VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 189 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 AM   #1881
the_soupdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglewings View Post
I am hoping I understand the issue here

How about using the Take1, Take 2,............. Take 12 voice commands

These command invoke the corresponding F1............... F12 commands in the comms menu.

So for F10 command to display custom radio for certain campaign mission, you call out Take 10 and this will invoke F10 and it goes like that. To select whatever is next on the menu like F4, you call out Take4.

I am assuming here that you want to be able to use the regular F1-F12 comms command in dcs.

Aha

Sorry for late response I have been a bit distracted by the F-14

Thanks for replying.

So if there is a mission based F10 menu choice to embark troops under F10 - menu item 4- Menu Item 2

I would just need to say Options(to bring up the F10 menu) - Take4 (to choose menu option 4) - Take2 (to choose Menu Option 2)..... I assume that is correct?

Looks like I just couldnt see the wood for the trees. I was thinking it was really complicated and it seems to actually be quite a simple task.

Ding. Penny drops

Thanks for the help EagleWing

SD
Old 03-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #1882
the_soupdragon

However I am still a little confused by this part of the Manual

Importing F10 Menus
Some missions make use of the ‘Other’(F10) menu for special commands. If in Preferences the option ‘Import F10 Menus’ is enabled the F10 menu items will be added to the keyword database. The imported keywords cannot be used immediately, the updated keywords list must first be added to the VA profile. See Keywords Editor section in the Configuration Window chapter.

It still seems to me that something needs to be imported into Vaicom.

The above post allows me to navigate the F10 menus using the take command, but to me the manual seems to imply that there is a different (Better?) way to use the F10 menus.
It seems to me that the way the manual is worded that the take command is fine for just navigating the F10 menu but to make best use of the F10 "Other" menu you have to import keywords into Vaicom

Maybe I'm looking to much into this but it just has me a bit confused and I would like to get some clarification on this.

SD
Old 03-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #1883
Eaglewings

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_soupdragon View Post
Aha

Sorry for late response I have been a bit distracted by the F-14

Thanks for replying.

So if there is a mission based F10 menu choice to embark troops under F10 - menu item 4- Menu Item 2

I would just need to say Options(to bring up the F10 menu) - Take4 (to choose menu option 4) - Take2 (to choose Menu Option 2)..... I assume that is correct?

Looks like I just couldnt see the wood for the trees. I was thinking it was really complicated and it seems to actually be quite a simple task.

Ding. Penny drops

Thanks for the help EagleWing

SD
Yes correct.
In the custom made missions in have played where some unique radio comms were embedded in the F10, I would call out

Take 10 and this will bring menus on the F10 radio list and if the radio command I am looking for is on F3, I will then call out take3 and whatever is on F3 is involved.

Cheers.
Eaglewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #1884
VampireOne

I have a similar problem, in that the F14 does not show up in the PTT page nor is it working in the module.. all other modules seem to be working. Any other workaround but re-installing the software twice?
Old 03-15-2019, 09:24 AM   #1885
Hollywood_315

@Kazius This is caused by the Garmin NS340: you'll need to disable it. PM sent.

@Rangoon I get that this occurs with the KA-50 only. Any other apps running at the same time?
Can you have a look if dcs.log telling you anything.

@Harker That's interesting about those oil and gas platforms, can you PM me a link to the .miz file to test with please.

@All for the F-14 you need to be on the latest plugin build 2.5.9.2. There was a bug (now fixed) that prevents download from completing when Audio Redirect is switched on.
You can try again with Redirect switched off or download the latest VAICOMPRO.dll from the website and replace manually.
If the F-14 is not recognised carefully inspect your lua files install any other apps you may have running e.g. in export.lua.

@SD If you enable the F10 import option and fly a mission for the first time, the menu items are added to the keywords database (phrases starting with 'Action').
Apply the finish steps and next time you fly the mission you can call the items directly with voice command without invoking any menu.
Alternatively you can use @Eaglewings approach also.

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #1886
the_soupdragon

Thanks Hollywood.
So for something like the Through the Inferno missions I should use the import keywords option as these menus are unlikely to change.

But in DLC campaigns or campaigns in general I should use the take command option as the menus can change from mission to mission.

Would that be correct?

Sorry to keep going on about this but I just want to get it clear in my head.

Cheers
SD
Old 03-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #1887
Harker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post

@Harker That's interesting about those oil and gas platforms, can you PM me a link to the .miz file to test with please.

PM sent
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700k @4.9GHz, EVGA GTX1080Ti KINGPIN, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 @3000CL15, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|TM Warthog w/extension, 3 TM Cougar MFDs, MT desk mounts, TM rudder pedals, TrackIR w/Pro clip, Win10 x64 Home|
F/A-18C, F-14, AV8B, A-10C, M2000C, P-51D, Sptifire, BS2, FC3, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:55 PM   #1888
Kazius

Just wanted to thank you for your very fast response. I look forward to the addition F-14 pack you have coming in the near future.
Kazius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #1889
lazerwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireOne View Post
I have a similar problem, in that the F14 does not show up in the PTT page nor is it working in the module.. all other modules seem to be working. Any other workaround but re-installing the software twice?
Same issue, however, if I go to the select role page and load in a Hornet, then VCP displays the F14 instead of the F18, then I select role again and go back to the F14, it(the F14) is then still displayed in the VCP PTT window. Pretty odd.

I downloaded 2.5.9.2 from the website and replaced the .dll, checked LUA for anything other than the VCP entry, and the problem is still persistent.
lazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:10 AM   #1890
Hollywood_315

@lazerwolf OK can you try and reproduce this across other missions and PM me with a link to your dcs.log please thanks.

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack