum

So i went out and bought the 2070 last night which is a huge upgrade over my GTX 1060 3 gig but for some reason in DCS when i turn on the FPS counter it is staying at 40 FPS all the time. i was able to get this with the 1060 though i had lower settings.

why is it sitting at 40 with the 2070. I dont have V sync on in the game or in Nvidia. i dont have it on high settings i believe i just used the VR settings. and like i said it for the most part stays at 40 FPS the whole time.

Is it actully rendering more then 40 FPS? but its saying that because thats for each eye?

my specs are

I7-7700 intel

RTX 2070 XC Ultra (not overclocked past factory)

16 gigs ram

game is on a 500 gig SSD

Yep turn ASW off.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

i have tried the cntrl F1 and F4 thing and saw nothing change other then when i hit cntrl F4 it takes me to a outside view of my plane. But FPS wise i saw no differance. still showed 40. if i look at the sky though i have seen my FPS jump to 80. which seems weird.

If you cannot maintain 80 fps , the headset will default to 40 with ASW on . ASW settings are ctrl+numberpad 1-4 . You can also use the Oculus debug tool in Oculus installation , or the Oculus tray tool (free download) to turn off ASW .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

so part of my issue was i was hitting the wrong keys. i was doing cntrl f1 and not num pad 1. soon as i did that my fps started jumping around from 80 down to 40. Then it just reverted back to 40. So does asw auto turn itself back on? after it reverted to 40 i was not able to get it to change.

I mean 40 FPS doesnt seem to be a problem to fly in, at least its staying there contantly, i would just think that with a 2070 ultra i would be able to maintain 80 FPS

so part of my issue was i was hitting the wrong keys. i was doing cntrl f1 and not num pad 1. soon as i did that my fps started jumping around from 80 down to 40. Then it just reverted back to 40. So does asw auto turn itself back on? after it reverted to 40 i was not able to get it to change.

I mean 40 FPS doesnt seem to be a problem to fly in, at least its staying there contantly, i would just think that with a 2070 ultra i would be able to maintain 80 FPS

You won't be able to maintain 80 fps with any graphic card today.

I use Oculus Tray Tool with a profile for DCS to set ASW off, it stays off fine for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

yeh i was seeing that as i start to back off on grafics here and there i am able to keep it up there the higher i go in the sky. 20K and it seems to stay at the 80. as i look down or get lower it then go back to 40.

Which like i said seems to be fine. i tried doing the flying with the asw off and the Ghosting is just too much for me when looking at the ground. So i would rather play with it on. now i just have to mess with some settings so that i can keep the super sampling at about 1.5 for clear texts and still maintin the 40.

thanks all for the help

yeh i was seeing that as i start to back off on grafics here and there i am able to keep it up there the higher i go in the sky. 20K and it seems to stay at the 80. as i look down or get lower it then go back to 40.

Which like i said seems to be fine. i tried doing the flying with the asw off and the Ghosting is just too much for me when looking at the ground. So i would rather play with it on. now i just have to mess with some settings so that i can keep the super sampling at about 1.5 for clear texts and still maintin the 40.

thanks all for the help

:thumbup:

Have fun!

Odd I don't seem to get a ghosting effect with ASW off, or else I just do not notice it.

Don B