The Motion Integrated G-Seat

I would say even just a set of instructions and parts list sold for a few bucks would be of great help to many. I’d buy a set of plans and build over time. ...

He is working on a DIY kit for the seat so you can build it yourself. I'd also pay up to 2500€ for a finished one.

I'd also buy plans because shipment of a kit to Sweden would cost an arm and a leg :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Wow! Just read the entire thread and your website, plus vids. Inspiring stuff!

I really hope a manufacturer jumps onto this and can build it to the same high standards you obviously use.

Not sure if I would be able to afford it but I would give it a serious go!!! :D

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Getting all those coordinated motions with only 3 motors is pure elegance and genius. I will definitely build one if you ever release and sell DIY plans.

Its funny, because when you first built the g-seat, i was wondering if it would be possible to integrate motion into the base or something....you read my mind and came up with an even better solution. Just awesome.

Wow, this really looks amazing. I'd also be interested in getting one.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Thanks for all your nice replies! Here's a quick update to this project:

I've teamed up with a fellow simmer and aviation engineer who helps me with further development and possible commercialization of the seat. We're currently in talks with a company which is interested in producing and selling the Motion Integrated G-Seat. Besides that we also plan to release a DIY version with a kit, plans and building instructions.

I'm going to post any news and progress here and on my website to keep you updated.

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

I've teamed up with a fellow simmer and aviation engineer who helps me with further development and possible commercialization of the seat. We're currently in talks with a company which is interested in producing and selling the Motion Integrated G-Seat. Besides that we also plan to release a DIY version with a kit, plans and building instructions.

I'm going to post any news and progress here and on my website to keep you updated.

Wow, the news about the DIY kit is Awesome! I can’t wait!

Yes please keep us posted!

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Ok - it's time for (military) flightsims to get really epic. Bring it on.

Wow I remember contacting you some years back regarding your seat when I first found it. Asking for info ect. I ended up buying NextLevel motion platform I found on sale.

But I would pay good money to actually realize that and own one of your seats. Amazin!

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, we're still in talks with some interested companies as potential manufacturers, but it is not easy to find one who has the required know-how AND production facilities to launch a commercialy available (and reasonably affordable) version of the seat.

Ok, thanks for the update. This seat, VR and simshaker would be the biggest things to happen to Flight sims for immersion.

• 11 months later...

Hello everybody!

A little over a year since the introduction of the Motion Integrated G-Seat, me and a partner now teamed up with a US based company which is building a prototype for commercialization.

Altough this company is eager to bring the seat to market, it is still too early to say when it will finally be available, in which versions (flight, race, DIY parts) and how much each is going to cost. My estimate (and hope) is that we are going to see something within this year.

To speed things up, I am now compiling a list of emails with all people interested in first-hand updates and information from this company, which I can forward to them.

If you want your email adress to be on this list, please send a quick mail to bergison@simpit.info. A short "OK G-Seat email list" is enough. Any additional request or comment is, as always, appreciated.

Best regards,

Bergison

Signed up, let us know when the first one goes out because sometimes my email address doesn't make it through spam filters (having a .org email address for 20 years will do that)

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all your nice comments! Here's a little update on the project:

Unfortunately the mentioned company is not making progress in a reasonable timeframe.

So me and my business partner are now evaluating means of launching the seat ourselves! We already found a promising company for production and assembly in close proximity to where I live and are now searching for and reaching out to possible investors to get this going.

If you want to help, please spread the word (e.g. in other sim forums) to reach a larger audience.

There is a new, 2 minute teaser of the seat for you to enjoy and share: