VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

However I am still a little confused by this part of the Manual

Importing F10 Menus

Some missions make use of the ‘Other’(F10) menu for special commands. If in Preferences the option ‘Import F10 Menus’ is enabled the F10 menu items will be added to the keyword database. The imported keywords cannot be used immediately, the updated keywords list must first be added to the VA profile. See Keywords Editor section in the Configuration Window chapter.

It still seems to me that something needs to be imported into Vaicom.

The above post allows me to navigate the F10 menus using the take command, but to me the manual seems to imply that there is a different (Better?) way to use the F10 menus.

It seems to me that the way the manual is worded that the take command is fine for just navigating the F10 menu but to make best use of the F10 "Other" menu you have to import keywords into Vaicom

Maybe I'm looking to much into this but it just has me a bit confused and I would like to get some clarification on this.

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Aha

Sorry for late response I have been a bit distracted by the F-14 :)

Thanks for replying.

So if there is a mission based F10 menu choice to embark troops under F10 - menu item 4- Menu Item 2

I would just need to say Options(to bring up the F10 menu) - Take4 (to choose menu option 4) - Take2 (to choose Menu Option 2)..... I assume that is correct?

Looks like I just couldnt see the wood for the trees. I was thinking it was really complicated and it seems to actually be quite a simple task.

Ding. Penny drops

Thanks for the help EagleWing

SD

Yes correct.

In the custom made missions in have played where some unique radio comms were embedded in the F10, I would call out

Take 10 and this will bring menus on the F10 radio list and if the radio command I am looking for is on F3, I will then call out take3 and whatever is on F3 is involved.

Cheers.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I have a similar problem, in that the F14 does not show up in the PTT page nor is it working in the module.. all other modules seem to be working. Any other workaround but re-installing the software twice?

[sIGPIC]If you are still under control you are not going fast enough[/sIGPIC]

@Kazius This is caused by the Garmin NS340: you'll need to disable it. PM sent.

@Rangoon I get that this occurs with the KA-50 only. Any other apps running at the same time?

Can you have a look if dcs.log telling you anything.

@Harker That's interesting about those oil and gas platforms, can you PM me a link to the .miz file to test with please.

@All for the F-14 you need to be on the latest plugin build 2.5.9.2. There was a bug (now fixed) that prevents download from completing when Audio Redirect is switched on.

You can try again with Redirect switched off or download the latest VAICOMPRO.dll from the website and replace manually.

If the F-14 is not recognised carefully inspect your lua files install any other apps you may have running e.g. in export.lua.

@SD If you enable the F10 import option and fly a mission for the first time, the menu items are added to the keywords database (phrases starting with 'Action').

Apply the finish steps and next time you fly the mission you can call the items directly with voice command without invoking any menu.

Alternatively you can use @Eaglewings approach also.

:pilotfly:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood.

So for something like the Through the Inferno missions I should use the import keywords option as these menus are unlikely to change.

But in DLC campaigns or campaigns in general I should use the take command option as the menus can change from mission to mission.

Would that be correct?

Sorry to keep going on about this but I just want to get it clear in my head.

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

@Harker That's interesting about those oil and gas platforms, can you PM me a link to the .miz file to test with please.

PM sent :thumbup:

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I have a similar problem, in that the F14 does not show up in the PTT page nor is it working in the module.. all other modules seem to be working. Any other workaround but re-installing the software twice?

Same issue, however, if I go to the select role page and load in a Hornet, then VCP displays the F14 instead of the F18, then I select role again and go back to the F14, it(the F14) is then still displayed in the VCP PTT window. Pretty odd.

I downloaded 2.5.9.2 from the website and replaced the .dll, checked LUA for anything other than the VCP entry, and the problem is still persistent.

+++ NEWS UPDATE: French dictionary avaliable +++

multilanguage_2_orig.png

france_orig.png

Attention mes amis Francais!

Olivier Gaming a réalisé un excellent travail en produisant un dictionnaire français complet pour VAICOM PRO.

Vous pouvez maintenant piloter tous les avions en français en utilisant le logiciel de reconnaissance Windows français.

Chapeau bas!

Attention my French friends!

Olivier Gaming has done a great job with producing a complete French dictionary for VAICOM PRO.

You can now fly all aircraft while speaking French and using the Windows French recognition engine.

Hats off!

Youtube_41206.png

Olivier Gaming YouTube channel: Aimez et abonnez-vous! Like and subscribe

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvghcDSMWXUjLEjFcBBumVw

Téléchargez le fichier du dictionnaire ici:

Download the French dictionary file here:

ED User Files section

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303890/?sphrase_id=16589428

P.S. apologies for my terrible French :D

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Rangoon I get that this occurs with the KA-50 only. Any other apps running at the same time?

Can you have a look if dcs.log telling you anything.

