Can F-16 do this? I don't think so :D

Kusch

That's the thing... if you are in a war (not just fighting a war outside your own country) and have enemy attacking your bases and runways I don't think people would be in position to clean every little piece of dirt of the runways which is why russian military hardware is better suited in these conditions... at least that's how I see it :)

MiG-29 can operate on airbase in the front line... F-16 can't as it need a "clean" operating take off and landing surface... which makes the MiG-29 a real war machine :D same as P-40 during WWII :D (did I mention I loved flying the P-40 in IL-2? ;) that thing's got right "character")

No longer active in DCS...

That's another story MoGas. It brings up what I wrote in my last phrase- it's all about personnel's attitude toward the aircraft. What makes you think that russian a/c don't suffer FODs or weathering operating from off-road runways and stored outside hangars like those 31's? But don't get me wrong- I have experience both with russian and US-built a/c and I confirm from personal experience that russian hardware is more durable and forgiving in many aspects. However, I disrespect the imposed attitude that russian a/c can be thrown away for years and then brought back in service just like that- it ain't gonna happen. All comes to one thing- how long you plan to operate given aircraft. Russian a/c have much shorter service life while from decades the US are constantly making researches of how to extend it. Just take a look at the AMARC, it's the best example out there- there you could see everything from WWII prop plane up to latest block F-16 and F-15- preserved and stored for the future. Some of these planes are scrapped, others serve as spair parts source, and some are bought back to service. That's something I highly respect, the richest country in the world takes into account every single bolt and nut. I read somewhere that the AMARC saves about 800 million $ of the military budget every year by means of spair parts and reserve planes... A number that every country should aim for...

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Well I didn`t say that the russian a/c getting no FODs or wheathering from store outside off the hangar! And I agree with you, you can`t put

MiG`s or SU`s for years in the desert or sibirian landscape and firing up the engine and were make a flight to Moscow and back that`s clear!!

What I was posting on my first post was just the point that F-16`s can`t

operate on this bases like russian planes! thats it

:joystick:

Well I didn`t say that the russian a/c getting no FODs or wheathering from store outside off the hangar! And I agree with you, you can`t put

MiG`s or SU`s for years in the desert or sibirian landscape and firing up the engine and were make a flight to Moscow and back that`s clear!!

What I was posting on my first post was just the point that F-16`s can`t

operate on this bases like russian planes! thats it

:joystick:

. . . . but F-16s don't have to operate under those conditions, so why design that into them?

I'm intrigued by the photos of the chaps on rollerblades defodding things.

Do the blades get a military designation? :D

My favourite rough-strip aircraft is the Jaguar. I've seen a clip somewhere of one taking off from the grass along the side of the runway . . . . !

Regarding real war planes. The toughest test is the battle field. You may make fun of the F-16 as you want, but 65-0 kill ratio and the mission to wipe the Iraqui reactor are nothing to laugh about.

The raid on the reactor was probably the toughest combat test ever made on any jet in difficult enviroment and at extreme range. Conditions wich would cause all other types of its class to drop out of the sky in the attempt. At the time there was no 8 ton fighter capable of duplicating that type of attack. A Mig-29 would flamout over saudi arabia, and it wouldnt be able set up an attack to drop its bombs in a blink of an eye after a zoom climb.

Also lets not forget how much of these airsrip rugged fighters last compared to the "spoiled" F-16. 400 Engine life hours versus 5000 speaks alot louder than some migs staked in snow. At least untill these get similar kill ratios. Some of the falcon airframes flying today are over 20 or 30 years old. As for the "FOD walkers", most of those made at that time have long been put to pasture.

On another note, Europe/USA And eastern countries have always had a different aproach to aeronavigability of their airframes. You can see that in the way aircraft are maintained at airbases, aircraft design and maintenance practices. You may like seeing a mig sitting on the tarmac with grass growing tall but you wont be able to tell what is best for their preservation after you take in account the maintenace advantages versus the accumulated damage over time in each of the aircraft.

Russian aircraft are cheaper. PErhaps loosing some to FOD or rust is not just as damaging in terms of fleet maintenance because you can buy more of them, but then F-16's are cared for more carefuly because loosing all those expensive electronics to FOD or rust hits you back harder on fleet maintenance. OF course then, what these planes carry inside them also affect combat employment differently.

PS Im not saying this to start a pi$$ing contest. But someone had to establish an equilibrium arround here. :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You may make fun of the F-16 as you want, but 65-0 kill ratio and the mission to wipe the Iraqui reactor are nothing to laugh about.

LOL... it's like saying you are teh greatest kung fu fighter as you and your gang had beaten up 65 kids.

The moral of this story is, that you should use numbers in right context if you want to be taken seriously.

LOL... it's like saying you are teh greatest kung fu fighter as you and your gang had beaten up 65 kids.

The moral of this story is, that you should use numbers in right context if you want to be taken seriously.

Well, now, lets hear from you what context that is. I Just hope you remenber to mention all of the major occasions, not just those that are convenient from that point of view.

Name one other long range mission taken by other light fighters with the same or higher level of difficulty.

Im waiting. :)

My PC specs below:

Well, now, lets hear from you what context that is.
Ten (10) F-16’s for every MiG-29A in NATO military intervention over Yugoslavia.

Operation ALLIED FORCE Kosovo Order of Battle

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Ten (10) F-16’s for every MiG-29A in NATO military intervention over Yugoslavia.

Operation ALLIED FORCE Kosovo Order of Battle

I already knew this was going to come up. But for the F-16 AA kill ratio, this conflict went by almost blank.

My PC specs below:

You are right :)

f15snowfk0.jpg

But...ohh look they are sweeping the snow away! PFFF ! No points earned there! :D :rolleyes:

Real men take off in ice cubes right? :)

• Like 2

My PC specs below:

Note that Im talking about only F-16 AA.

My PC specs below:

• 2 months later...

Cool Pics Kusch!

Guaranteed to Freeze the Bollocks off a Brass Monkey, that :D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

The only thing you need to do for F-16 in weather like that is make sure ice is not forming on the intake lip. As long as ice does not forms excessively the aircraft should be able to taxi or fly. It depends mostly on the wing commander.

Not one of them would be able to justify or would like to be involve with a class "A" (more then one million of damage I think) accident report on a training mission, so most cancel or delay flying on this condition not because the aircraft can't do it but more because there no need.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..