Red Flag Training Missions - F/A-18C - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-30-2019, 09:26 PM   #61
zionid

For some reason pressing "Spacebar" does nothing for me. Can't figure out why... I had the same problem with an m2000 mission from Baltic Dragon. It is NOT bound to anything else. Nothing happens when I press it. Real shame as I would love to enjoy these missions.

Also- might I asked what software you used for the voice overs? It reminds me of another sim Would love to be able to produce similiar voice overs for missions!

Last edited by zionid; 01-30-2019 at 09:29 PM.
zionid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:30 PM   #62
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by zionid View Post
For some reason pressing "Spacebar" does nothing for me. Can't figure out why... I had the same problem with an m2000 mission from Baltic Dragon. It is NOT bound to anything else. Nothing happens when I press it. Real shame as I would love to enjoy these missions.

Also- might I asked what software you used for the voice overs? It reminds me of another sim Would love to be able to produce similiar voice overs for missions!
Check your controls, it must be bound to something else. Either in an external program that interacts with dcs or within DC's itself.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:39 PM   #63
Mower
Veteran

Excellent work...very much appreciated
Old 01-30-2019, 10:06 PM   #64
Snapper

Did the testflight this evening. First problem was my friend was not able get into his jet.It was necessary to switch the F18Cs from Player to Client to make it work, which wasn't really a surprise.
Inside the pit ARTIS worked fine for #1 but wasn't hearable for #2.
Both clients got the text messages and voice messages but the spacebar only worked for #1.

In the BFM area we had to fight two F5 and I got killed during the engagement.
#2 returned to Base and landed but still without any spacebar action.

Overall the mission setup is nice, we really liked the atmosphere. Would be a dream come true to get sufficient ATC and traffic.
Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:56 AM   #65
caponi

Intel Core I7-7700K Socket 1151@4200GHz, 32GB DDR4 - 2133 cl-14
BeQuit 700W, Asus Z270 Strix ROC F, NVidia GTX1080 8GB
3*Samsung SSD 256GB
Phillips 43“ 4K Monitor
Windows10 (64)
caponi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:37 AM   #66
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
Did the testflight this evening.
First of all ... Thank you guys!

Quote:
First problem was my friend was not able get into his jet.It was necessary to switch the F18Cs from Player to Client to make it work, which wasn't really a surprise.
Both clients got the text messages and voice messages but the spacebar only worked for #1.
I tought Player was OK for multi.

My concern for SPACEBAR action was right , it's an HOST only action, that mean I have to create an F10 Menu radio item for every interaction to be sure it's 100% good to go.

Quote:
Some days ago I found that ATIS didn't loop at all in another mission, maybe is this the case?
Did you check radio freq. as 270.10 ? Colt 1-1 and Colt 1-2 shares the same channels in the mission editor... I should check again to be sure.

Quote:
In the BFM area we had to fight two F5 and I got killed during the engagement.
#2 returned to Base and landed but still without any spacebar action.
That's what I told you , some triggers are for Colt 1-1 only in this test version.

Quote:
Overall the mission setup is nice, we really liked the atmosphere. Would be a dream come true to get sufficient ATC and traffic.

Just you wait!

Yesterday I've made my first full "ATC compliant" AI group for the SEAD mission ... jeez man that was awesome!
Cant wait to make the second one and make a video of the result of three Blue groups launching from Nellis

Last edited by beppe_goodoldrebel; 01-31-2019 at 03:03 PM.
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:46 AM   #67
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Check gun trigger key is not "SPACEBAR" in the keyboard commands.
If so , give it another one and retry.

Quote:
Free TTS websites , there are many around.
Springfield 1-1 and SHOWTIME are my voice , if they have italian accent you know why
All are mixed up with Audacity for radio noise effect.

Speaking of voice overs, some days ago I've added +10db to ALL of them to be more audible in game. Will be available in the next release.

Last edited by beppe_goodoldrebel; 01-31-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #68
danny875

Great mission set, only tried a couple so far..
Just a question on day 2 I think where you refuel and then engage the two F5s,
After hit passed WP 2 I think where you are then told to find the tanker on 26Y, I found him and flew towards him but I wasn’t sure how to contact for fuel?
I just tried all the frequencies until I got a reply, is that right or did I miss something?

At the merge with the F5s how do we employ the TST ordinance?
Is it a laser shot or something?
Anyway, every time I hit the trigger DCS crashes, I believe there is a fix for a similar bug where changing from CAP to TST would crash DCS.

Anyway great work,

Cheers
danny875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:21 PM   #69
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe_goodoldrebel View Post
First of all ... Thank you guys!

Some days ago I found that ATIS didn't loop at all in another mission, maybe is this the case?
Did you check radio freq. as 270.10 ? Colt 1-1 and Colt 1-2 shares the same channels in the mission editor... I should check again to be sure
We checked the frequency while standing on the ramp. Both jets were listening to 270.10 but while #1 got the ATIS loop #2 heared nothing from ATIS.
Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:46 PM   #70
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
We checked the frequency while standing on the ramp. Both jets were listening to 270.10 but while #1 got the ATIS loop #2 heared nothing from ATIS.
Try this new iteration.

-Colt 1-2 can activate triggers
- no more spacebar , F10 menu items ( dont trust messages , I didnt changed them )
- ATIS should be ok now but I had a problem in the end when about to landing... I swear it's all good.. DCS is going mad.

Let me know!
Attached Files
File Type: miz BFM Training_COOP_TEST_V2.miz (3.11 MB, 7 views)