A10 BFTC - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
Cosmic_AK

Default A10 BFTC

I purchased the A10C Basic Flight Training Course, Tactical Training Qualification, and Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification through Steam.

Have to say after attempting the Basic Flight Training Course I am extremely frustrated. I do not know exactly how many hours I have spent on this module. I put an hour into trying to get through one mission then at the mission summary get rated unqualified and told I operated poorly cause I forgot to turn the radio off during the shutdown procedure.Who enjoys doing the same thing over and over an hour at a time............

Last edited by Cosmic_AK; 02-06-2019 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typed alot of stuff in anger I didnt mean.
Cosmic_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
mastersetter

I understand your frustrations, i was the same but pressed on through. It is an effective way to learn through repetition, you can skip missions by editing the logbook lua, once you get through there is a great sense of achievement, at least for me
Old 02-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
kaltokri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_AK View Post
Who enjoys doing the same thing over and over and over wasting an hour at a time............

I play the BFTC the second time and enjoy it.
Yes some times it's a little bit fustrating to get a not qualify and you don't know why. For me it was a great help to watch the videos of Recon Steward on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghUB...zOhqRgLMRxe11d

I learned a lot from this campaign. It is not perfect, but I can't share your opinion. But I havn't play BMS, so I cannot compare it with DCS.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread
kaltokri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Cosmic_AK

I agree. I was just frustrated when i posted. I mean I did everything perfect except turn off the radio during the shut down and I got Disqualified. So of course there must be something wrong with the game and not me right? HaHa

Gotta employ a little jiu jitsu on my ego!!
Old 02-06-2019, 07:30 PM   #5
jcbak

I used checklists I created for myself so I wouldn't forget items. I know its a bit of work but much less than doing it over and over again and it was akin to taking notes. Although I do agree that repetition has its benefits. Keep in mind, it is a STUDY sim. It will pay off in the end. There is a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that you wouldn't have if it was easy.
WIN 10, i7 4790K 4ghz, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Z97 MB, GTX 980ti, Antec 850w PSU, Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, Samsung 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/SIZE]
jcbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #6
Cosmic_AK

I agree i think it will be worth it in the end. I like the checklist idea and Im going to employ that. Going to watch the videos kaltokri suggested as well.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #7
Puma

My two opinions on those campaigns:

1) “Training” is highly misleading. I think of them as final exams. They will test your ability to execute within many paramters. It can seem tedious at first, but over multiple missions they add more so its crucial you master each skill.

2) Decoding and sometimes guessing what the mission paramters are can be frustrating. You are guessing what a programmer thought to check for. But again, this is actually building an essential DCS skill for “real” missions.

I spend over a year systematically completing these missions and can say confidently it was worth pushing through them.

i7-8700K, 16 GB DDR4 3600, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, MSI GTX 970, 500GB Samsung Evo SSD+2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, 39" 4k Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Custom Pit
Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #8
Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_AK View Post
I purchased the A10C Basic Flight Training Course, Tactical Training Qualification, and Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification through Steam.

Have to say after attempting the Basic Flight Training Course I am extremely frustrated. I do not know exactly how many hours I have spent on this module. I put an hour into trying to get through one mission then at the mission summary get rated unqualified and told I operated poorly cause I forgot to turn the radio off during the shutdown procedure.Who enjoys doing the same thing over and over an hour at a time............

Hi Cosmic,

In this Forum (see link below) you´ll get a faster response from developers

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Rgds

Last edited by Hamilton; 02-11-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #9
JJester

I completed BFTC last night (the cheering troops makes it all worth while!).

I found the campaign enjoyable and felt a degree of accomplishment after completing the final test.

I didn't realise until a few missions in that there are practice versions of the exam flights which helped in some cases. I used these (or just flew the exam) to see what was required and to practice. Most took around 3 attempts but there were a couple that took a few more and one or two that I passed first time. As has been said, make checklists initially. You'll be surprised how quickly you are able to go without but mine are always close to hand.

I mixed this campaign up with some of the standalone missions to avoid too much accumulated frustration.

Well worth persevering in my opinion.
JJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #10
mscfsb

Definitely worth the effort guys. I'm Just doing the same campaign and as has been mentioned, Recon Stewarts videos are well worth watching. He also covers the next two Campaigns too. The Advanced and the Tactical ones. It wasn't too clear within the campaign but yes there are practice missions included for all lessons. They are accessed through the mission planner. I find Checklists are also a must It's so frustrating when after a whole test you fail for omitting a single item on the checklist.
mscfsb is offline   Reply With Quote