VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 183 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #1821
Horns

When Airio is released, will there be a bundle deal for Airio and Vaicom Pro with Chatter Themes, or will the cost be the same if I buy the Vaicom Pro/Chatter themes bundle now?
MFG Crosswind
Naturalpoint TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
Razer Orbweaver Stealth
Corsair K70 RGB LUX
SteelSeries Rival 600
Intel i7-8770K
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 Ti
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB DDR4 Corsair 3000 C15

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [FA-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis]
Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #1822
Weegie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCoolHand View Post
trying to understand something, I have been adding new commands and recording the words for it. Looking at my profile I see certain commands listed under a header (voice disabled) What does that mean?

why do certain commands show in groups, my last 2 commands are under the spoken section of the profile. my success rate with the new words is about 60%. Some days it works really well others none of them do.

Voice Disabled means just that, these commands are not voice exectuted. Voice Attack can execute commands from Dx buttons, Voice, Keyboard strokes etc: If you open the command you will see the option at the top and a check box next to it

Some commands are grouped because that's the Plug In which is beyoond my level of expertese.

If you are on'yt getting a 60% hit rate repeat the voiice training a few time then do the training on VAICOM specifically as detaied in the manual.

It's a big manual but there is a lot of stuff in there and Hollywood has done a great job with it IMHO, you'd pick up a lot iif yoou take the time to go through both it and the Voice Attack manual.

I'm not having a go it's a PIA to do all that reading (ask me how I know), but it is worth the hassle IMHO
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:56 AM   #1823
tmansteve

Great stuff Hollywood. This is turning into something very special. I was looking at the Aliases and thought I would try to add one for the Open\Close Canopy. Tried it with no luck as I have now made some commands to import. Should I delete my Lua file and try again? No worries if it cannot be fixed as I will make a load of commands to import saving any problems.

A fantastic idea with SRS, can't wait to have a go.
tmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #1824
Guppy

Hello - When extracting the Viacom folder in the zipfile to the Voiceattack/Apps folder nothing happens. No initialization is done in creating additional folders. is the .dll file broken? I'm using the latest updated zip from your site.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #1825
DutchCoolHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
Voice Disabled means just that, these commands are not voice exectuted. Voice Attack can execute commands from Dx buttons, Voice, Keyboard strokes etc: If you open the command you will see the option at the top and a check box next to it
I read the manual when I get t it a few months back, I just read it again, it seems that I should use TX6 for my commands but I can’t find how to map TX6.
Secondly what do you mean not voice executed? I can push one of the transmit buttons, say the word and it will execute the appropriate key press. I have entered the word in the part where is shows “when I say....”
Old 03-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #1826
Weegie

Hi Dutch

It means that the particular command cannot be executed when you say something. Obviously it would become really confusing if your push to talk buttons could be activated via a voice command, so they are voiice disabled and only operated by a Dx button or keyboard sequence

When you use PTT you are telling VA to listen, it then exectues other separate commands within the plug in, so the PTTs start and stop the listening

Tx6 is an additional Tx which is in addition to the 5 normally employed by VAICOM (4 for the radios and 1 for the ground intercomm)

If you open the VAICOM profile by clicking on the box with the arrow just to the left of the profile window then open the Push to Talk list you should see Tx 1 to 6 and you can set it in there

Hollywood did a video on You Tube the bit about push to talk is around 5:08, but it would be useful to listen to the full thing

There is another video where he does an update too whiich is useful

I hope that helps
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #1827
DutchCoolHand

Thank you for all the advise, I was able to include TX6 and use that now to issue my commands.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #1828
PipN

Hi Hollywood, I have just purchased Vaicom Pro and having installed it (window 10) DCS World + Open Beta on a separate SSD.
Initially having played with voice attack and been happy that it worked, I got VAICOM and it also to appeared to work, but having set up PTT I had no ground Comms, I could "talk"to my AI wingman but Voice Attack recognised my commands but reported a purple dot (awaiting additional input) Also using the JTAC it appeared not to reply with the Nine Line, but printed it out on the Voice Attack Display??
I have been though the voice training and apart from French names it appears to be happy with my BBC English!! So what have I missed/miss installed? is it possible to uninstall and do a clean install?
Cheers
PipN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #1829
Atelophobia

Bought and installed VA and Vaicom Pro. Installation seems ok but I’m overwhelmed by getting into it even with manual. First I guess I need to find out WHAT I need and then how to do it. (Using DCS radio options, Discord, SRS/Uradio, TS for the plugins for SRS/UR, discord plus those two tools)

Two major issuesto start with:

Looks like somehow my german windows still doesn’t like my english after two german voice trainings and installed english voice support for win 10. My confidence level is always 20-40.

Another thing: the Vaicom preset doesn’t seem to be helpful or I get it wrong. Does it even have commands for the nummeric radio menu? Can it be combined with additional profiles?
Guess I ll have to add a lot of stuff for the upcoming F14.

Any hints?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #1830
Mainstay

Im having problems with connecting the ground air supply for no obvious reason.
Im doing a cold start in the F-5 and no matter how many times i ask for " Chief connect ground air supply" it just doesnt work......
Voiceattack recognized it at 99% !!! (see thumbnail)
What can i do about this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chief connect ground air supply.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	206113  

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack