Landing Gear Lever

obious

Hi All,

Does anyone know where/how to find a simply (possibly 3D printer) landing gear lever that I can mount to an on-on toggle switch? I've tried Shapeways but so far have had no luck

Cheers

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Looks like a cream filled biscuit!

PS. I too want a landing gear handle, thought about using one of those drill bits that cut pipe holes.

Select one that is the diameter you want, cut about 5 holes in a piece of 5mm poly sheet, glue them together then sand them into a handle shape.

Drill into handle with a drill bit about the size of a biro.

Cut a biro, stick in hole and glue, paint then glue to switch, job jobbed.

• 2 months later...

I made a gear lever based off of this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3082051

There is a replica F18 knob that fits here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3474129

There was a reeddit post on hoggit that got me onto these 2 models, struggling to find it.

In the end I customised this design and made it a little different for my purposes. Certainly a good place to start!

Edit: Sorry, re-reading OP shows I might be a bit off the mark. Reckon it's still worth sharing.

Edited by acorky

Here are some videos by RomeoKilo

This one shows it in action

And here's the detail of it. Within 2 min you'll see the insides of it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I just made one another way.

Have one of these:

Gle0N8U.jpg

Cut 5 disks of plexi (you can to them without the drill bit but I did 3 with the drill to create a hole for a LED and 2 without).

1IbdYKH.jpg

Sand them

jqv89ff.jpg

uzrZKtW.jpg

Glue, sand again and drill:

9d2wPdS.jpg

Thats just a bit of biro, ive got some 8mm ally tube on order.

zf9YMJA.jpg

SZb6YPk.jpg

I will sand it entirely and may try and find a suitable paint but its going to have an LED in it so it needs to be transparent.

I just made one another way.

What a great idea! Good job!!!

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.