Hi Hollywood, the only thing I can find in dcs.log that seems related are a great many lines like this:

2019-03-14 23:54:52.400 ERROR SOUND: can't load wave: "sounds\speech\sound\rus\common\disabled_player\callsign\kobuleti"

I assume this is normal due to having Disable Player Voice selected? Not sure. Is there anything else I should look for in the log?

Also, this happens with UH-1 as well as Ka-50. Not sure about other modules.

As for other apps running along with DCS, I generally do have the following:

TARGET GUI

GPU-Z

HWMonitor

SimShaker for Aviators (and JetSeat Handler)

MFD4CTS

Oculus

DCS Updater/Launcher GUI Utility

Notepad

Anything problematic here?

I'm trying to air refuel. When I say "Ready Precontact", VA only recognizes it as "Prix Contact". So I went through the 500 word training (skipping almost every airport in PG Map because it was impossible to get the computer to understand any of it), "Precontact" was recognized correctly by the training and Microsoft microphone thingy, went back in game and VA still only recognizes "Prix Contact". How do I fix this?

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

How do I fix this?

here you go mate...

this will sort you out

:thumbup:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Perfect thank you! I thought it was being appropriately trained in the VAICOM training.

EDIT: I'm also running into problems In the VAICOM training where Windows thinks I'm giving OS commands when I say words like "Copy" (it'll highlight and copy the proceeding words) and "Strike" (it will delete the next word I say). When I say "Go to 'X'", Windows will just place the cursor in front of 'X' instead of registering the training phrase.

In-game when speaking to my wingman, "Two" registers as "To" ~75% of the time. "RTB" is usually "are TB" even though RTB is a manually entered dictionary word. With AWACS "Request Vector to 'X'" registers in VA correctly but AWACS doesn't respond.

Etc. etc. etc.

I'm on day two, hour 8-ish of trying to set this up with a <50% in-game success rate so frustrations are clearly starting to mount. I'm in a quiet room with a good mic, sound is through headphones, and I speak and clearly annunciate unaccented American English. In the training I have a >95% recognition rate on almost every word (minus airport names). Manual is read, tutorials watched and I can't seem to get this to work worth a damn. Is this the typical experience?

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

When importing a third party profile, it states: Error loading profile data (data is corrupt). (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.) Any ideas what may be happening. Never had a problem importing before.

Edit: To check, I deleted a previously imported profile and tried to import again...same statement.

@lazerwolf OK can you try and reproduce this across other missions and PM me with a link to your dcs.log please thanks.

@Hollywood I also noticed that if I go to select role and select another F14 THEN go back to the first one I selected, then it displays the F14 in the Vaicom PTT window, so, I can select any aircraft including the F14 then back to the first one I selected and it's ok. I also PM'd you as you requested.

Thanks!

Noob Question - Vaicompro no response

Hi I'm new to DCS and purchased VA and Vaicompro with Chatter a few days back. I followed the install instructions etc. But I'm having issues with 1. The radio's in the Aircraft are not Auto Selecting when I set PTT to TX4 Sel/Auto and I have Select Tunes Radio checked in Preferences and I have to manually tune them 2. When I issue voice commands nothing appears on the small VA screen I'm assuming the AI is not getting my command as there is no response. I did the keyword training and most words are between 80-95% recognition.

Am I missing something assistance appreciated.

@Shane2604

Welcome, my advice... when starting out with DCS, expect a STEEP learning curve!

You might be better off picking a specific aircraft and getting acquainted with it before getting involved with Vaicom Pro.

Highly recommend you watch these:

There is quite a bit to cover so suggest you tackle one thing at a time...

First thoughts are that either your microphone isn't configured properly or you don't have your TX switches/buttons assigned properly.

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Hi Slicker55 thanks for the advise I spend most time trying to learn F18C although have most of the other aircraft. I think my mic is fine as I use it for Voice Training in Vaicom. With regard to the TX switches I have them bound with Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS on buttons 3,4,5 and 6 with both listening and suspended on each button. This could be the issue as the set up instructions for this area aren't really crystal clear if you have some screen shots that might be handy for me to look at and compare with mine.

Hello.

Have a couple of issues getting VoiceAttack up and running with VAICOM PRO 2.5 installed.

1. PTT displays ---- no matter which aircraft I use. I've followed the latest tutorial video and delete the export.lua file + forced config screen to the correct DCS folder.

2. The comms menu on the top right displays on and off every 30 seconds. I don't have the comms menu binded to any key or button in the adjust controls screen.

Any help would be appreciated. I've installed everything and run as admin. Reinstalled multiple times now and both issues remain.

I'm running v1.7.3 (VoiceAttack) and 2.5.9.2 (VAICOM PRO)

Edited by pilotngb

@Vaicom devs: Are you planning to include Jester AI commands in the VAICOM pro profile?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3835741&postcount=1866

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hello, I'm new in vaicom pro and not native english speaker...by now, i want to say take 1, take ... For navigate options. Is posible to show the on screen options menu in the moment i push TX button for reference without have to say"options"? Thanks