VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 186 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #1851
Snacko

If a Mission Maker 'adds' his own commands to the Comms Menu's F10 sub-menu, then they will be imported if you have that option selected 'Import F10 menus' within the VAICOM settings.

Have you ever flown a mission where someone put some commands in the F10 menu? On some servers I've flown the Huey where they have added F10 commands to load Troops, or load equipment so you can transport it. Then when you land you can Deploy the troops or equipment.

You won't see these commands on the F10 menu unless the mission maker added them. ;-)

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:30 PM   #1852
Sadist_Cain

Hollywood, it's here...

Sadist_Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #1853
slicker55

@Snacko

Cheers, I knew some would know!
slicker55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:18 PM   #1854
the_soupdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snacko View Post
If a Mission Maker 'adds' his own commands to the Comms Menu's F10 sub-menu, then they will be imported if you have that option selected 'Import F10 menus' within the VAICOM settings.

Have you ever flown a mission where someone put some commands in the F10 menu? On some servers I've flown the Huey where they have added F10 commands to load Troops, or load equipment so you can transport it. Then when you land you can Deploy the troops or equipment.

You won't see these commands on the F10 menu unless the mission maker added them. ;-)

Thanks Snako

But I am still a little confused.

OK.

So we dont have to manually import the commands they are automatically imported into Vaicom. Correct?
Then why does the manual say you wont be able to use them imediately. you must import them??

If I want to fly a single player campaign (ARGO campaign or the UN campaign) there are usually a whole load of commands on the F10 menu How do I use these commands in DCS? how do I know what the keywords are and the voice commands to issue these commandss

Maybe I'm just being dense or just missing something but I just cant get to grips with this for some reason its just not clicking.

maybe someone can talk me through in baby steps just how to do this.

Cheers
SD
Old 03-13-2019, 03:48 PM   #1855
Snacko

Sorry, I thought you just didn't understand what these new F10 commands were.. I have not used this feature.

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -
-- Thread -- ♥ Download
Snacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #1856
cabzi

Hollywood, after today’s Vaicom update I can’t access configuration menu. Any clues, please?
Old 03-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #1857
Atelophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
Hey guys, some notes:

@Atelophobia Very low recognition rates usually point to a problem with your mic/device routing setup.
You need to spend time with the manual and ref tables: all commands for radio tuning menu control etc. are already there i.e. no need to add anything.
BTW You can also use the German recognition engine if you prefer: make a translation of the English keywords to German and export your .csv file to share with the community
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=1636
Thank you Hollywood_315 !

I ll admit I didnt have too much time with both manuals. But when going through roughly it felt like most stuff is not yet important for me. I struggled with the basics. Even with basics like radios and radio tools work in DCS and what is important, Same for combining all those tools like discord, TS3 plugins etc in usefull warthog and VA profiles. Another reason was the annoying messingaround with windows speech settings all over the place andgoing through the boring speech recognition twice. Especially as a Dad - time is valueable
I ll try to go through again. I also prefer sticking to english. My DCS as well as Steam is set to english too. Its just Win itself which I prefer in german.
Beside that I want to take advantage of the work others did and offer. No need to do all by myself.

Going to test with microphone of headset plus microphone of my Vive pro tonight again, My confidence level gets better. But what about the needed settings in Win. They dont matter? Also speech recognition test was always in german. No matter how hard I tried

So most time went into basics instead of getting known to VA and VAICOM.

I ll try harder.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #1858
Eaglewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soupdragon View Post
Thanks Snako

But I am still a little confused.

OK.

So we dont have to manually import the commands they are automatically imported into Vaicom. Correct?
Then why does the manual say you wont be able to use them imediately. you must import them??

If I want to fly a single player campaign (ARGO campaign or the UN campaign) there are usually a whole load of commands on the F10 menu How do I use these commands in DCS? how do I know what the keywords are and the voice commands to issue these commandss

Maybe I'm just being dense or just missing something but I just cant get to grips with this for some reason its just not clicking.

maybe someone can talk me through in baby steps just how to do this.

Cheers
SD
I am hoping I understand the issue here

How about using the Take1, Take 2,............. Take 12 voice commands

These command invoke the corresponding F1............... F12 commands in the comms menu.

So for F10 command to display custom radio for certain campaign mission, you call out Take 10 and this will invoke F10 and it goes like that. To select whatever is next on the menu like F4, you call out Take4.

I am assuming here that you want to be able to use the regular F1-F12 comms command in dcs.

Last edited by Eaglewings; 03-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #1859
Dispatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabzi View Post
Hollywood, after today’s Vaicom update I can’t access configuration menu. Any clues, please?

After todays dcs update and addition of F14
Same here

Try Lctrl Lalt V (not C)

Last edited by Dispatch; 03-13-2019 at 05:54 PM. Reason: found in commands
Dispatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #1860
DutchCoolHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
After todays dcs update and addition of F14
Same here

Try Lctrl Lalt V (not C)