NEED for better TRIM or NOT???

NEED for better TRIM or NOT???  

27 members have voted

1. 1. NEED for better TRIM or NOT???

• Im happy how it is, full "nose heavy" trim to cruise and still push a little.
    • I would like to have more "nose heavy" trim ability.

Hi everyone,

I was reading allot of trim post, people arguing, how it is and how it should be, ED team arguing back, that trim is correct how it is and it will be not changed, because of somebody’s different opinion.

So I want to try a shot, for how many of Bf109 pilots are happy with it how it is, and how many of you would like to have wider range into "nose heavy direction" of trim wheel.

Just this, I DONT want to reopen whole discussion again, because it will either way lead to nowhere. Hopefully this will be not closed or deleted.

• Like 1

A bit of a pointless poll, in my opinion. IF the current behaviour is accurate for this variant of 109, then it should stay. What people would prefer becomes irrelevant.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

A bit of a pointless poll, in my opinion. IF the current behaviour is accurate for this variant of 109, then it should stay. What people would prefer becomes irrelevant.

^^^^ This.

Besides, with the proper setting of throttle and manual propeller pitch, the current trim is enough to fly level even with a full rear tank.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Agree, this is a simulator, not an arcade depicting waht people (109 fansboys) want it to be. Besides that, current trim is more than enough for cruising. And last but not least ED is not like other developers bending the knee to fanboys asking for "better gameplay" and I highly respect them for that. Pointless poll.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The only thing is that the elevator trim tabs are neutral. The pitch up moment is pretty much exactly like in Ver. Bericht 109 02 E44 described. I compensated for the 5-6% MAC different CG of the tested G model to the K and used respectively empty MW50 + reduced fuel. It all fits, but trim tabs are set neutral.

PS: One has to also mention that for K-4 production the tabs were doubled in size. I think this was done for a reason.

K-4

G-6

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Hi everyone,

I was reading allot of trim post, people arguing, how it is and how it should be, ED team arguing back, that trim is correct how it is and it will be not changed, because of somebody’s different opinion.

So I want to try a shot, for how many of Bf109 pilots are happy with it how it is, and how many of you would like to have wider range into "nose heavy direction" of trim wheel.

Just this, I DONT want to reopen whole discussion again, because it will either way lead to nowhere. Hopefully this will be not closed or deleted.

I am happy with it.

Works fine for me on the "Burning Skies" server in MP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice, very nice.

This poll, I admit, it is quite pointless. Because this poll & discussion will change nothing, except of my feelings. For now I have learned the lesson and will never try to post topic like this or similar.

Thanks very much, see you in virtual sky somewhere someday ;)