[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

it took me a bit to finally get everything right (Im not as computer savy as many of you all)

But holy hell.... I got it right now, and the combo of simshaker for aviators and the sound module by Andre, is worth every penny. It will totally bring the aircraft to life. I have only tried the hornet so far, but Andres program definitely makes the buttkicker an excellent addition. The sound module is not very expensive and the simshaker for aviators is free, I am looking for the way to make donation to that guy though. These guys that spend so much time making this community better, absolutely deserve a little cash.

Andres sound module will allow you to adjust all the sounds and shakes, to how you think they should be. I love having the afterburners with very strong vibration in comparison to the normal throttle, helps remind you that your burning lots of fuel. Just totally changes this sim. Im suppose to go back to Texas in a week to work my 2week hitch---- but I don't know, maybe I need to take a few more days off.[/quote

Would Simshaker Aviator and the soundmodule make the Forcefeel seat work pending ‘proper’ integration? For the life of me can’t get it working properly with my Rift

it took me a bit to finally get everything right (Im not as computer savy as many of you all)

But holy hell.... I got it right now, and the combo of simshaker for aviators and the sound module by Andre, is worth every penny. It will totally bring the aircraft to life. I have only tried the hornet so far, but Andres program definitely makes the buttkicker an excellent addition. The sound module is not very expensive and the simshaker for aviators is free, I am looking for the way to make donation to that guy though. These guys that spend so much time making this community better, absolutely deserve a little cash.

Andres sound module will allow you to adjust all the sounds and shakes, to how you think they should be. I love having the afterburners with very strong vibration in comparison to the normal throttle, helps remind you that your burning lots of fuel. Just totally changes this sim. Im suppose to go back to Texas in a week to work my 2week hitch---- but I don't know, maybe I need to take a few more days off.

Thank you, sir!

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just published a new beta version with the Christen Eagle II support. If everything goes well I'll publish a new stable soon..

:thumbup:

EDIT: She's alive! Thanks f4l0 for integrating the CEII into the SSA app. As usual, I have a question - is there a form of recommendation based on real pilot feedback on how to set up the various values? For me, I always set everything to 100, and then turning off the G-Effect completely (read that somewhere in this forum, but don't know why that's recommended). Of course, everything at 100 might not be the best way to do things, but lacking the deeper insights, here, could we have some fine-tuned profile for jets/props/helos that are closer to reality than - as in my case - setting everything to 100?

Thanks!

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

EDIT: She's alive! Thanks f4l0 for integrating the CEII into the SSA app. As usual, I have a question - is there a form of recommendation based on real pilot feedback on how to set up the various values? For me, I always set everything to 100, and then turning off the G-Effect completely (read that somewhere in this forum, but don't know why that's recommended). Of course, everything at 100 might not be the best way to do things, but lacking the deeper insights, here, could we have some fine-tuned profile for jets/props/helos that are closer to reality than - as in my case - setting everything to 100?

Thanks!

Hey Rhode...

I don't know a CE2 pilot, if here is a real one, I'd really appreciate the feedback...

Since I use a combination of seat and bass shaker my values may differ heavily. I like to have the buffet effects more on the seat. Touchdown and gun effects more on the bass shaker so they can be really strong :).

I would love to see the community sharing their settings...

I would love to see the community sharing their settings...

I would love to see some of those as well with some insight into why certain settings are set a certain way, and hopefully with a hint of realism applied. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Got my JetSeat FSE a few days ago... awesome addition to my setup!! Thank you Andre/Olaf for all you do!

I have spent a few hours in the P51 adjusting the different effects... some effects are very strong while others are quite subtle. Leaving all effects at the same strength (either all at the default 50 or cranking them all up to 100) produces an overall good experience, but some of the effects seem to get lost, so I have experimented with each effect individually in an effort to come up with an optimized combination. Using the "Effects Monitor" while watching flight tracks was very helpful... the feature allowed me to "see" which effects I was feeling and which effects I wasn't feeling after making strength adjustments.

Disclaimer: I am not a real pilot... I do have a few hours at the controls of several different prop planes, but my settings are just based on what I think each effect should feel like given my limited experience.

Some tweaking left to do, but here is the combination of settings I am happy with at the moment:

Afterburner/WEP: 50 - Still at default... have yet to test this effect.

Cannon/Gun Fire: 75 - Just crank this up! Feels great at any strength

Dashboard Shake: 50 - Didn't test this one much... still at default.

Engine Rumble/Piston Beat: 65 - Great effect! But had to bump it up to feel it much unless at full power. At 65 I could feel it just enough at cruising MP/RPM.

