Red Flag Training Missions - F/A-18C - Page 13 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #121
imacken

I got back after a few days away, and gave the NTTR formation mission a go again (and again and again!) and I am still getting nowhere with it.
Thanks for doing the ATC video, but I am no further forward. I don't doubt this is entirely down to me, but...
So, on your video, at 4'00" you see stuff on 'Other' that I don't ever see. Similarly, when on the ground, I don't see any of the items you are showing on the 'Other' menu, and I guess this is my issue. Clearly, if I don't see that, then I don't get the parking instruction. I just get the usual 'Taxi to parking area' from ATC.
All I see is F1. ATC_DECLARE EMERGENCY in 'Other'. This also means I can't acknowledge the ATIS info as that option never shows either.
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · HTC Vive Pro
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:51 PM   #122
beppe_goodoldrebel

That rings me a bell. Do you have the latest version of the mission?
Try to download all again and retry.

Anyway, try some other mission and see if this happen also in the them.

EDIT: remember also that in this particular mission , the F-5 Group ( Springfield 1-1 ) is the one that enables you to select ATIS information. This is because you are tasked to fly in formation with that group.
It may sound too obvious but I dont want to exclude anything.

Last edited by beppe_goodoldrebel; 02-24-2019 at 02:33 PM.
beppe_goodoldrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #123
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryzor View Post
Can we get the updated version?
Will upload it this week with other fixes/features hopefully.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #124
Gryzor

Many thanks!
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:43 PM   #125
imacken

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe_goodoldrebel View Post
That rings me a bell. Do you have the latest version of the mission?
Try to download all again and retry.

Anyway, try some other mission and see if this happen also in the them.

EDIT: remember also that in this particular mission , the F-5 Group ( Springfield 1-1 ) is the one that enables you to select ATIS information. This is because you are tasked to fly in formation with that group.
It may sound too obvious but I dont want to exclude anything.
So, what does that mean? I’m flying with the Springfield group.
Intel i7 8700 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · HTC Vive Pro
Old 02-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #126
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
So, what does that mean? I’m flying with the Springfield group.
Nevermind, this is the trigger of the last version.

It means you (Colt 1-1) have to be inside the last waypoint to activate the radio menu for select Information.

FLAG IS FALSE( 8 ) means you dont have activated the ATC Emergency procedure.

I've made a little change in the trigger , I'll send you via PM the mission.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:20 PM   #127
imacken

Thanks for the mission, however, it has made no difference.
Obviously, I can't spend the time testing doing the whole 45 minute tour each time, so this is what I do.
1) the whole startup procedure, including all ATC
2) follow Springfield 1-1 and 1-2 into the air
3) head towards wp5 for about 30 miles,
4) turn back towards wp6 (the last way point).
I get near Nellis, reach wp6, etc. but at no point do I get any entries on 'Other' apart from ATC DECLARE EMERGENCY.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #128
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
3) head towards wp5 for about 30 miles,
4) turn back towards wp6 (the last way point).

WP5 is the last waypoint I meant. This is where the trigger you see in the post before is enabled.
The trigger area is here , you have to be exactly on it to make it work.

Anyway , I've tested this mission 3 times now today. Never got a single problem.

I try to make a list of things you should check ( just to be sure everything is as I've done ):

- put the mission I've send you via PM in the single mission folder of the F18 , DON'T for ANY reason replace or play the campaign version.

-forget about Springfield 1-1 , after take off move directly to WP5.

- once near waypoint 5 make sure you just run over it.
This is when RADIO ITEM are added.

-check "F10.Other" menu.

If you have done all and it does not work I think you should check to remove every possible mods and/or check DCS installation.

Last edited by beppe_goodoldrebel; 02-24-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #129
imacken

Sorry, I assumed that the last waypoint was the one before Nellis, i.e. wp6.
So, I tried with wp5, and yes, when I go over wp5, the correct entry in 'Other' appears. I clicked on 'Information Bravo' (I think!)was told to retune to Nellis approach, di that and all was good. I got the 'go to parking F135' type thing and the score was 100.
That is all good.
Although the correct item appears under 'Other' when going through wp5, it disappears again, and it seems a very tight criteria to get this to appear. Is that correct? How would a player even know that was how to get that option to show without all the useful contributions you have made here?
Old 02-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #130
beppe_goodoldrebel

Quote:
Although the correct item appears under 'Other' when going through wp5, it disappears again, and it seems a very tight criteria to get this to appear. Is that correct? How would a player even know that was how to get that option to show without all the useful contributions you have made here?
If you stick close to Springfield 1-1 at WP5 you should hear him say to grab ATIS and land at Nellis.I've already add a message to player's group to help him check F10 menu, will add it to the next update.

Once selected the right information ( you can check CH2 COMM2 to hear ATIS again ) all radio items are removed and a message to contact Approach on CH6 COMM2 will appear.
I'm glad we finally made it through!

Meanwhile at Nellis there's a lot of traffic!

Last edited by beppe_goodoldrebel; 02-24-2019 at 09:54 PM.