Flaps Movement: 95 - Very subtle/brief effect... couldn't feel it unless cranked to 90+

Gear Turbulence: 40 - Still playing with this one... seemed overly strong at 50, so lowered it a bit which helped improve "takeoff feeling"

G Feeling Effect: Off - Interesting effect, but turned it off.

Ground Bumps: 45 - The default 50 is fine, but definitely strong. I just took a little bit off it... even lower I could still feel bumps at pretty slow speeds.

Ground Roll: 35 - This one seemed too strong at the default. It felt good at 35, and I could still feel that moment when the wheels come off the runway... so cool!

Landing Gear Up/Down: 45 - Also just fine at the default

Payload Release/Missile Launch: 35 - Not much testing with this one... lowered it enough to still feel it.

Stall Shudders/Vortex Ring State: 65 - Bumping this one up a bit helped me feel it a little earlier in the stall

Touchdown: 75 - Happens quickly... definitely wanted to feel it above the ground effects especially during a hard landing.

With the P51 (and I assume all other warbirds) I feel adjusting engine rumble/gear turbulence/ground roll combinations enhance the overall experience... the gains are subtle, but worthwhile imo. I did spend a few minutes in the Yak-52, and it appears the effects will not need much tweaking... with all the settings at 50, effects didn't seem to contend with each other as much as in the P51. Really looking forward to more experimenting... this is all just too much fun!

Hoping others post their configs/thoughts... cheers!!

Edited by Bluemask

Would it be possible to tweak the piston engine effects? In the ceii it us super strong and I can feel the engine rumble but the p-51 among others feels pretty weak :)

The -30 51 also has lost its effect again

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Got my JetSeat FSE a few days ago... awesome addition to my setup!! Thank you Andre/Olaf for all you do!

I have spent a few hours in the P51 adjusting the different effects...

Thank you for sharing that, sir!

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would it be possible to tweak the piston engine effects? In the ceii it us super strong and I can feel the engine rumble but the p-51 among others feels pretty weak :)

The -30 51 also has lost its effect again

I agree with this and request if it is possible to increase the piston engine effects for the Spitfire and P51 because it feels very weak.

Thanks in anticipation. I very much enjoy and appreciate SSA.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

P51 and Spitfire still uses the old engine effect. The new one is currently just used for the CEII and YAK. If you like it. I'll add this new effect to the older planes as well...

Good afternoon,

Could you tell me is Simshaker for aviators now support the new realteus device?

I had a gametrix which stopped working, and now I have a realteus forcefeel device I would like to use with simshaker for aviators.

And, if not, any idea when it will be supported? Hard to imagine flying without that, now. Simshaker along with VR is to me a must have :)

(Of course I'm talking about a real integration with the USB device, not sound module)

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Really? Those are bad news :)

No way I could fix my gametrix ^^ I have not the knowledge for that ^^

Good that simshaker for wheels work with the realteus, at least I could use it for car driving, if not for sim flying...

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

P51 and Spitfire still uses the old engine effect. The new one is currently just used for the CEII and YAK. If you like it. I'll add this new effect to the older planes as well...

Yes please; that would be great :)

Thank you very much for all you do with SSA :pilotfly:

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

The engine effect in the CEII and Yak is truly spectacular! :thumbup:

Please add it to the older planes... thank you, Olaf!

Hi everyone!!

Really loved this software!!! It's very inmersive in conjunction with VR.

After a lot of hours flying with it, I just found a minor bug:

Simshaker crashes if I click on button MODE of the IFEI of the Hornet.

:(:(

Does anybody has the same issue or is that just I problem of mine???

Cheers!!:pilotfly:

Spanish Ala12rv Pilot 

Nevada TTR // Persian Gulf // Syria // South Atlantic

T.35C Tamiz // C-101 Mirlo // F-5E Tiger // FA-18C Hornet // Mirage F1 // EF2K!!! // F-14B Tomcat // F-16C Viper

MSI.Z690 // i9-12900F 5.1GHz // RTX3090 24GB // DDR5 5600Mhz 64GB

QuestPro // Hotas.Warthog // MFG.Crosswind // WW.Panels // TK.ICP // MFD.Cougar // Jetseat

Hi everyone!!

Really loved this software!!! It's very inmersive in conjunction with VR.

After a lot of hours flying with it, I just found a minor bug:

:(:(

Cheers!!:pilotfly:

Thx, for the feedback. I'll have a look at it on the weekend...

Can confirm. Just tried after the start of the mission and hitting the IFEI/Mode button caused a crash ("Input string was not in a correct format.").

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Can confirm. Just tried after the start of the mission and hitting the IFEI/Mode button caused a crash ("Input string was not in a correct format.").

Yeah, the reason is, I parse the value/display to get the rpm values... I'll add a workaround thus if I can not parse the value, I'll reuse the old values... Not the best way but that's currently the only thing I can do...